Who makes way?

Options
OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in Roster and Level Help
OK due to being equal parts stupid and impatient I've ended up with more 4* characters than I'm ready for and need to free up roster space for a couple of 3* characters I am ready for. On the chopping block are:

IMHB redtile.png
Fury purpletile.png
Thing redtile.png

Can anyone who has completed these guys tell me how common those covers come up? Whichever is the most common is getting the boot.

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not someone who has completed any of those guys.... but my gut instinct would be to dump Nick, because (as of right now) he seems to have sort of been passed over in this game.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow, really need to see your roster to give advice here. under no circumstances would I ever sell hb or thing and extremely rare circumstances would I say its ok to sell fury. if you have more than one 1*, that goes. if you have more than the core ~8 or so 2*s, those might be trimmed. if you have bullseye, beast, vision, colossus, im40, rags, punisher - I'd keep any 4* over any of those, and others too. can you post a roster?

edit: i'll give advice based on my experience. just note I have not yet covered a 4*, but I play against them often in pvp.
  • OneLastGambit
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    wow, really need to see your roster to give advice here. under no circumstances would I ever sell hb or thing and extremely rare circumstances would I say its ok to sell fury. if you have more than one 1*, that goes. if you have more than the core ~8 or so 2*s, those might be trimmed. if you have bullseye, beast, vision, colossus, im40, rags, punisher - I'd keep any 4* over any of those, and others too. can you post a roster?

edit: i'll give advice based on my experience. just note I have not yet covered a 4*, but I play against them often in pvp.

My roster is:
    CStorm, Mohawk, MNMags, CMags, OBW, DPXF (2 covers), Hulk, Star-Lord (2 covers), 4Hor (2 Covers), Ares, 2Daken, Johnny Storm, 2Hor, 2* Wolvie, LCap, Kingpin (2covers), IMHB (1 cover), Fury (1 cover), Thing (1 cover), Doom, She-Hulk, Switch, Sentry (actually he could be a candidate), Deadpool, Iron Fist, Squirrel Girl, Punisher, Blade, Cage, Juggs, MHawkeye.

Of the ones listed these 3* characters have 3 covers or less and were in the process of being built.
    Punisher, Mohawk, CMags, Squirrel Girl, Cage, Blade, Sentry, Deadpool, Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch.

Mhawkeye is ONLY rostered because the game is insisting I roster him (he accounts for around 60% of my token pulls up until I rostered him and then zero)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    candidates for making room for others - I'd order this way:

hawkeye
    sentry
    squirrel girl
    punisher

most of the other characters you list are either 4*s or characters that have a function that is more than just for essentials or featureds. I would not keep any of these over a 4*s. I know token pull runs on certain characters can be frustrating, but will randomize. hawkeye can be fun when boosted and with the right teams but I wouldn't keep him unless I knew an ultron was coming up.
  • OneLastGambit
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    candidates for making room for others - I'd order this way:

hawkeye
    sentry
    squirrel girl
    punisher

most of the other characters you list are either 4*s or characters that have a function that is more than just for essentials or featureds. I would not keep any of these over a 4*s. I know token pull runs on certain characters can be frustrating, but will randomize. hawkeye can be fun when boosted and with the right teams but I wouldn't keep him unless I knew an ultron was coming up.

Thanks for the advice, any idea when prodigal sun comes back around?

Hawkeye is definitely being ditched (even if he does start to account for all my token pulls again) and I will ditch Sentry once prodigal sun has been around again.
  • Hawkeye is definitely being ditched (even if he does start to account for all my token pulls again) and I will ditch Sentry once prodigal sun has been around again.

Sentry is not always essential for Prodigal Son, but you do always get a free Sentry red on a node about half way through.

If anything you want to reverse your logic here, sack him now and bring him back in when you get the freebie red next time Prodigal Son rolls around.

Even more so, if your Sentry is mostly or only red covers these will be fairly quick to build back when you consider the likelihood of getting a freebie red in the future.

Similar logic applies if you have/had a green cover only Hulk.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If your Punisher has red covers, you might want to hold on to him, if only for the these big boss events like Ultron or Galactus coming up. Retribution could be a lifesaver to get through the 20,000+ health that those bosses have. (Handy for the Huk PVE's too.)