Inhumans are killing off the X-Men.. forever!

2»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    I dont think it is going to be that serious, it is going to be similar to the time when Wanda said her infamous "no more mutants", there will be a smaller number of mutants maybe, but nothing serious. There were rumors of Marvel wanting to move Xmend to a different universe but they were false.

What worries me is what is going to happen with Cyclops after Secret Wars. I still have not seen any drawing of him in any previwe or cover of any comic after SW.

He's on the cover for All-New X-Men #3:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ANXMEN2015003-covcolFIN-4819a.jpg

Though it doesn't sound good:

"Terrible acts committed by mutant revolutionary Cyclops have placed mutantkind in extinction's crosshairs...and no one is left to suffer the consequences more than his time-displaced counterpart -- teen-aged Scott Summers."

Mmm the thing is this comic is about his young self, and what we see in the cover could be just a memory (there are like 5 cyclops). And reading the description, it doesnt seem cyclops (the real one) is really appearing in it.
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    I doubt Marvel would kill off the X-Men. Wolverine is one of their most popular characters overall and the x-men as a group are still going strong even with the mess of alternate realities/universes/gazillion cross series

You do realize Wolverine is dead right now in the comic?

But it is true they are bringing back old man logan to the present. And they would never dare to kill all the x-men.

Fantastic 4 on the other hand...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Fox can suck it, they keep pumping out these awful marvel movies just to hang onto the rights and its tiny kitty annoying.

Uhm.......except for the fact that Days Of Future Past was received EXTREMELY well by both fans and critics alike, made a ton of money, topped the charts for the RE-release just a month ago, etc etc etc...........

k so you do realize that the other movies were such flaming piles of garbage that DoFP was a recon of almost the entire series right? Because of DoFP, Last Stand (2006) which was already considered a massive turd, did not happen because both jean and scott are alive, The Wolverine (2013) did not happen and questionably the first 2 movies did not happen because we really don't know how the movie reshaped the rest of the timeline because wolverine going into the past obviously changed some things.

I've watched everything in the entire series twice for the sake of fairness and honestly the movies are boring as hell, vast majority of the characters are dull and feel there just for the sake of being there and the entire thing might as well be called Hugh Jackman and friends.

Okay. And?

X2 is STILL widely considered THE quintessential superhero movie of all time (just now possibly losing out to Avengers 1 or GotG, and had always been tied with The Dark Knight), by critics and fans alike.
  • Polares wrote:
    Mmm the thing is this comic is about his young self, and what we see in the cover could be just a memory (there are like 5 cyclops). And reading the description, it doesnt seem cyclops (the real one) is really appearing in it.
    Adult Cyclops has appeared in promo images for Uncanny Inhumans, probably in an antagonist role.
    Polares wrote:
    Fantastic 4 on the other hand...
    The Thing and the Human Torch are joining new teams (Guardians of the Galaxy and one of the Inhuman teams, respectively), but Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman are both conspicuously absent. That said...
    I don't actually think they're gonna die, I think there will be some reason that makes Reed and Sue (and their kids) stick around on Battleworld (it's been revealed it will survive past Secret Wars) while Thing and Torch head back to 616. Maybe Reed or Franklin takes over as God Emperor and needs to stay behind to literally hold Battleworld together?

That's all random speculation, of course, but it seems like it would fit pretty well with the themes Secret Wars is exploring. It's the big conclusion of the original Marvel universe, in a fashion, and so it naturally is mostly about the Fantastic Four, and their archenemy, Dr. Doom.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    You do realize Wolverine is dead right now in the comic?

Nobody stays dead with Marvel icon_e_wink.gif
    Death of... Comics are a little sensational marketing and a way to drive sales, stupid but it seems to work since it's an old tradition and they keep doing it.