*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

Comments

• _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    morph3us wrote:

(3) Protect tiles. If you get a large enough value in protect tiles out there, you can usually reduce the Hailstorm damage to 1, or near one..

Bring out 3* Magneto yellow, I think it overwrites almost everthing randomly (except CD tiles and bubbles) and does the mentioned defense, also his red shakes the board getting rid of some attack tiles. Put to that your own Storm with green and Loki purple and you got a boardshaking mobile.
  • Just do board shake up and go for match 4s and 5s
    Loki
    CMags
    Hulk
    3Thor
    Thing
    Bullseye
    Storm (anyone Jordan Tyson Jackson)
    Juggernaut
    Groot
    Hood
    etc
    - Unreall
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    morph3us wrote:

(3) Protect tiles. If you get a large enough value in protect tiles out there, you can usually reduce the Hailstorm damage to 1, or near one..

Bring out 3* Magneto yellow, I think it overwrites almost everthing randomly (except CD tiles and bubbles) and does the mentioned defense, also his red shakes the board getting rid of some attack tiles. Put to that your own Storm with green and Loki purple and you got a boardshaking mobile.

5 cover yellow cmag overwrites CD tiles, it's saved me quite a few too. Extra chance at tile removal is why I like 5 yellow over 5 red
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead, I think you might want a big board shake from icon_storm.png, icon_hulk.png, and icon_rocket.pnggreenflag.png type abilities.

A very angry icon_hulk.png would work very well. Sorry, this is no where near a complete list.
    If there are no basic tiles tiles on the board, Hulk will not magically make them. If you're dealing with a 5 Black Storm, you're loosing a major field advantage on hailstorm which can shut down your Green AP generation from Anger. I've even got to a point where Anger either wouldn't proc due to board flooding or couldn't generate green effectively due to the same reason.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    I found bringing along Manipulation and Carnage Rules TUps very useful. Saved my bacon a few games.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I also had the thought that they could develop a new "heal" tile that is the opposite of an attack tile in that instead of hurting your opponent for X amount each turn it would give your character a burst of health each turn. Then Loki's black could affect attack tiles by turning them to "heal" tiles.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also had the thought that they could develop a new "heal" tile that is the opposite of an attack tile in that instead of hurting your opponent for X amount each turn it would give your character a burst of health each turn. Then Loki's black could affect attack tiles by turning them to "heal" tiles.

I had thought the same. They should have gave KK the heal tile. They def need an opposite attack tile and it would be nice to see some new types of tiles.
  • Gowaderacer

I had thought the same. They should have gave KK the heal tile. They def need an opposite attack tile and it would be nice to see some new types of tiles.

I was thinking more along the lines of Dr. Strange. Mystic healing or something like that...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    morph3us wrote:

If using Magneto for this, cast his Yellow before Red, you'll have a better chance of overwriting her Attack tiles since it will ignore Team-Up tiles for selecting tiles to Overwrite. Casting red first will add that many basic tiles to the mix and decrease the odds of overwrites.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Much underrated Doc Ock can get rid of a lot of special tiles while dealing tons of damage. Battling Storm, Falcon and Carnage may be the only chances the poor guy has to shine.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    This is exactly why I run CMags at 5 Coercive Field/3 Red/5 Blue (Nuke). He's a great counter to 3 Storm for that reason. As others noted, you either need to deny blacktile.png or shut her down early. Stunners work, and I particularly like Capt. Marvel (3) for this as well. Also, oddly enough, 2 star Marvels yellow (team up deployment) overwrites just about anything. I don't recommend using her in a 3 star fight, but it's an interesting side note.

Your best options were laid out above; overwrite, shield up, stun out, deny her main color.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the single best direct counter is doc ock blue/black. but as mentioned there are many soft counters (i.e. board shakers). with mags I don't seem to have much trouble with storm. even with the more typical 3/5/5 build. enough health/board shake and can throw down some protects to buffer the damage a little. one point you want to get his red off before she gets yellow off or it just cuts into its effectiveness.
  • The second storm casts her Hailstorm Carnage can do CRAZY damage with greenflag.png and to a lesser extent Doc Ock can do damage with blueflag.png . Both are good counters to Storm.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Falcon defensive tiles also randomly overwrite any tiles.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been running Mohawk 5/3/5 for quite some time, but now that teamups are automatically equiped I realized there was a stronger case for more Yellow. So I respeced her to 5/5/3 since Lightning Strike is the bee's kness.
    ...Have to say I am disappointed. Even boosted in Divine Champions, her yellow doesn't seem to do a whole lot. Might go back to 5/3/5...
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    I've been running Mohawk 5/3/5 for quite some time, but now that teamups are automatically equiped I realized there was a stronger case for more Yellow. So I respeced her to 5/5/3 since Lightning Strike is the bee's kness.
    ...Have to say I am disappointed. Even boosted in Divine Champions, her yellow doesn't seem to do a whole lot. Might go back to 5/3/5...

I'm having a different experience with her yellow, getting rid of TUs has led to me getting better cascades with her green and lets me charge my own TUs faster or deny the AI dangerous TUs like demolition, full of surprises, technopathic strike and so on, also I've been getting better cascades with it since I've gotten it to rank 5 for 7 tiles

I treat her as a full AP generation support, there are much better black abilities and her green is counter productive to it. I really hate the black, I actually wish it was a passive of some sort that made charged tiles that include TUs on the board for her lightning strike/yellow.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

I'm having a different experience with her yellow, getting rid of TUs has led to me getting better cascades with her green and lets me charge my own TUs faster or deny the AI dangerous TUs like demolition, full of surprises, technopathic strike and so on, also I've been getting better cascades with it since I've gotten it to rank 5 for 7 tiles

I treat her as a full AP generation support, there are much better black abilities and her green is counter productive to it. I really hate the black, I actually wish it was a passive of some sort that made charged tiles that include TUs on the board for her lightning strike/yellow.
    Yeah, the black isn't particularly impressive either. I like the 5/3/5 build in theory as a trap counter though - yellow doesn't do anything against trap makers. I may hang on to 5/5/3 a while and see if I warm up to it though.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    well I also like max yellow because hitting TU's with her green just feels like a waste as well since that's already what yellow takes care of, I want them all off the board so I can be sure I get the real AP with lightning storm.
  • My Mohican storm is at 3-5-5 and for how I use her, it's perfect. I have lots of upgraded characters with either better or cheaper green powers ( hulk, WXF, KK, IF, Patch, hell even Human torch). Her yellow power is a decent board shaker, and her black power is nice, especially when she's buffed. To be honest, I use her in the last match for DDQ everyday ( the one for the 3 star cover ). I ritually use her, WXF and Steve Rogers - and I kick **** every day. Her Yellow power provides a good bridge between waves, and her black power is great at pounding passive enemies ( as well as non passive ones ).

She is not someone I use in an active match with 3 X 3 star enemies, but as a tool for specific purposes, or an asset when she is buffed, she ain't so bad.
  • Gowaderacer
    I loved the Women of Marvel and Divine Champions event in the off season because I used the same "winfinite" combo for each of MStorm/KKhan/4Thor:

1. Use Kkhan purple to feed Mstorm green
    2. Use 4Thor blue/red to charge tiles3.
    3. Use Mstorm green to collect charged tiles and refuel purple
    4. Repeat step 1 or use Mstorm yellow to board shake and use TU