Another Leveling Advice Topic

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I've been playing this game for since October, but after the recent changes I'm at a loss as to exactly how I wish to proceed when it comes to developing my characters.

I have 759 ISO-8 to spare and the most relevant characters in my roster are as follows:

Thor LV85/85, 5/5/3
Wolverine (X-Men) LV85/85, 5/3/5

Black Widow (Grey Suit) LV79/128, 4/3/5
Punisher LV77/89, 4/3/2
Classic Storm LV67/77, 5/5/2
Hulk LV66/79, 5/1/2
Black Widow (Original) LV63/85, 5/5/3
Classic Spidey LV44/77, 2/4/2
Daken LV51/69, 5/5

I'm honestly at a loss for how to proceed with developing my characters. I'm considering selling either my Thor or my Wolverine and starting them over in time, but I'm not completely sure I want to do that. I also don't really know which characters to invest ISO in to become my new core team in the event I dump Thor/Wolvie.

Since you guys tend to offer good advice in these forums, I'd like to gather some opinions before I make my decision. My current thoughts are to replace Wolvie with either Punisher or Daken and bring Classic Spidey into my lineup, with Original Widow as a third.

Problem is the 2/3 of my choices won't be eligible for the Avengers. I might have to consider just taking one of the lower rank rewards in that case, but I Heroic Token and some ISO won't be a terrible reward.

Comments

• Don't get rid of Thor or Wolverine, a respec option is in the works and it should be easier and cheaper to use that to tweak their powers, rather than having to level them again to 85 from scratch, as for your characters Punisher and Classic Spiderman are both excellent 3* characters to develop (be aware that classic spiderman is on the hit list for changes though).
  • I've been playing this game for since October, but after the recent changes I'm at a loss as to exactly how I wish to proceed when it comes to developing my characters.

I have 759 ISO-8 to spare and the most relevant characters in my roster are as follows:

Thor LV85/85, 5/5/3
    Wolverine (X-Men) LV85/85, 5/3/5

Black Widow (Grey Suit) LV79/128, 4/3/5
    Punisher LV77/89, 4/3/2
    Classic Storm LV67/77, 5/5/2
    Hulk LV66/79, 5/1/2
    Black Widow (Original) LV63/85, 5/5/3
    Classic Spidey LV44/77, 2/4/2
    Daken LV51/69, 5/5

I'm honestly at a loss for how to proceed with developing my characters. I'm considering selling either my Thor or my Wolverine and starting them over in time, but I'm not completely sure I want to do that. I also don't really know which characters to invest ISO in to become my new core team in the event I dump Thor/Wolvie.

Since you guys tend to offer good advice in these forums, I'd like to gather some opinions before I make my decision. My current thoughts are to replace Wolvie with either Punisher or Daken and bring Classic Spidey into my lineup, with Original Widow as a third.

Problem is the 2/3 of my choices won't be eligible for the Avengers. I might have to consider just taking one of the lower rank rewards in that case, but I Heroic Token and some ISO won't be a terrible reward.

Well, I am parcial to the GSW, though. And yours is the right build (5/3/5). Use those purples to get more greens, and the greens to clear the field and hit for 2000+ on everybody.
  • I ended up making a decision an hour or two before seeing that people replied to this.

I did end up selling Thor and Wolverine. Though I do know that there will be a respec option available some point in the future, getting all that ISO to start leveling up 3* characters was too much to pass up. Plus, the Hero Points won't go to waste either.

I used that ISO to advance Spidey and the Punisher as high as I possibly could at the level they are at right now. Then, I pump some more ISO into Original Widow to make the three of them my new team for the moment. I still have my eye on that Grey Suit, and she'll probably take the next priority once her Sniper Rifle gets maxed out and/or Original Widow gets maxed out.

I got into the top 45 in the Punisher tourney, entering only 3 hours before it closed and taking the last hour and a half off to eat and get my day started. Though Punisher was buffed, I feel that that bodes well for my new team.
  • I ended up making a decision an hour or two before seeing that people replied to this.

I did end up selling Thor and Wolverine. Though I do know that there will be a respec option available some point in the future, getting all that ISO to start leveling up 3* characters was too much to pass up. Plus, the Hero Points won't go to waste either.

I used that ISO to advance Spidey and the Punisher as high as I possibly could at the level they are at right now. Then, I pump some more ISO into Original Widow to make the three of them my new team for the moment. I still have my eye on that Grey Suit, and she'll probably take the next priority once her Sniper Rifle gets maxed out and/or Original Widow gets maxed out.

I got into the top 45 in the Punisher tourney, entering only 3 hours before it closed and taking the last hour and a half off to eat and get my day started. Though Punisher was buffed, I feel that that bodes well for my new team.

So you rocking spidey, punisher and obw? That doesn´t sound half bad. Which levels? How are they working together?
  • So far it's working well.

Punisher is LV 89 with 4/3/2
    Original Widow is LV 79 with 5/5/3
    Classic Spidey is LV 77 with 2/4/2

It's pretty interesting b/c with the exception of Blue, where Original Widow and Spidey overlap, all of the colors are used by only one hero. Punisher uses Black and Green to generate Attack and Stirke tiles while Widow focus on sapping the enemies AP and Spidey keeps the enemies from using their powers. (I save up Blue AP until the enemy generates enough AP to use their powers, and that's when I start to Stun lock.)

Widow does a great job of keeping Spidey fueled. And I can usually pull off a Web Bandages just before the match ends to get my characters back to nearly or completely full health. There's a surprising amount of synergy between the three characters, and two of them have healing capabilities, keeping health kit use low.

I played the Punisher tourney for 3 hours without using a single health pack with this setup, despite Punisher and Spidey not being very high level.
  • Also, surprisingly, I rarely ever see Punisher aiming his rocket at my own Strike tiles or Web tiles when using Judgement. It happens, but not nearly as often as you'd think given that it's completely random.

More often than not he ends up shooting at the edges of the board, where he doesn't even hit a whole 3X3 square.