Disco Dino

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
So having played RAAAAAAWWW!! A little during the anniversary its become apparent that icon_devildino.png is worth nothing more than having a little boogie a move before you win to celebrate.

I get that hes a joke character brought out for special occasions and such, but with roster slots being so expensive is he really worth rostering?

I have 3 covers ( redflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png ) queued and I think I'm just going to sell them off. With all the event tokens I have much more useful characters waiting for a slot.

Can any of you vets out there vouch for the tiny armed Disco Diva? Anyone have him fully covered and levelled, does he get any better?

I really think that with him being a joke character and only available once a year that they should make him the only free to roster character. Could the powers that be please consider this.

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    He's still better than Invisible Woman and Elektra in the 4-star level. He also has the cheapest move in the game, which can be useful. He's not a complete joke.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Wooodd wrote:

I really think that with him being a joke character and only available once a year that they should make him the only free to roster character. Could the powers that be please consider this.

+1
    A free roster slot. Then we can heartily celebrate this anniversary.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Roster and level help? Really.

Would perhapd have accepted a move to Character Discussion but the thread is more general than anythings else.

Is he useful later on = charactee discussion

Should I roster or delete = roster help

Any chance of getting free slot = gen discussion

Really is a multi-topic post and as such I though general discussion would be best suited. Oh well, another thread to dwell in the unread.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wooodd wrote:
    So having played RAAAAAAWWW!! A little during the anniversary its become apparent that icon_devildino.png is worth nothing more than having a little boogie a move before you win to celebrate.

I get that hes a joke character brought out for special occasions and such, but with roster slots being so expensive is he really worth rostering?

I have 3 covers ( redflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png ) queued and I think I'm just going to sell them off. With all the event tokens I have much more useful characters waiting for a slot.

Can any of you vets out there vouch for the tiny armed Disco Diva? Anyone have him fully covered and levelled, does he get any better?

... or make him more substantial.

Judging from his animations it seems obvious he was supposed to have a roar and a bite ... and , seriously, Devil Dino without a roar??? ... but at some point his red and green power became the same? Maybe it was a bizarre mistake in coding that they never bothered to correct.

He first appeared in the last sub of The Hunt ... 18 months ago or so (not looking it up), as a joke. The only other 4*s from that time, XFW and IW, have been reworked—and STILL lag the meta! Dino has never changed.

Still, he is also the only character left with a ridiculously cheap (<5AP) ability (those used to be pretty common in the early days...), nd as such has utility with other characters whose passives trigger when an ally fires an ability (Carnage, Khan, Prof X). And he's a pretty big meatbag.

All that said, he could be a whole lot better ... a whole lot more Devil in his Dino. Has been discussed many times, recently in Any Plans to Make Devil Dino Usable? I REALLY like the ideas I presented there icon_e_biggrin.gif Won't happen unless the devs decide to make him a regularly distributed character, I'm guessing.
    The version introduced in The Hunt was a bit different than the current incarnation of the Devil - his strong colors were red/green/black, and his only power was Prehistoric Bite that did quite decent damage for the cost. He popped up every now and then in Simulators and Deadpool vs MPQ. Then he got retooled for the Anniversary and got his current setup. Prehistoric Bite got its damage lowered. Prehistoric Chomp was introduced, and it was a carbon copy of Bite. And the arm wiggling was introduced.
    So yes, he has been changed, just not for the better.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel compelled to keep my dino slotted for a while just in case they decide to add him into the regular rotation. if they ever do it, it will be now since everyone playing the game has had chances at him recently. he does need some balancing adjustment (buff). really will be disappointed that I wasted several thousand iso on his covers rather than selling them. my anniversary coming up, so could add 1/1/1 in about 6 weeks. since they are moving the top core of the game from 3* to 4*, I could see them adding dino into the rotation, but wish he was a little more useful.