Change the reward system for featured tournaments

Hey so I was thinking about how the rewards should pay out for the tournaments and as of right now, you only get the one reward for whatever tier you end up in. I think it should be set up so you get everything below your current rank too. The reason being that I never want to go above rank 200 because Hero points are so much more valuable. In this tournament for example rank 1000-5000 is an iron man cover 200-1000 is 100HP and 31-200 is a hawkeye cover. While I want that hawkeye cover, I can't go any higher because if I do I miss out on the HP. And on the same end while I want that iron man cover, I know the HP are much better. So it really should be set up so that you get your tier and then everything below that tier too.

Comments

• 100% agree though if they make this change they may need to tweak the tiers and number of rewards. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Yeah. All non payers are aiming for 200-1000 rank.
    Heck, ya get punished if ya try for top 30 and just miss it.....
  • Yeah, I completely agree as well. I initially thought that was how the system worked, but was disappointed a few tournaments back when I got a **** cover instead of some HP
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    And.... changed. If you'll notice in this Weekend Tournament, prizes are now given out differently. You can gain multiples of a given Comic Cover and still gain HP/Iso-8 from ranks above. Enjoy!
  • IceIX wrote:
    And.... changed. If you'll notice in this Weekend Tournament, prizes are now given out differently. You can gain multiples of a given Comic Cover and still gain HP/Iso-8 from ranks above. Enjoy!

Just noticed this myself; it's almost like you all know what you're doing or something!? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Very nice change! Now it'll be more rewarding to reach the higher ranks
  • really nice to be at #2 once in a while....-P
  • IceIX wrote:

Am I understanding this right? Starting with the one star tournament players would win the prize from where they finish, PLUS the lower tier rewards as well? That's how I thought the tournaments were going to work from the start and would be a very welcome change!
  • Furiated wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Am I understanding this right? Starting with the one star tournament players would win the prize from where they finish, PLUS the lower tier rewards as well? That's how I thought the tournaments were going to work from the start and would be a very welcome change!
    That is what I put together too. When I started the app this morning I had a Captain America cover with a red power and initially I thought I ended up in the 11-50 bracket, but then I got the Cap cover with the blue power, then some hero points and then some crystals. I figured out that I must be awarded the prize from my bracket as well as all of the brackets below. So if you ended in spot #1 or #2 you got everything in the tournament reward prize pool. I'm loving that!
  • Everly wrote:
    Furiated wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

That is what I put together too. When I started the app this morning I had a Captain America cover with a red power and initially I thought I ended up in the 11-50 bracket, but then I got the Cap cover with the blue power, then some hero points and then some crystals. I figured out that I must be awarded the prize from my bracket as well as all of the brackets below. So if you ended in spot #1 or #2 you got everything in the tournament reward prize pool. I'm loving that!

That's not exactly how it works; if you look at each of the Leaderboard Awards, you'll see that some of the tiers now include multiple rewards but you still only receive the one tier of rewards. For example in the current tournament, if you get between 1-5 place you'll get 3 covers (Cpt American Red, Yellow & Blue) plus 250 ISO-8 & 100 HP. You will not win the Yelena Belova covers in the 251-5000 tiers. So they added multiple rewards to some of the higher tiers but you don't win all the tiers below your tier.
  • the reward is clearly stated that if you are top 2, you get all 3 captain america., 3-10 you get 2. you however don't get the iron man which was an award for lower ranked ppl.
  • forgrim wrote:
    the reward is clearly stated that if you are top 2, you get all 3 captain america., 3-10 you get 2. you however don't get the iron man which was an award for lower ranked ppl.
    I think hogunner is talking about the Avenger Tournament that is going on right now. You are talking about (and I agree with you) the one-star tournament that just ended. So I ended up getting two Captain America covers as well as Hero Points and Iso Crystals. The Points and Crystals must have also be part of the reward for the 3-10 tier, I just didn't notice them (must have been distracted by the CA cover) I do like the idea of the tier you end on including all of the rewards from the lower tiers as well.
  • Everly wrote:
    I think hogunner is talking about the Avenger Tournament that is going on right now. You are talking about (and I agree with you) the one-star tournament that just ended. So I ended up getting two Captain America covers as well as Hero Points and Iso Crystals. The Points and Crystals must have also be part of the reward for the 3-10 tier, I just didn't notice them (must have been distracted by the CA cover) I do like the idea of the tier you end on including all of the rewards from the lower tiers as well.

Yes, in the One-Star tournament it clearly states all of the prizes that you win for any given rank. Rank 1-2 was all 3 colors for Cap, 250 iso and 100 HP. The next tier down was the same thing, minus the yellow Cap skill. The next tier down after that was all the same except for only getting one cap skill (blue or red, i forget). The points and crystals are available for most of the tiers except for the bottom 2-3 tiers I believe
  • Anyone has any idea why the current Avenger tournament's system is not bracketed leaderboard anymore?

My avenger team really sucks since i didnt' level up hawkeye at all and i dont want to level up captain america too much before the new patch.