Hood & Loki Level Question

Options
Tatercat
Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
edited September 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
A general question for people who use these characters a lot. I've got both of these characters fully covered with what seems to be the optimal color arrangement by forum consensus - Hood 5/5/3 and Loki 5/3/5. They are currently in the 100-110 level range. Should I level them any higher? For most of their powers, their usefulness is dependent on number of covers, not level strength (with the exception of Twin Pistols). It seems for both of them it would be better to let them "hide" behind greater level characters so they don't get exposed. Sure the extra health would help against AOE attacks, but their AP stealing abilities should theoretically prevent that in most cases.

So for those who use them a lot, is there a benefit to maxing them to 166, or is just best to leave them where they are?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    A general question for people who use these characters a lot. I've got both of these characters fully covered with what seems to be the optimal color arrangement by forum consensus - Hood 5/5/3 and Loki 5/3/5. They are currently in the 100-110 level range. Should I level them any higher? For most of their powers, their usefulness is dependent on number of covers, not level strength (with the exception of Twin Pistols). It seems for both of them it would be better to let them "hide" behind greater level characters so they don't get exposed. Sure the extra health would help against AOE attacks, but their AP stealing abilities should theoretically prevent that in most cases.

So for those who use them a lot, is there a benefit to maxing them to 166, or is just best to leave them where they are?

I noticed Hood starting to tank for my 166's just after i took him to 141.. if the team is pure 166's and using all 3 of hoods colors, i would leave him at 140 or so.. Loki at 140 tanks green over a 166 LThor.. so not sure on him.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you planning to use them in pvp? If so, please keep them underleveled so I can kill them faster, thx.
  • Tatercat
    Options
    Are you planning to use them in pvp? If so, please keep them underleveled so I can kill them faster, thx.

I only occasionally do PVP, but that's good to know. thanks.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:

I noticed Hood starting to tank for my 166's just after i took him to 141.. if the team is pure 166's and using all 3 of hoods colors, i would leave him at 140 or so.. Loki at 140 tanks green over a 166 LThor.. so not sure on him.

How does a lvl140 Loki tank green over a lvl 166 Thor when both characters have their green in the last slot? Loki would only tank for Thor if they are at the same level and Loki is selected for the middle position. I think you meant lvl 140 Hood tanks yellow over a 166 Thor icon_e_confused.gif

OP, you are right, you want to keep them underleveled so they don't keep jumping in front, but as another player said, he can kill your Hood and Loki faster. I plan to make two Hoods and Loki, 1 maxed leveled and 1 not maxed leveled. Hopefully that plan works out icon_lol.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Thor at 166 does 61 on green.

Loki at 153 does 57 on green.

Either Malcrof misspoke or saw a boosted Loki tank for unboosted Thor?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Thor at 166 does 61 on green.

Loki at 153 does 57 on green.

Either Malcrof misspoke or saw a boosted Loki tank for unboosted Thor?

You know what.. i just realized Loki is boosted for TaT.. i use him on multiple muscle nodes boosted or not..

so yes, most likely i will have to revisit my statement later this week lol. Nice catch, and thanks for the correction!!
  • Tatercat
    Options
    Thanks for tips everyone. I'll level them up a bit to shore up their health, but keep those levels in mind.