Army Of One -- New Event

Comments

• I've given up on this tourney because winning two subs in the PVE maxed out Patch for me and I don't need IW yellow either. I'd like to hit the top of progression, but that's currently impossible
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've given up on this tourney because winning two subs in the PVE maxed out Patch for me and I don't need IW yellow either. I'd like to hit the top of progression, but that's currently impossible

I think I have 8 of each patch cover, but I do need the IW so I'll stick it out.
  • What build are you shooting for? I have her at three yellows now and one expiring in my rewards, haven't decided if I want her at four yellow for one less match to get inviso. Not sure what the benefit of five yellow would be.
  • Was planning to do Army of One but turns out it's not needed because I have all my Patch covers from the PvE event (short one green, but should be easy to get and even if not I'm not in a hurry).

At any rate due to the drastic changes it doesn't make sense to try to catch your bracket leader now. He build that lead on the powered characters and boosts, and they're no longer available to you. I'm actually seeing quite a few losses now that there is less bailout for weaker teams.
  • So has anyone noticed a decrease in attacks from the last tournament? It seems they've changed something. Last time, I would unshield and instantly get swarmed, but this time I was able to leisurely climb from 1 to 500, then from 500 to 850 without a single loss, and without using boosts. My bracket's scores are way higher than the last tournament as well.

I got attacked twice, and both results were defensive wins for me, so I'm starting to think they're selectively erasing some percentage of losses.
  • Lady A wrote:
    Spanked TheLadder's tank team. It feels like I've touched a celebrity. ♥

I love this.

LOL icon_lol.gif
  • The Ladder: I just saw your tank team, which makes me thinking that tanking is still possible. How did you put that team up?

Hi NP - can you remember what composition of team it was?

In lieu of that info, here is a little story...

I started out a fight with Maximum Punisher, choosing to flank him with the equally impressive number 6 (Bagman) and number 1 (Yelena). Dream team, there. Dish out a shedload of punishment, leaving one enemy with a slither of energy. Retreat. I mean, the board looked like it was primed for the cascade of death. icon_rolleyes.gif

Maximum Punisher decides it's above him to go back and finish the remaining combatant. He sends in his cousin, Not Maximum Punisher. Bagman and Yelena are up to the task. Wham, Bam, thank you M'aam. Victory for those vicious tankers. icon_twisted.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    The Ladder wrote:
    The Ladder: I just saw your tank team, which makes me thinking that tanking is still possible. How did you put that team up?

Hi NP - can you remember what composition of team it was?

In lieu of that info, here is a little story...

I started out a fight with Maximum Punisher, choosing to flank him with the equally impressive number 6 (Bagman) and number 1 (Yelena). Dream team, there. Dish out a shedload of punishment, leaving one enemy with a slither of energy. Retreat. I mean, the board looked like it was primed for the cascade of death. icon_rolleyes.gif

Maximum Punisher decides it's above him to go back and finish the remaining combatant. He sends in his cousin, Not Maximum Punisher. Bagman and Yelena are up to the task. Wham, Bam, thank you M'aam. Victory for those vicious tankers. icon_twisted.gif

It was a level 15 punisher and the level 1 / 6 as you said.
  • I did pretty much the same, to try something out. Can pretty much confirm that tanking still works that way.
  • It was a level 15 punisher and the level 1 / 6 as you said.

Got it. So it did work, albeit being pretty convoluted. Unsurprisingly, I can confirm that I was hit several times with that team out, unshielded.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't do it to get out of an MMR loop, but also like the fact I can give some peeps some easy points/ISO. Alternative kind of karma like icon_e_smile.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    The Ladder wrote:
    It was a level 15 punisher and the level 1 / 6 as you said.

Got it. So it did work, albeit being pretty convoluted. Unsurprisingly, I can confirm that I was hit several times with that team out, unshielded.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't do it to get out of an MMR loop, but also like the fact I can give some peeps some easy points/ISO. Alternative kind of karma like icon_e_smile.gif

Sadly that doesn't work anymore, since they made it one loss and you're out. Fun while it lasted though.
  • What is one loss and you are out?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Ladder wrote:
    What is one loss and you are out?
    You now auto-yield to lost battles basically
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    The Ladder wrote:

before the patch you had three tries to take out the other team in pvp. No you have to kill it with one try
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Celerity wrote:
    So has anyone noticed a decrease in attacks from the last tournament? It seems they've changed something. Last time, I would unshield and instantly get swarmed, but this time I was able to leisurely climb from 1 to 500, then from 500 to 850 without a single loss, and without using boosts. My bracket's scores are way higher than the last tournament as well.

I got attacked twice, and both results were defensive wins for me, so I'm starting to think they're selectively erasing some percentage of losses.

I think no-boosts made the game almost static. I only got one attack since, which was +12 for me
  • turul wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    You now auto-yield to lost battles basically

Ah ok, thanks. That's not the worst change in the world, it was quite laughable how people could take plenty of points off you, despite needing 2 (or even 3) bites at the cherry.

Putting a tank team in will still be possible in feature star events to a point - just run Bagman/Yelena with a decent buffed character and it should still be possible to beat a team with them. Meaning people only have to beat that buffed character, as the other two are essentially cardboard cutouts stood next to them!
  • The Ladder wrote:

before the patch you had three tries to take out the other team in pvp. No you have to kill it with one try

I'm shielded right now at 998. Really, really hoping someone loses a retaliation to me so I can hit the progression reward without even fighting. icon_cool.gif
  • Shielded at 979 this better get me my last missing cover in an iw yellow
  • Celerity wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

I'm shielded right now at 998. Really, really hoping someone loses a retaliation to me so I can hit the progression reward without even fighting. icon_cool.gif

good luck to you. I have earned nearly 20 points in last 8 hrs from 3 or 4 yields so far, so you got a chance.
  • arrhh... overslept... miss my chance to earn green cover for patch icon_cry.gif
    Next time gonna remind myself to set an alarm lol