Leveling help

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hey everyone,
I'm having trouble figuring out who to level next, and I hope someone can help me out. Here is my team:

Spiderman (Classic) Lv. 89 3/3/3 (maxed for now)
Ares (Dark Avengers) Lv. 85 4/4/5 (maxed)
Iron Man (Model 40) Lv. 54 5/2/3
The Punisher (Dark Reign) Lv. 43 1/1/3
Wolverine (X-Force) Lv. 34 0/1/1
Black Widow (Original) Lv. 30 4/5/2
Storm (Classic) Lv. 27 5/3/5
Black Widow (Grey Suit) Lv. 27 2/1/2
The Hulk (Indestructible) Lv. 25 5/1/1
Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) Lv. 24 3/0/0
Wolverine (Patch) Lv. 21 2/1/2
Doctor Doom (Classic) Lv. 17 2/0/0
Loki (Dark Reign) Lv. 15 2/1
Magneto (Classic) Lv. 15 0/0/1
Captain America (Modern) Lv. 13 3/5/4
Moonstone (Dark Avengers) Lv. 11 4/4/5
Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) Lv. 6 2/4/1

I've spent a total of $1.99 on this game, so I'm happy with where I have gotten.

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since you're at a stage where you have a decent 2* roster, you should be looking to invest iso into 3* covers, so lets go through all your 3* covers and see if there are any good targets:

IM40 - You have enough covers to make him viable, but he's more of a utility character used for recharge. I have a level 80 one, and haven't used him outside of buffed events, so I wouldn't recommend him.

Hulk - You need a good amount for black covers for him to be good, since his main purpose is to act as a defensive deterrent that is extremely annoying to fight, which is only possible with 3+ black covers (ideally 5).

GSBW - Useless unless you have 5 green covers.

3* villains - not enough covers, although I'd consider maxing them so that you get attacked slightly less during the LRs.

Punisher - He is buffed right now, so leveling him might help with the current event. He's also a solid character that will probably replace 2* wolvie once the nerf bat hits.

OBW - Worth mentioning since she's a top tier 2*, but you need 4 black in order for her to be viable.

Ares - Also worth mentioning since he'll be a top tier 2* that probably replaces Thor. I don't like this pick just because he's a 2* character and probably wont be in buffed events for a while since he already had a couple of events.

So out of all of these, I would level punisher to help with the pvp event so that you can potentially win some patch covers. If you don't like the character, I would just stock up on iso until you get a character you like.
  • Ares is your most progressed character in terms of covers, so that would be a good choice.

Cap and obw are great for PVE. These would be my personal choices.

Punisher would be my choice of 3-star even if you don't have many covers yet. Makes more sense than building a 2nd Wolvie. Nerf and respec are both on their way
  • Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards OBW, but her current build is 4/5/2 and I'm not sure where to go with her. Alot of people in her character discussion board say 5/5/3 is the best build, some like you NorthernPolarity say that you need 4 black at least. Right now I'm hoarding ISO until I figure it out.

That being said, with the Thor nerf I may need another beast, and Ares fits the bill...
  • Edited my roster to show my recent changes. I sold my lv. 55 Wolvie to get some serious ISO and leveled my punisher up to 43 to try and get some patch covers. I'm also thinking about leveling Ares, OBW, and maybe C. Storm. I do want some better 3 stars, but I just don't have the covers right now. I may sell Thor as well and max out Ares. Sound crazy?
  • I think for Original Widow, 5 Blue is what most of us agree on. The particulars of the Purple and Black skill are up to the player using her, but 5 Blue is recommended.
  • I think for Original Widow, 5 Blue is what most of us agree on. The particulars of the Purple and Black skill are up to the player using her, but 5 Blue is recommended.

Well honestly, I think I prefer purple, and I'll probably go 5/5/3 with her. But I have to wait on covers of course. At least I'm at 5 blue already.
  • Edited my team--sold my maxed Thor and lv. 55 **Wolvie. Couldn't pass up the huge ISO and HP amounts, and I was ready for a change in the game anyway, was getting a bit bored of Thor/Wolvie teams. Lv. 85 Ares is a beast, and I've been having pretty good success with Ares/Punisher/Spidey so far. Right now I'm now working on leveling my Patch Wolvie whenever I get more covers/ISO first, then OBW second. And of course I'll be leveling Punisher and Spidey when I get some more covers. Going to be seriously grinding in the new tourney to get a top 15 finish and get the Spidey covers I need.
  • joshvox wrote:
    Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards OBW, but her current build is 4/5/2 and I'm not sure where to go with her. Alot of people in her character discussion board say 5/5/3 is the best build, some like you NorthernPolarity say that you need 4 black at least. Right now I'm hoarding ISO until I figure it out.

That being said, with the Thor nerf I may need another beast, and Ares fits the bill...

No, no, no. 3/5/5. 5 black. always.