Third Skill for existing Two Skill Characters?

After a mention of the idea of a third skill possibly coming somewhere down the road (but no time soon) for Ragnarok I started wondering about the rest of the current line-up that only has two skills:

Daken, Bullseye, Dr. Doom, M.Black Widow, Loki, C.Hawkeye, Juggernaut, Venom, Yelena B., and Ragnarok

Devs: Is there any tentative plan to add a third skill to these characters? Whether it actually happens or not, has the idea been tossed around the office? Maybe some would be more worthwhile to address than others? (ie. 2stars and up)

Community: What third skill would you like to see added to any of these characters?

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should give Daken a third passive, just to keep him unique.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the love of god, Daken does not need yet another passive. Bad enough he has two already.
  • I think making this a priority could really help them build up some of the goodwill that's been lost lately. It would also help make some of the tokens that are currently seen as insta-sells more appealing as prizes, as people try to get all the new covers for old characters.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think making this a priority could really help them build up some of the goodwill that's been lost lately. It would also help make some of the tokens that are currently seen as insta-sells more appealing as prizes, as people try to get all the new covers for old characters.
    Most people would end up with 5/5/3 as we've all maxed out those covers eons ago. I'd rather see the re-spec system in place first before they add the third skills just to mitigate the inevitable whining that they need to rebuild character X from scratch.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think making this a priority could really help them build up some of the goodwill that's been lost lately. It would also help make some of the tokens that are currently seen as insta-sells more appealing as prizes, as people try to get all the new covers for old characters.
    Most people would end up with 5/5/3 as we've all maxed out those covers eons ago. I'd rather see the re-spec system in place first before they add the third skills just to mitigate the inevitable whining that they need to rebuild character X from scratch.

Agreed. A respec system would have to be in place first. Giving them a new ability first would mean any hope of maxing that out would be impossible, and to no fault of the player.
  • Yeah a respec system would be a must if they did add third skills to these guys, but we know that's already coming down the pike. I was hoping to get a response from someone official as to whether or not this idea was even on the table, just out of curiosity.

I actually like the idea of another passive for Daken. That would be his trademark, he doesn't do anything flashy but he's consistent.

One idea (which might be way too powerful :shrug:) would be something like a bonus to damage, or an additional hit (a la OBW) based on a stockpile of AP, probably red. For example +1 dmg per red AP you have. This would be additional damage on top of strike tiles, so he could hit even harder, but then you sort of have the decision to make of destroying your existing red strike tiles to get more AP to add to this passive as well as not using your red AP towards other teammates abilities.
  • adamLmpq wrote:
    One idea (which might be way too powerful :shrug:) would be something like a bonus to damage, or an additional hit (a la OBW) based on a stockpile of AP, probably red. For example +1 dmg per red AP you have. This would be additional damage on top of strike tiles, so he could hit even harder, but then you sort of have the decision to make of destroying your existing red strike tiles to get more AP to add to this passive as well as not using your red AP towards other teammates abilities.

Or maybe even a passive that does a burst of additional damage when you destroy a strike tile. It would work somewhat like Daredevil's traps except the strike tile wouldn't be replaced. So you can destroy the strike tiles for big damage now or keep them consistent damage over time.
  • Nice idea. In particular, I think Yelena Belova, Bullseye, Daken, and Venom need this so that evil teams get an infusion of color and wouldn't rely so much on expensive black abilities.

I guess this would also increase the max level of the 1* characters who currently only have 2 abilities to 50, which would increase their mileage a bit.
  • I've always liked the idea of Doom/Loki being able to make a clone of themselves that can take damage in their place.

But, Doom and Loki are pretty decent without a third ability.
  • Dooms black power ability is way too freaking powerful. And his blue power ability feeds his black ability. I should spend real money to level that guy but i'm afraid i'm just throwing away money to a soon to be nerfed character.
  • pulis wrote:
    Dooms black power ability is way too freaking powerful. And his blue power ability feeds his black ability. I should spend real money to level that guy but i'm afraid i'm just throwing away money to a soon to be nerfed character.

Don't let the Lightning Rounds skew your perception of him.

His black packs a punch, but it takes quite awhile to build it up and launch it. Quite often, you are competing with Dakan/Wolvy for empty red tiles by the time you get it off. Also, since many of the most powerful abilities are red, the AI will often prioritize making matches with red and ruining your strike tiles.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    bullseye is an assassin more than he is an archer, despite his character in this game. I came up with a "I never miss" passive that generates crit tiles with 4 are matched by him.

Widow needs a takedown / gunshots ability. Eliminate tiles or remove tiles of a certain color ability.

Juggernaut could have an "immovable object" passive that ripostes a static amount or ends the other players turn even if special abilities are targeted at Juggernaut.

Venom could have a generate tiles / bash tiles / wall crawl ability. Not really sure how to implement that.

Give daken a claw attack. Seriously, here's got claws. If I had claws, I would use them.

Loki needs a (stunt double) ability ala Hawkeye that bypasses and negates DMG.

Doom needs a pew-pew laser blast.
  • ronin-san wrote:
    Juggernaut could have an "immovable object" passive that ends the other players turn even if special abilities are targeted at Juggernaut.

Some good ideas there, I REALLY like this juggernaut one!
  • Why can't Venom use his green/web tiles for something like Spidey can with his yellows??????? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

How about some sort of symbiotic link with Spidey that causes some sort of attack on him (Venom -> Spider Man) and therefore he lets out some purple tiles to the board, say between 4 - 8 and takes damage? Well Spidey can't sense Venom so that can be used somehow, otherwise creating green web tiles is such a random thing for him to do when Spidey essentially does the same thing, but the team benefits from it with his heal. icon_neutral.gif
  • JusticeB wrote:
    Why can't Venom use his green/web tiles for something like Spidey can with his yellows??????? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

How about some sort of symbiotic link with Spidey that causes some sort of attack on him (Venom -> Spider Man) and therefore he lets out some purple tiles to the board, say between 4 - 8 and takes damage? Well Spidey can't sense Venom so that can be used somehow, otherwise creating green web tiles is such a random thing for him to do when Spidey essentially does the same thing, but the team benefits from it with his heal. icon_neutral.gif

Venom uses his green webs to eat people. It's just very rare to have the AI pull it off. I've never seen it personally.
  • JusticeB wrote:
    Why can't Venom use his green/web tiles for something like Spidey can with his yellows??????? icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Venom uses his green webs to eat people. It's just very rare to have the AI pull it off. I've never seen it personally.

I've done it once, but not on someone with 9999 health so I hope it works as it says it should. However, even though he does eat his own tiles for devour, he should have something else he can do as well, because he doesn't just eat green tiles, but yellow ones too, right?
  • Probably third color would make Pve even harder. Ares for example, 3 color and very difficult to beat at 230 lvl.
    Jug does not need New skill. He need the crash nerfed to 10 ap cost, along the line with other board clear skills.
    His headbutt nerfed to 10 ap, at the moment sunder looks like a weaker headbutt with more ap cost.