Avengers Elite Training

Comments

• Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Phantron wrote:
    You don't exactly earn HP at a very fast rate so if a lot of HP is being drained at once it'd likely lead to some sales later.

If there aren't a ton of people entering then it's better for the people who enter since the placement awards are not dependent on how many people enter. If only 100 people enter this tournament, everyone is guaranteed to make their entry fee back and then some. So, there's really no need to worry about not enough people joining from the player's point of view, because if that's actually true, it makes it very advantageous for you to enter.

How many people have entered so far?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    To those that feel I'm beginning to adopt a whiny tone regarding my current state, I do apologize. I feel like I have a reputation here for taking things with an even keel, so I hope that factors in.

I'm now beginning to see seed teams in my matchmaking. Just skipped ChopStuck. By the time this is done I will have sunk half my HP bankroll into this event, and I don't know if I'm inclined to keep playing if the resources I've spent months building up and the intense effort I've put into this tourney are flushed down the toilet by this. What was initially a daunting and exciting challenge has turned into helpless ennui.

Again, my apologies, but needed to get that off my chest.

Unfortunately for you I feel like this was the goal.
    Him and all the other people throwing HP away on shields
  • Spoit wrote:
    To those that feel I'm beginning to adopt a whiny tone regarding my current state, I do apologize. I feel like I have a reputation here for taking things with an even keel, so I hope that factors in.

I'm now beginning to see seed teams in my matchmaking. Just skipped ChopStuck. By the time this is done I will have sunk half my HP bankroll into this event, and I don't know if I'm inclined to keep playing if the resources I've spent months building up and the intense effort I've put into this tourney are flushed down the toilet by this. What was initially a daunting and exciting challenge has turned into helpless ennui.

Unfortunately for you I feel like this was the goal.
    Him and all the other people throwing HP away on shields

The thing is, it wasn't throwing it away until my matches dried up while everyone else's kept coming. I would have far more than recouped my HP spent in winnings if I was able to actually play the tourney. Now, I'm entirely stuck - I don't mind losing if I'm outplayed, even if I made a big gamble with HP. In this case, I've played it near perfect to this point and am now being put at a grave disadvantage facing none of the other players. I just had to skip someone whose team was ONLY IM35 at level 17.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    with the change in boost costs, and their experiment at double shield cost, its pretty much 'how much pay2win can this game be?'
  • To those that feel I'm beginning to adopt a whiny tone regarding my current state, I do apologize. I feel like I have a reputation here for taking things with an even keel, so I hope that factors in.

I like staying up to date with how well your doing, both in ranking and emotionally.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Uh oh...I've started seeing mostly all seed teams now, too...
  • Nemek wrote:
    Uh oh...I've started seeing mostly all seed teams now, too...

*sigh* Yep, I looked for you the entire time you were unshielded and no joy. Now it's a day and a half of who is willing to burn shields for 3 pts. a pop. Sorry you got stuck there too, but at least I know it's not isolated.

This at least gives me hope in that people won't be able to leapfrog past us cheaply once they hit the upper point range for this to kick in. Looks to be around the 880 range.

We should at least be able to match against each other when unshielded. this makes very little sense to me.

Edit: This also means it will be a game of chicken at the very end. Will you drop your shields to gain 3-6 points and risk potentially being knocked down 150 points?
  • Nemek
    Luckily I have one match left on my board from before the seeds came up. sirKat is currently worth 15 points...soooo I just need him to gain another hundred or so and I'll be able to take you down! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

But uh...this is rather disappointing...
  • To those that feel I'm beginning to adopt a whiny tone regarding my current state, I do apologize. I feel like I have a reputation here for taking things with an even keel, so I hope that factors in.
    Dear Martha,

I write to you in my most desperate hour. The confederates continue to advance - their supply lines continue to provide them with 10-20 point ammunition, while I sit behind cover with no bullets. I have not been able to find a bullet in 7 hours now, and I fear that my imminent demise is at hand. Johnny Rebel has cut my lead to 15 points from 80+, and at least 3 of his compatriots are now within 50 points of my fortifications.

With bullets, I would have been able to advance my position on the hill, but as it stands now, I must watch as the sea of grey soldiers marches inexorably towards me. Most of my carefully saved resources have gone into this battle, but I do have a small cache of HP set aside to provide for you and our beautiful daughter Lizbeth. If you are reading this in time, please contact our dear friend dp3support to see if the tide of this battle can be turned, or at least made fair.

I believe in the cause that I am fighting for, but my biggest regret is that I will not be there to see our young wonder win her first Black Widow cover, or attend the fall PvE fair in the meadowgrounds with you again. My heart swells with pride and ISO to think that you will carry on my name with dignity and composure.

All my love,
    Beauregarde

If only everyone could whine like this. Amazing.
  • Nemek/walkyourpath....

just noticed this too, created another thread because of my rage.

thought i timed my shields pretty wisely (was correct) since i was the only top 10 unshielded when it broke.

how wrong i was....
  • Nemek
    jacobpc just found his way into the top 10. I saw him earlier today in matchmaking with 520ish. Considering most everybody is shielded, that's impressive.
  • Nemek wrote:
    jacobpc just found his way into the top 10. I saw him earlier today in matchmaking with 520ish. Considering most everybody is shielded, that's impressive.

Impressive is one word for it. Time to turtle up until he finishes making his run or hits the seed team zone. If he spots you in matchmaking, you can kiss the Top 10 goodbye.

Edit: In the time it took me to make that post, he jumped up over 40 points. With everyone shielded, that's 5-6 rounds, minimum. Don't care how fast he can play on PC, that's simply not feasible.
  • thereck is now in 2nd place. I watched him rise from off the leaderboard (10th is currently at 837) to 922 in under 5 minutes. Everyone hitting 880 has reached the seed team zone, meaning all matches offer 0-3 points with a few exceptions (meaning 4-6 points once every 100 or so skips). So, 42 points earned in the seed team zone at a generous average of 3 pts per match means 13 or 14 rounds - plus let's say 4 matches (again, generous given that all the Top 10 but him were shielded) to get from 837 to 880. 18 matches in 5 minutes, including searching for opponents (takes me an average of 10-20 skips minimum to find even a 3 pt. match right now), loading boosts,etc.

There's no explanation for this that I've heard that explains these types of nearly instantaneous results. Sorry, but this cheating is beyond ridiculous. If one of these cheaters wins after lots of dedicated and efficient players earned it the hard way, then I won't put another dollar into this game. The tourneys are hard enough to win without this sort of thing mucking up the whole experience. I need to see some bans or a real explanation from the devs as to how these results could be possible. IceIX, I know you're probably snowed under, but can you comment on what has been determined on the investigations into these players? I know they have been reported by community members multiple times.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    I feel bad for you walkyourpath, the writing is on the wall on this one. Devs won't do **** about it because they are completely overwhelmed/undermanned.

--- /// ---

Can anyone give some insight in how much HP in shields they have spent this far?
  • Nemek wrote:

I was literally fighting people with 10s and 20s in there teams in the 600-700 range on my way to 2nd, take a look at the rosters in the top 10.
  • thereck is now in 2nd place. I watched him rise from off the leaderboard (10th is currently at 837) to 922 in under 5 minutes. Everyone hitting 880 has reached the seed team zone, meaning all matches offer 0-3 points with a few exceptions (meaning 4-6 points once every 100 or so skips). So, 42 points earned in the seed team zone at a generous average of 3 pts per match means 13 or 14 rounds - plus let's say 4 matches (again, generous given that all the Top 10 but him were shielded) to get from 837 to 880. 18 matches in 5 minutes, including searching for opponents (takes me an average of 10-20 skips minimum to find even a 3 pt. match right now), loading boosts,etc.

There's no explanation for this that I've heard that explains these types of nearly instantaneous results. Sorry, but this cheating is beyond ridiculous. If one of these cheaters wins after lots of dedicated and efficient players earned it the hard way, then I won't put another dollar into this game. The tourneys are hard enough to win without this sort of thing mucking up the whole experience. I need to see some bans or a real explanation from the devs as to how these results could be possible. IceIX, I know you're probably snowed under, but can you comment on what has been determined on the investigations into these players? I know they have been reported by community members multiple times.

I'd like to thank flash for attacking me when I was 600 and he was 5th and unshielded. and all the wierd tank teams in the 6-700s.
  • >blows past everyone to lead, gets stuck in bug
    >complains that someone in the top 5 attacked me
    :3
  • notreck wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

I was literally fighting people with 10s and 20s in there teams in the 600-700 range on my way to 2nd, take a look at the rosters in the top 10.

So you are jacobpc?
  • notreck wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

No, you weren't - they were all shielded. At most you could have had three of them queued up just before you jumped into the top 10. That I could see getting you maybe into the 880 range, but the 40 point jump after that would have been against 0-3 point teams. So, either you're getting high value matches through shields that no-one else is getting, or you're grinding 3 point matches at a rate of 3 per minute. Doesn't add up, sorry.
  • >literally someone in top ten using lvl50 modern storm*
    >muh witchunt