Frequently Asked Gameplay Questions

Comments

• Hi. Newbie here and I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple game question. I'very been playing for about a week and I like the game but I am having one problem. I can't win any of the fights against Juggernaut. It doesn't matter who I have on my team because Juggernaut gets multiple moves and does his special attacks before I can charge any of my heros enough to fight back. Any tips on how to beat him would be useful. I have used every hero combo I have plus help from allies, but since he takes everyone out before I can utilize special attacks.
  • Thanks OJSP.

My highest character is currently Storm at lvl 15. I'very taken out Juggernaut by himself, but with backup he's impossible to take down. He's either power attacking or he and his allies get multiple extra attacks, taking out my characters before I can even charge them.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks OJSP.

My highest character is currently Storm at lvl 15. I'very taken out Juggernaut by himself, but with backup he's impossible to take down. He's either power attacking or he and his allies get multiple extra attacks, taking out my characters before I can even charge them.

That may be your problem. Storm is a bit on the squishy side (by that I mean she has low health). In a one on one match of the same level, Juggs will destroy Storm (usually from just a Single Headbutt.)

I'd concentrate on leveling up Iron Man 35 as a Meat Shield to protect Storm, and consider bringing along Black Widow to Stun & Steal. Played well, IM35 of equal level should beat Juggs, but as mentioned above, you still have to play proactive and keep him away from Red & Green. And modify your priorities based on his AP store, if he's only 1 match away from getting off his Green, let him get a Red match that doesn't let him fire that ability.

Lastly, when you know the computer has your back against the wall and the next attack is going to hurt, be mindful of who you let take the hit. If someone can survive it, great, put them out front. If no one can survive it, throw out the one with the least amount of health; they were only a few matches away from death anyway.

And I know this doesn't help on the Weekends, but try to get some time in during the Lightning Rounds Tuesday through Thursday morning. If you load up the events before they start, you can usually load up the Seed teams which are easier matches that you can earn Iso and covers off of. Played well, the loaner can usually carry your team.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    hi, can anyone link me some information regarding

- OBW:
    team: ** storm, ** hawkeye, ** mags
    i have OBW fully covered but still at lvl42 because i cant see why she is better than 2** storm.
    espionage seems like a really useful skill, but only if she tanks the colours herself.
    am i supposed to play her with cage or in general with someone with protect tile generation?
    she has like no HP, so exposing her seems counterproductive to me.
    what am i missing?

- shield hopping:
    in pvp you play until you have no more health packs left, get hit by as much points as you win or if you cant find any high targets. you shield, wait, and attack your next targets, hopefully for more points, and shield again. at least thats the theory.
    i have some ** at 94 and slowly but surely my 3*s are getting more and more covers.
    i hit the reward token at 650 consistently, but the cover reward at 800 points seems impossible.
    im playing the KK pvp, i play a match for 35points and getting hit for 20-40. so i tried shielding for the first time, trying again later. 3 hours later i start my next match, and again, getting hit by the same amount i just won. its like im playing matches for single digit points, and just not worth the 75HP for a shield.

how do you know when to unshield? experience? specific time before an event ends?
    i hoped to get to 800 for the green kk cover, i still have about 7hours, but im not sure if its just a waste of HP when i clumsily unshield and lose points faster than i can win them. just cant get much higher than ~700 points.
    wrong tactics?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    ammenell wrote:
    hi, can anyone link me some information regarding

- OBW:
    team: ** storm, ** hawkeye, ** mags
    i have OBW fully covered but still at lvl42 because i cant see why she is better than 2** storm.
    espionage seems like a really useful skill, but only if she tanks the colours herself.
    am i supposed to play her with cage or in general with someone with protect tile generation?
    she has like no HP, so exposing her seems counterproductive to me.
    what am i missing?

- shield hopping:
    in pvp you play until you have no more health packs left, get hit by as much points as you win or if you cant find any high targets. you shield, wait, and attack your next targets, hopefully for more points, and shield again. at least thats the theory.
    i have some ** at 94 and slowly but surely my 3*s are getting more and more covers.
    i hit the reward token at 650 consistently, but the cover reward at 800 points seems impossible.

OBW is good because she can heal and steal AP, plus she does lots of damage with strike tiles on the board if you are 3/5/5. If you are taking all of your opponent's AP, they can't use powers on you.

For PVP, if you don't have any fully covered 3 stars, then your roster probably isn't good enough to reach 800 yet. The more points you score, the bigger target you are for others and 2 stars die quickly. Try joining closer to the end of an event, so people have less time to attack you and keep working on your roster.
  • ammenell
    thx, that was good advice and obw is awesome icon_e_biggrin.gif

here is another one: lightning rounds.
    my 3*s are not useful yet, im playing with a mostly 94-roster.

im starting from minute one, beating seed teams and having a good time. checking ranks, i easily play into top 10 (highest was around 430 points), and from there i lose about the same points i get from winning.
    no big deal, 15minutes to go, right? and top 10 is still good.

played one match, win 30points, lose 80. ****?
    nevermind, 10minutes left, just play.
    play another match. win 30points, lose.... 180??

how is this supposed to work?
    do i have to drop a shield for 75hp to shield me for the last 20mins so i can get a lightning token which nets me a potential 2* or 250iso?
    no way this works without shields, cant compensate 6 times the points im winning...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    ammenell wrote:
    here is another one: lightning rounds.
    my 3*s are not useful yet, im playing with a mostly 94-roster.

im starting from minute one, beating seed teams and having a good time. checking ranks, i easily play into top 10 (highest was around 430 points), and from there i lose about the same points i get from winning.
    no big deal, 15minutes to go, right? and top 10 is still good.

played one match, win 30points, lose 80. ****?
    nevermind, 10minutes left, just play.
    play another match. win 30points, lose.... 180??

how is this supposed to work?
    do i have to drop a shield for 75hp to shield me for the last 20mins so i can get a lightning token which nets me a potential 2* or 250iso?
    no way this works without shields, cant compensate 6 times the points im winning...
    the only trick I've found for LRs to place is enter in the first minute but do not play it. if you complete one node, you'll show up on the leaderboard and for those who don't get seeds who start shortly after event start, you'll be put in nodes shortly after you complete the node. start playing the seeds when the event has about 30-35 minutes left. there is a lag between when the servers update scores so you'll have some time to run through the seeds. that should leave you about 10 minutes to get 2 matches in to get to the upper 200s which is usually good enough for t100. you have to make sure your phone doesn't go to sleep and you have to hope the game doesn't reset and reload or you'll lose the seeds, so its a little risky. you have to decide if risking losing the guaranteed iso is worth a possible token. sometimes you get nothing. sometimes you get both the iso and a token. once you get 3*s you can start a hair earlier and play a few real (non-seed) nodes into the 300s and get t50. that's my experience.

edit: re: splatenfoot below. agreed - no hp unless you're flush with hp and find yourself t10 late. that is the only time I shielded in an LR and it was only once. I have earned many tokens over the last 2-3 months from LRs and even pulled an xf black from one. they are worth something, but takes a lot of maneuvering to place well.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Or you could just not worry much over lightning rounds. They are just a place to gain some iso and maybe a few covers. You should not be using shields at this point. Only spend HP on roster slots. The simulator has better progression rewards.
  • ammenell
    how do the points for the season decrease?

im sure it has something to do with how your points in any pvp decrease, but im not sure.
    i observed it last season - if i lose points in the simulator (or any pvp), the points would decrease and to some extend, the total points in the season would decrease, too. but to a lesser extent and sometimes not at all.
  • ammenell wrote:
    how do the points for the season decrease?

im sure it has something to do with how your points in any pvp decrease, but im not sure.
    i observed it last season - if i lose points in the simulator (or any pvp), the points would decrease and to some extend, the total points in the season would decrease, too. but to a lesser extent and sometimes not at all.

Your season score is the total of your PVP + simulator scores. For the current season, there are total 7 pvps and simulator. So if you hit 700 per pvp and 1500 in simulator, you'll get 6400 in total.

Your pvp scores are freezed once the event ends, however your simulator score will fluctuate throughout the season depending on your wins/losses until the very end.
  • ammenell
    so, got my first legendary token today in the venom pve

it wont be a gamebreaker for me, as im slowly progressing into 3* land and regardless which 4* i get, it will either be a completely new one or at best my 6th ant man cover.

some of you guys are waiting to open that token - why?
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    ammenell wrote:
    so, got my first legendary token today in the venom pve

it wont be a gamebreaker for me, as im slowly progressing into 3* land and regardless which 4* i get, it will either be a completely new one or at best my 6th ant man cover.

some of you guys are waiting to open that token - why?
    Currently there is a 5% probability to get 5* Silver Surfer with a token.
    Soon a second 5* will be released and it has been announced that the odds to obtain a 5* in a token will increase to 10%, 5% for each 5*.

After that, the odds of obtaining a 5* will remain at 10% whatever the total number of 5*
    It's the reason why many peole wait: they are waiting the odds for 5* to increase to 10%
  • ammenell
    thanks.

about waiting/hoarding tokens:
    i read some here are hoarding taco tokens.

please correct me if im wrong - the deadpool vault has 300items, so your aim is to bypass the odds with enough tokens, so you can get the WHOLE content. you get a LOT of useless stuff, like a truckload of 2* you dont need or already have maxed, but at the same time you ensure you also get all the 3*, the 4* and the legendary token.

if i have this right.... that means you wait until you got 300 tokens (sweet or ...that other type icon_e_smile.gif) which means 150days (300, because you need 300 of the same type) before opening?
  • TxMoose
    ammenell wrote:
    thanks.

about waiting/hoarding tokens:
    i read some here are hoarding taco tokens.

please correct me if im wrong - the deadpool vault has 300items, so your aim is to bypass the odds with enough tokens, so you can get the WHOLE content. you get a LOT of useless stuff, like a truckload of 2* you dont need or already have maxed, but at the same time you ensure you also get all the 3*, the 4* and the legendary token.

if i have this right.... that means you wait until you got 300 tokens (sweet or ...that other type icon_e_smile.gif) which means 150days (300, because you need 300 of the same type) before opening?
    well, there are 2 rotating types of tacos as well, so every 10 days you can get 10 tacos of each type, which means 300 tacos will take 300 days. you could theoretically save 300 and then clear a vault. my plan is saving up to about 70 or so and then when I have a good vault, start pulling. if I pull something good (at this point I'm just targeting the 4*s) early, i'll stop and wait for another good vault. if not, I pull until I get a 4*. the only time I've actually done that it took me 63 pulls, and then I stopped. I'm up to 70 in my savories but my sweets are what I pulled a while back and they're at about 15 or so (lost the ability to see them - game sometimes bugs like that). with HB being in the vault next round, I wish I had more sweets but i'll just have to wait.
  • ammenell
    i see the difference now

its a good way when transitioning from 3* to 4*.
    you dont really need the 3*s in your vault and only go after the 4*s

i was always wondering how you could just wait that long, when you COULD get decent 3*s, which is my situation right now

it makes sense when you only need 4*s
    lol, i dont even wait with standard tokens

thx!
  • TxMoose
    at the beginning of the vault system I was still filling out my covers for my 3*s. I would use the ddq forecast and pick out a group of top characters that I needed their covers and I would save up and target groups, but I would only save up until that group and as long as I had 30+, I'd go ahead and pull - I wouldn't save up near as many at a time then though.
  • ammenell
    playing the iso-8 pve, just finished my first clear of the first sub...

im missing one essential, the node is worth 340 points
    there is one repeatable node in the main map, its about 200 worth.
    all in all, i have 2500 points.

how can the player in the first place have way over 8000 points?

last of the top ten has just shy of 5000. perhaps thats possible if the nodes are grinded straight from start to 1 points each? but my slice started 3hours ago, would this theoretically be possible?
  • TxMoose
    ammenell wrote:
    playing the iso-8 pve, just finished my first clear of the first sub...

im missing one essential, the node is worth 340 points
    there is one repeatable node in the main map, its about 200 worth.
    all in all, i have 2500 points.

how can the player in the first place have way over 8000 points?

last of the top ten has just shy of 5000. perhaps thats possible if the nodes are grinded straight from start to 1 points each? but my slice started 3hours ago, would this theoretically be possible?
    generally speaking, grinding all nodes to 1 will get you about 3X the full point clear. so, yes, that lines up approximately with what you described. my assumption is that all their nodes are single digits now and ~2days out to refresh. they will be passed - always are. the 5000 ones sound like they double cleared - that can be for scheduling purposes. not everyone can play every 8 hrs on the dot.
  • ammenell
    regarding legendary tokens:

im somewhat deep in transitioning to 3* land. my core 2*s are fully covered/leveled and i have a bunch of 3*s borderline playable, softcapped at 102, waiting to get more covers to level them to 120 or something.

i have some legendary tokens im afraid to open because of scaling.
    a lot of pages to read in various topics, but i cant seem to find an official answer:

if i open a legendary and draw one of the two 5*s im afraid pvp/pve becomes unplayable or in the very least, no more fun for me and i would have to sell that cover.
    will this be addressed by the devs or just ignored and i have to wait a decade before my roster is somewhere in the lvl 200 range?
  • TxMoose
    gotta look at upside and downside with anything. unless some of your 4*s are close to finishing a 4*ddq node or close to usable, you have very little upside opening the LTs right now. until you have a good group at 166 (like 6+ top tier guys) and some good support at 140 or so (decent roster depth), getting lucky pulls on SS and OML could really bite you. for example when they added OML i had 14 tokens saved and opened them all. got both SS and OML and several hb covers. my top 3 guys went from 166/166/166 to 255/255/220. essentials and normal/hard nodes have gone up 20-25 levels. essentials now start at ~140 and top nodes in the low 200s and scale up from there. this hasn't killed me in pve, but it sure is a bit harder. i can still beat the nodes, but takes longer and more health packs and using more characters in each clear due to damage taken. I'd hold off until i was solid into 3* play....unless one of your 4*s is close or unless you have 20+ (that could really give you a boost in 4* ddq), but there is that risk.