5-Star Rarity & Silver Surfer Announcement! (In-Depth)

1111213141517»

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Because I can't think that playing this game is all that fun if you have a complete roster with nothing to look forward to.

Oh, you'll be surprised. Exhibit A: rapidly increasing scores in pvp events. Last season we saw an alliance with more than half the members breaking 3,000 points each, when progression rewards end at 1,300 points. This season, we had an event with even more members breaking 3k, with an absolute highest score ever at 3.7k. I'm fully expecting the 4,000 points barrier to be reached by the end of this season. Believe me, a full roster is only a mere stepping stone for these players. And there remains plenty to look forward to, even if 5* tier doesn't exist.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Are we talking half way covered or just 4* with 1-3 covers because that's a massive difference.
    Here's my current roster, for reference:
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/IceIX/
    Either this is ****, or in house testing was vs much lower opponents...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    He did say it was subject to change, but going from "Beatable with 6-ish covers and TUs allowed" to "level 270 and they get a strategically chosen TU while you get squat" is a huge change to make with no warning.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    He did say it was subject to change, but going from "Beatable with 6-ish covers and TUs allowed" to "level 270 and they get a strategically chosen TU while you get squat" is a huge change to make with no warning.
    I have to hope that allowing the enemy a TU but not the player was an oversight.

He never used it, and the node is locked now -- what TU was it?
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Thor red, which of course generates more yellow for cyc.
  • Lthor red.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe we got lucky. It could have been lazy cap red, even worse, a 1 cover im40 yellow. . .
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Yeah. That node was a lot tougher without being able to use a TU.