Avengers Elite Training

Comments

• Currently #13 with 820 points, cant get any higher because suddenly all my opponents are around 200ish points and I get 1 or 0 point fighting them. Oh, and -45 for getting attacked.
  • Hey, at least someone is winning.

Hp drain from the economy: HUGE SUCCESS!

gg devs

(watching while eating pop corn with gusto outside of this madness * chomp * chomp * )
  • Made a separate post, but this isn't confined just to this event. The twilight zone of 1-3 pts fights is happening in the other event too.

Of note, it happened while in the 800 pt range fyi. So the number at which it happens seem to be similar.
  • Made a separate post, but this isn't confined just to this event. The twilight zone of 1-3 pts fights is happening in the other event too.

Of note, it happened while in the 800 pt range fyi. So the number at which it happens seem to be similar.

Thanks for sharing. I was really blindsided by that because I was in that range in the last Army Of One and nothing like that happened to me. Puts my mind at ease to know it's at least consistent across events and players.

Gang, please excuse any constant posting about that - I was confused and alone in the dark about what was happening.

I really need to get some better perspective; as much as I love the competition, there's no need for me to take it so seriously.

Please ignore my back and forth with thereck as well. The community isn't served by a witch hunt here, as I saw Nemek post in another thread, and on reflection I agree. If people have been reported and investigated and nothing has been done, I'm going to assume that at least nothing provable has taken place given that shadow bans have been doled out in the past.

thereck, if I'm wrong about everything, please accept my apology. Your strategies are sound, and I've seen you posting helpful information for other players in other threads, and that alone is commendable.
  • In the interests of full disclose, given my recent silliness -

I can now confirm that it is possible to get out of the seed team zone. I've been grinding 3 point matches since I hit the drop off point at 880. Those asking about shield expenditure for this tournament can extrapolate and get a good sense of my spend based on that alone.

Somewhere around 1010, I began to see 500-700 ranked teams again. Not that it really matters at this point, because most of them are still worth 3 points (max I saw was 8, that I hit once), and all I'm doing is making it more and more dangerous for me to pop out of shields for additional points, since there are now people with decent enough teams to burn me down who have me sitting in a retaliation queue.
  • i'm out of this. i'm stuck in grinding hell where i can't gain any points due to being attacked by others for 5-6x what i'm earning. that's what i get for oversleeping my shield icon_e_sad.gif
  • i'm out of this. i'm stuck in grinding hell where i can't gain any points due to being attacked by others for 5-6x what i'm earning. that's what i get for oversleeping my shield icon_e_sad.gif

I feel you. I went from 6th to 149th yesterday in like two hours cause i forgot shielding. Took me like two hours to get back where I was.

Usually, the amount of time i played had more to do with free time and getting tired, but now with the nerf on thor, i´m actually having to use health packs some times, so there´s only so much i can climb the stands.

I like shields, they are an evil necessity, but we´re getting screwed. the only way to play elite right now is play really fast, rack up some points, shield immediately, then repeat a while later.
  • I really want to unshield, but would need three matches to hit the 2nd-3rd bracket...doubled shield costs.... hrmmm
  • Err, they doubled even in that tournament?
  • pretty sure, cant check but every other tournament has double shield costs now
  • Yeah, but those started after the change. When one entered this for 300hp should calculated the additional cost of mandatory shields. Change that is extremely rude.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Uh oh...Zuckas is making a run with this lvl 61 Thor-led team...
  • Nemek wrote:
    Uh oh...Zuckas is making a run with this lvl 61 Thor-led team...

Hey I've still got you placing top 3 in my fantasy avengers elite training team. i need you to step it up.
  • Shields for this one are still at the rate they began (50/100/200).
  • thanks for the tip
  • Nemek
    I think josemartins may have forgotten about a shield. I saw him drop like a rock out of the top 10.

I queued him up for big points later....and now I don't think he's going to be worth much icon_e_sad.gif
  • Nemek wrote:
    I think josemartins may have forgotten about a shield. I saw him drop like a rock out of the top 10.

I queued him up for big points later....and now I don't think he's going to be worth much icon_e_sad.gif

Must have - he was running a IM35 as part of his team, so he'd be a prime target once he went visible.
  • Nemek
    Yeah, just found him again in matchmaking after hitting him once (because I figure he'll never be worth more than he is right now again), he's down to 698.
  • enjoying watching collisc get greedy and then drop
  • notreck wrote:
    enjoying watching collisc get greedy and then drop

just worked him into my matches....should help me when i get knocked out of top 10.