*** The Hulk (Indestructible) ***

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, this belongs in Hulks thread, but i actually disagree that his red is bad. My hulk is at 3/5/5.. because i hulk bomb.. would never waste greens on clap when i have 3Thor or Kamala.. to use his red, just do a quick count before you fire it.. or if, and i am using gauntlet as an example.. you REALLY need to 1 shot someone (pointing at you Ultron) it can do some massive damage, and kamala just pops a heal after it's fired, so as long as noone dies, damage is negated.

Leave it alone, some of us use it.
    ronin-san wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Use your words, please.

What do you mean with that?

He means, OP's post was too kindergarten...like he was on Jeopardy and answered his own question in the form of a Lego.

When i read it, i just figured English was a 2nd language for the OP.
  • MyFeetStink
    MyFeetStink Posts: 55 Match Maker
    With the HP buffs that happened a while back, is Hulk bombing dead?

Myself, I have had bad luck with it post-buff. I get lucky now and then, but in general hulk tends to run out of life on me before the enemy team is wiped. That leads to some tense situations where the board is littered with tiles and both teams are hurting. It seems the rotating weekly buffed characters also have a lot to do with it thanks to the even larger health they are carrying.

Anyone else having a different experience? Or is Hulk bombing a thing who's time has past?
  • It was weird, I've been fine hulkbombing before, but when I tried it on the gauntlet, every single time, wolverine had all the tiles with Hulk actually not having a single color (thanks buffed Mystique). Did they change any numbers or the order? Isn't it always
    3 1 2
    in terms of defnesive order? I pulled out all those fights, but not how I wanted to.
    - Unreall
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    It was weird, I've been fine hulkbombing before, but when I tried it on the gauntlet, every single time, wolverine had all the tiles with Hulk actually not having a single color (thanks buffed Mystique). Did they change any numbers or the order? Isn't it always
    3 1 2
    in terms of defnesive order? I pulled out all those fights, but not how I wanted to.
    - Unreall
    I actually just made a thread on this!

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=6&t=30394

As far as hulk bombing goes - it's not dead, but it's not as common either with the weekly buffed characters.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Here's a good solution that would probably make his redflag.png much more appealing:
    - Make it deal damage to the whole enemy team instead of single target.
    I 2nd this, make it more like furys and hulk can be great again
  • I've been saying that myself for the past year. Especially since it can hurt your own team.

Just doing that one thing, would make him feel more balanced, and less a meat shield.
    - Unreall
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The text of the skill says:
    The Hulk is angry! When damaged for over 5% of his health, a random basic Black tile becomes a 1 turn Countdown that changes 1 basic tile(s) to Green.

In a fight against Daken in the Hulk event just a bit ago, Daken fired off his blue, doing damage to Hulk, and converting some tiles to green, which created matches, doing more damage. The total damage done was around 8.5% of his health, but Anger didn't go off.

Should it have, or is the text ambiguous and it really refers to losing 5% of his health in a single bit of damage?
  • Tanarus
    Tanarus Posts: 30
    Yeah, the damage needs to be done in a single action -- whether it's a match with buffed strike tiles, an active ability, or a tallying up of all the Attack tiles. Firing off an ability, then making a match, even if the ability ends up making the match, is considered two different sources of damage.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Note that it's per match 3+ too. Simultaneous matches are counted separately (per hit) as are cascades
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the 5% of his health his Current health or his top health for whatever level you have him at?
  • Malcrof
    JVReal wrote:
    Is the 5% of his health his Current health or his top health for whatever level you have him at?

5% of his max health, not current health.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    There also needs to be a black tile on the board for Anger to use as a countdown.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Hulk is one of the many characters that is right on the edge of being great. With a few tweaks to his red and black he could be top tier easily but in his current state he is just too flawed.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Hulk is one of the many characters that is right on the edge of being great. With a few tweaks to his red and black he could be top tier easily but in his current state he is just too flawed.

What do you see as wrong with his Black? I could see tweaking both Red and Green, but Black is his saving grace right now.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

What do you see as wrong with his Black? I could see tweaking both Red and Green, but Black is his saving grace right now.

I agree. His black at 5 covers really slows you down. The only flaw is when Hulk's highly buffed and can take more punishment before you break that 5% barrier.
    His green's okay...but his red is kind of expensive for what it is.

He's certainly not a broken character like Iron Man though.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards

I agree. His black at 5 covers really slows you down. The only flaw is when Hulk's highly buffed and can take more punishment before you break that 5% barrier.
    His green's okay...but his red is kind of expensive for what it is.

He's certainly not a broken character like Iron Man though.

And basically you just answered why black has problems. It is easier to fight a 395 Hulk than a 166 one, and it is because black triggers more in the 166 version (of course he has more life and green and red do more damage, but you get what I mean).

It is the same with Captain Marvel or The Thing, but at least with the thing decided not using a percentage of his life, because life scales faster than values in powers (I think, not sure of this bit).

This values should probably be fixed, depending just on the number of covers, not the level of the character.
  • Malcrof
    The single thing i would change about hulk, is to have him tank all his colors at 166.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I probably could read through 33 pages and find the answer to this, but I'll risk it and ask here.

I was a little suprised to find 5 black as the clear front runner build. I realize it is one extra green tile which can be one more piece to a nice cascade, but it also damages the team when it fires off. Is the damage to allies considered negligible enough that its worth the added chance of a cascade?

Also realize it's obvious if you are hulk bombing that Patch will heal it away anyways. Just struck me as a little odd that it was the clear preferred build.
  • I probably could read through 33 pages and find the answer to this, but I'll risk it and ask here.

I was a little suprised to find 5 black as the clear front runner build. I realize it is one extra green tile which can be one more piece to a nice cascade, but it also damages the team when it fires off. Is the damage to allies considered negligible enough that its worth the added chance of a cascade?

Also realize it's obvious if you are hulk bombing that Patch will heal it away anyways. Just struck me as a little odd that it was the clear preferred build.
    yeah...once you get hit with a cascade or something and Hulk goes all World war Hulk on the board...yeah...you won't question it ever again...

At 5, the dmg is affected by strike tiles, so your team if built for it can do TONS of dmg to the other team just for getting hit, at 5, its hard to NOT make a match, and the dmg is like a match to you, the team shrugs it off. Besides what else would you do with the cover? Put it in his red - that works backwards and erases his green, is ST, and pretty wonky AP wise? His green that is an utter waste of green? You use Hulk for ONE purpose..well two, to tank green/black and make green for your team. You use his green when there are no good options. You use his red when you are showing off...
    - Unreall
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 black is mandatory because it adds AOE damage to the enemy team when the countdown goes off. Even if you get a big cascade from 4 black, it's only damaging the lead enemy character. With 5 black they all get hit by the full force of Patch's strike tiles with every shot of Anger.