Deathlok; cuz why not!

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
This guy's been around a LONG time, and deserves some run in the game. Given that he's on AoS, and because he could be a roided-up Punisher, I welcome him into the fold.

deathlok-1-design-var-108239-640x320.jpg

This is from Deathlok #1; a variant from the end of last year. Look it up. It's phenomenal.

Honorable mention to http://covers.cbrd.info/cd39e88e3b9591b62612a3e288943d5e_xl.jpg

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Deathlok (Modern) 14500 HPs.

(PASSIVE). If Deathlok kills an enemy combatant, he loses one of each AP, since he is standing down.

blackflag.png Threat Assessment 5 AP. / Attack Protocol 8AP.
4500186-3438536134-37367.png
Deathlok scans the battlefield for threats. This is black-hole "light". It counts down 2 turns. that destroys a random enemy special per turn. If this timer tile is destroyed, Deathlok's attack API runs. The ability toggles to Attack Protocol. I'm not sure whether he should be able to threat assess or not. He deals 1500 damage and destroys a 3x3 square, generating 2 strike tiles of strength 150.

This is a mooch of Surfer's black hole and Scarlet Witch's timer ability. It costs AP to do, but destroys an enemy special per turn. If that is destroyed, Deathlok deals substantial damage.

At max level, Deathlok's timer tile lasts 3 turns and destroys 2 specials per turn, and can target enemy timer tiles. His Attack Protocol can target non-special tiles, and deals a max of 4500 and generates 3 strike tiles of strength 270. This is a "fixed" version of Punisher's greenflag.png .

redflag.png The Big Gun. 10 AP.
fc2c1c632d8b21595755369d52c3da20.jpg?itok=OWwD5MqF
Deathlok spares no ammunition, emptying the magazine (yes kids, it's a magazine) of his Gatling gun. Select a blue tile. Destroy it and deal 2400 damage plus 150 for every tile destroyed.

Rank 2 allows you to select green.
Rank 3 allows you to select purple.
Rank 4 increases flat damage to 4100 and 175 per tile.
Rank 5 increases flat damage to 5500 and 200 per tile.

yellowflag.png Covering Fire. 7 AP.
latest?cb=20140610140000&path-prefix=protagonist
Deathlok lays down supressing fire, forcing the enemy to back down. Create two defense tiles of strength 140 and deal 700 damage to the enemy team.

At max level, generate 3 defense tiles of strength 250, and deal 1500 to the enemy team.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow nice art choices, and with his run last season in Agents of Acronym, i really thought he would be in the game by now!!

blackflag.png little surfer, little ant-man, little xfw yellow all rolled into 1, nifty.

redflag.png when you select a tile to destroy,. how many tiles shatter, any specific pattterns, or just randoms of that color?

yellowflag.png Since the damage is low, let's counter it with this: yellowflag.png PassiveCovering Fire ... When a team-mate uses an ability, Deathlok creates a diversion. When a team-mate fires an ability, does X damage to opposing team, and creates x (lower) shield tile.

Since he will be a 4*, that yellow passive puts him as the Anti-Carnage.
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    Hey! Covering Fire sounds similar to my Sharon Carter's ability movesets!

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33245

See?
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Wow nice art choices, and with his run last season in Agents of Acronym, i really thought he would be in the game by now!!

redflag.png when you select a tile to destroy,. how many tiles shatter, any specific pattterns, or just randoms of that color?

It's a color-remover. Remove all of the color. Deal damage for it.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

blackflag.png little surfer, little ant-man, little xfw yellow all rolled into 1, nifty.

Alternate thought. And I like this MUCH better.

Consider it a Predator shoulder cannon. You place the 2 turn timer tile. At max level, it stays up for 4 turns. Cost would be 8AP.
    Whenever an enemy ability tile is played, Deathlok passively places a 2-turn timer tile. He destroys it, dealing 200-500 dmg per plus tile destruction.

Maybe it's a combo ability, in that he can destroy it to deal respectable flat damage ala Iceman's Snowman.