***** Wolverine (Old Man Logan) *****

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    RIP RED.
    And this is why I don't think they should post teasers of powers, especially ones they're still finalizing.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Oh man, that black is insane, 18k+ up to almost another 20k damage if there are tiles on the board. Your surfer's dead dude.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I was thinking and I have the idea of a decent combo...

OML, Jean Grey...

Seems a bit weird at first, but when you look at them they complete the rainbow. Also they complement eachothers' styles in a way.
    The best way to deal with Logan is either to nuke him before he gets his yellow off, or to keep him just above 50% if he does go off and then shunt him from there.
    Jean Grey answers this in two ways: First, her blue ability slows down aggro by burning off their momentum and taking a bit of power with it. She also (with her green) creates a lot of tiles for OML2's black ability to chew up. Add also her purple's ability to remove the opponent's special tiles and her ability to chunk out team damage (while OML is decidedly single-target) is helpful for pushing through and past other 5* teams.

Yeah. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Yay... a fourth Wolverine.
  • I was thinking and I have the idea of a decent combo...

OML, Jean Grey...
    have you read the interview on marvel.com?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I was thinking and I have the idea of a decent combo...

OML, Jean Grey...
    have you read the interview on marvel.com?

I did not icon_e_sad.gif Is my idea stale?
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    RIP RED.
    And this is why I don't think they should post teasers of powers, especially ones they're still finalizing.

Bah, Ice X even admitted when this post 1st went up that ability was likely to change. This is certainly more balanced, while still being just as brutal. As someone who's slowly trying to make the transition from 3* to 4*, it's a pipe dream for me to choose a build at this point.

For all my luck, I'll be getting close to 10 covers around the time of his 3rd ability redesign. icon_lol.gif
  • Just as brutal? 780 on strikes is good yes. But you know, it's not 8.8k damage.
  • I haven't seen it explicitly stated but, if you have 12 yellow, does OML lay down strike tiles then change when you cast black or change then consume friendly tiles? And if it is the second option, I would assume black would cost 9 to cast as soon as you reach 12 yellow correct?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the way it's written he uses the base form and then his abilities change.

Also, it's "just" 780 on strikes...for a guy with a cheap AOE attack. So you can triple that for each use of the active yellow.
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Not at ALL happy to have a fourth Wolverine in the mix. I've never been all that gaga over him in the first place. Also, one of the two first 5 star characters should have been a woman. I would MUCH preferred Phoenix. This guy looks old and weak. The 4* wolverine looks far more intimidating, in my opinion.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    His black and red are great but I got his yellow ...
    Anyway as a passive, his yellow true healing ability is quite good.
    I love this character! But I just don't feel normal when Wolverine's green does so little damage...
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Can the other wolverines be used in conjunction with oml since they are different people
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    spectator wrote:
    Can the other wolverines be used in conjunction with oml since they are different people
    You can't use Thor and Thor together, so I am assuming you cannot use Wolverine and Wolverine together.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    You can't use Thor and Thor together, so I am assuming you cannot use Wolverine and Wolverine together.
    The reason to not use two thors is because both Odinson and Jane use the same Mjolnir on 616 universe, that is the base universe used on most places.

Now about OML and other Wolverines, you can't because they are the same person. Even if from different universes they are all James/Logan.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    RIP RED.
    They shouldn't release teasers because a random poster on the Internet might get upset?

Wow.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    RIP RED.
    They shouldn't release teasers because a random poster on the Internet might get upset?

Wow.
    Actually, they shouldn't give the full numbers before running tests to see how balanced the character is. And while balancing was needed they changed drastically the function of the power, not just some strength balancing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    RIP RED.

Wow.
    Actually, they shouldn't give the full numbers before running tests to see how balanced the character is. And while balancing was needed they changed drastically the function of the power, not just some strength balancing.
    The reacion on the forums may actually be part of the test...
  • Quebbster wrote:
    The reacion on the forums may actually be part of the test...
    Our whole reality could be part of the beyonders test...

Edit: I dont know why I thought his yellow healing said he was healed by each ally (1500x2 with entire team alive), it says it's per team member, what brings up to 4500 healing per turn as he also counts towards it. Even alone he can heal 1500 per turn.

But even before I knew 5 yellow was the one I would max (depending on strategy could be 3 or 5 black). The 9k AoE damage for 8 ap against a full team is just way too good.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    With the obvious "Beggars can't be choosers" caveat, I can't fathom going more than 3 in yellow.

His black at 5 is non-negotiable. When converted, almost 12k damage forfeited from 5 -> 3

The heal difference is 1059 per turn, which is fairly negligible on a 42k health pool, especially when 3700 per turn at 3Y negates most things already. In addition, his converted red trigger is based on his health pool, so healing slower actually benefits him in the long run.

I could maybe see 5/4/4, the damage differential just moves to his yellow and he heals a little faster, but triggering the extra bomb at 60% instead of 50% seems too valuable to really consider it seriously.

Edit: Yeah, so now I see the yellow 2nd is an AoE attack. That changes the equation a bit.

Point on 5 black still stands, but 5/4/4 or 5/5/3 is probably a more efficient killing machine then.