Silk seeks Spidey's Support

Options
GundamY
GundamY Posts: 182
edited September 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
It's been a long time since I last made a concept character's ability... But seriously, you guys, what's with the hate that Silk is getting lately? Yeah, I know, she screws up here and there during the Spider-Verse series. But who doesn't make mistakes like her when she's stuck in a bunker for 13 years with literally no human interaction?

Anywho, I feel like since there won't be any 3* characters for quite some time because of upcoming 5* characters, Silk might as well be the dreaded 4* that nobody wants (due to lower chance of maxing out covers). Well, here's my two cents on her potential role of MPQ!

Silk (Cindy Moon) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

latest?cb=20150124235008

purpleflag.pngFact Channel - 8 purpletile.png AP: Cindy gathers information in her civilian disguise and brings valuable data from her work to her allies. Select 2 Web Tiles and create 1 Red Tile and 1 Blue tile on the board.

Max Level: Select 8 Web Tiles and create 4 Red Tiles and 4 Blue Tiles on the board.

blackflag.pngSilk Sense (Passive) - 0 blacktile.png AP: With danger precognition far more advance than Spidey's senses, Silk easily dodges and counterattacks her foes. If Silk is about to take damage from an enemy's Attack tile, destroy 6 Web Tiles to cancel out the damage.

Max Level: If Silk triggers a Trap Tile on the board, she does not take any damage from all Trap Tiles as long as there are at least 8 Web Tiles on the board. Silk can reflect all damage from enemy-owned tiles so long as there are at least 12 Web Tiles on the board.

yellowflag.pngOrganic Webbing - 6 yellowtile.png AP: Silk constantly generates webbing from her fingertips. Deal 130 damage and create 4 Web Tiles on the board.

Max Level: Deal 2600 damage to an enemy target and create 8 Web Tiles on the board. If there are at least 16 Web Tiles on the board, convert all Team-Up Tiles into Web Tiles.

Now I know what you're thinking... Won't this make Venom's black ability Devour a one-hit nuke button? Well, to solve that problem, you guys can check out my post about Anti-Venom. Either way, go ahead and check out my speculation posts!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decent moveset!

What i would do, since all abilities appear to require web tiles, is to add it to the passive, like doom's traps.. each turn she places 1 web tile, this would allow the other abilities to be used on a yellow starved board!

I know you addressed it, but it may need to be a unique type of tile instead of a web tile, or venom's devour is going to be abused, and since web tiles are neutral... even an enemy venom would eat a person whole, so locking him out of your team does not fix it.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I haven't heard of this character, and the build seems needlessly complex. Ignoring the fact that her allies will just get eaten by Venom (Because they deserve to, if the player brings her to the table against him).

SO her Black power is confusing. She avoids attacks, but also avoids damage from traps specifically.

I like the basic idea; build up webs and then she can avoid a couple hits, like Elektra's black. I think... You say "enemy's attack tile" when I think you just mean "enemy's attack." If that's not correct, wow that power is terrible at rank 1.

I think this would streamline it a lot but keep the same flavor:
    blackflag.pngSilk Sense (PASSIVE) Cindy's advanced danger sense allows her to dodge and retaliate against enemy attacks. If there are at least 6 web tiles on the board when she would take damage, destroys 6 random web tiles and the damage is negated.
      Rank 2: Destroys 5 web tiles to negate damage. Rank 3: If there are 10 or more Web tiles on the board when she would take damage, Cindy counterattacks, dealing damage to the opponent equal to the total strength of all enemy Strike and Attack tiles. Rank 4: Destroys 4 web tiles. Rank 5: Destroys 3 web tiles.