Jean Grey vs XForce Deadpool

Hello to all icon_e_smile.gif
This is my first post. I've been playing this game religiously for over 460 days now. Recently I've collected enough coins to max either Jean Grey or XFDeadpool and not sure which way to go. I know Jean is great on defense, but XFD seems like overall better character.
For those who have them both - Can you please advise me of which one should I buy covers for? Which one would you prefer for PvP matches?
I would really appreciate your help.
Thank you all!

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most would agree JG is the better overall. The argument one would make for XDP is that his healing allows you to extend climbs in PvP and grinds in PvP.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Most would agree JG is the better overall. The argument one would make for XDP is that his healing allows you to extend climbs in PvP and grinds in PvP.

JG is one of the best PVP scarecrows there is.. the perfect counter for winfinite and fistbusters
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    +1 for Jean Grey. Xdp is good, and he is really a fun character to use, but Jeannie is a much more relevant character in pvp.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    another vote for Jean... she's a step (or 2) better, overall, than XFDP
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    It depends on how far along you are in the 4 star transition. If you could see yourself using Silver Surfer one day, Deadpool is more useful than JG. I feel like JG is better at preventing lower level people from attacking you than Deadpool, but not as good at offense.
  • Thank you all for your prompt replies. I really appreciate it. I don't know how to add my roster here, but if you have a time to check it in the game and let me know your thoughts. I am a member of NOT SORRY alliance. Thanks in advance.
  • I think JG is more versatile and works better with a greater number of other toons. She's great in PvP, but she is also a PvE monster against goons with her purple power.
  • pmraven wrote:
    Thank you all for your prompt replies. I really appreciate it. I don't know how to add my roster here, but if you have a time to check it in the game and let me know your thoughts. I am a member of NOT SORRY alliance. Thanks in advance.

Use MPQ Gamependium (it's in my signature)

Got it! Thx icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I group the 4* characters in 4 tiers: JG is tier 1 (with Iceman/HB), XDP is tier 2 (with about 6-7 others).

The separation isn't super large there, but JG gives a more steady path safely through PvP.
  • Alx85
    Alx85 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Xdp's red takes so long to fire. Go for JG
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    To reiterate from above, Teen Grey fo' sure. It's the only defense vs PX+S.Witch+GSBW. I made the mistake once of thinking she was going to die with a triple match-5. instead I shot myself (everyone for that matter) in the foot for 6k+ ea. insta-death. Besides she slows the match which is a deterrent for hoppers
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    She's one of the best AoE damage characters in the game because of her cheap purple. It does good damage (great damage when boosted) and wipes out enemy special tiles.

Her ability to stun, damage, and drain AP is great even at 3 covers (most people would say 5 covers doesn't do enough to warrant the increase and I agree).

Her green doesn't get used as often (until Red Hulk, green AP was a lot tougher to come by than purple), but it produces good (if random) special tiles and great special tiles when boosted.

That being said, 4Pool has some amazing combos and a 5 cover X-Enforcer can do serious damage to the enemy team and works well with Thing or against AoE damage teams. 5 Purples with a Surgical Strike is a super nuke. 5 Purples will also greatly slow down your enemy from acquiring the strongest color. His 5 cover red does phenomenal damage and can often leave you with full health at the end of a battle. Of course, you don't want to max out both Red and Black, because if he's tanking the damage to heal himself, his black cover won't fire as often. As such, I have a 5/3/5 4Pool and a 3/5/5.

...of course, Jean can nuke all of the purple boxes without harm.

There's not really a bad choice and as soon as you can get both, you should.