*** Bullseye (Classic) ***

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I have a max level 5/5/3 Bullseye. I use him to start pvp as well as every day for DDQ.

I like that guy so much.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    ronin-san wrote:
    I have a max level 5/5/3 Bullseye. I use him to start pvp as well as every day for DDQ.
    I like that guy so much.

Ditto - just maxed mine. SO much fun to use in survival-wave nodes!
  • After using him a few times I settled for 553 as well. So I have this lv105 BE and walked to DDQ to test him.

Screenshot_2015_09_09_15_34_13.png

OMG what a beast. Things scaleted up very quickly using the middle position trick and IF attack tile. Like, 0 ap needed for most of the waves, only thrrew his purple to take out beast and cage tiles and a couple peacemakers by the end to not let them destroy my tiles.

OK, he was very fun to use, too bad it needs a maybe-non-intentional-feature.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:
    After using him a few times I settled for 553 as well.

I went 5/3/5 personally, as I'm that weirdo who actually likes carefully plotting a crit or cascade with the tiles that green removes, and find the power very in-keeping with a character I was waiting/campaigning a long time for. icon_e_biggrin.gif Obviously that playstyle would be way too slow for PVP, but I doubt I'd ever be using him in higher-end PVP anyway -- plus even at 3 black, I was still able to fill the board with strikes on a 4-wave survival node like the DDQ.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    After using him a few times I settled for 553 as well.
    I went 5/3/5 personally, as I'm that weirdo who actually likes carefully plotting a crit or cascade with the tiles that green removes, and find the power very in-keeping with a character I was waiting/campaigning a long time for. icon_e_biggrin.gif Obviously that playstyle would be way too slow for PVP, but I doubt I'd ever be using him in higher-end PVP anyway -- plus even at 3 black, I was still able to fill the board with strikes on a 4-wave survival node like the DDQ.
    4 tiles are usually either not enough or too much, and you lose only one tile from 5 to 3 green, the damage isn't that important anyway.

He's a niche character and works well on that, pve waves it is, so maximizing his strength (even if it counts with shenanigans) seemed the best way to build him.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I am so glad I'm not the only one having fun with this guy. I use him daily with Magneto and Hood for Ultimate Villainy Survival Mode in The Big Enchilada and man it is just a joy to watch that maniacal face throwing down strike tiles. Mine is 535 for the same reasons as most; I enjoy crit fishing and it gives me something to actually plan for vs. throwing more strikes. I'll have to try IF and Falcon today and see if it plays differently.
  • ronin_san
    OJSP wrote:
    I've got a 3/5/5 Bullseye, just because that's how the covers fell.. now level 127

Paired him with maxed Patch and Daken, he simply hides at the back.. jumping out from the back for Contract Killer when downing someone with Lethal Improvisation.. Started using this team when they were all lvl 94 and with less covers, Bullseye only tanks purpletile.png at the same level.. works for the Big Enchilada, ninjas or not..

Also paired him with Iron Fist and someone else, even used Blade for a greentile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png team for a whim.. not too bad when they get going.., but only on goon nodes, other nodes are too risky with only 3 colours covered..

I understand the appeal of 5/3/5, but I like the board control better with 3/5/5.. even though it's random, the strike tiles can reduce the number of available tiles for the enemy countdown tiles. Deadly Precision has been useful to make multiple cascades and crits.

I know someone already did the math to calculate the damage difference between the 2 builds, but to me, he's more fun at 3/5/5.. I'll try 4/4/5 next month when his purpletile.png is awarded in DDQ, but I'll probably revert back to 3/5/5..

Max out his purple. It's well efficient, both in terms of damage AND ability to nix enemy ability tiles. When paired with Luke Cage or Daken, he has free tiles to pop with his purple.

Go 5/5/3. Going from 3 to 5 green only lets you destroy one more tile. Not worth it.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    ronin-san wrote:
    Go 5/5/3. Going from 3 to 5 green only lets you destroy one more tile. Not worth it.

and 1319 more damage on it making it do 1927 damage cause lets be real, 608 damage + 4 tiles popped for 11 cost is junk. 1927 damage + 5 tiles popped makes it bearable, capable of putting out even more damage (and AP gain) through forced board matches and 1.3k more damage does make it easier in securing the kill or just getting rid of something in general. Total burst of purple + green is 4863 (not including any matches made with green) which is about half the life of most 3*s at least, compared to 3544 with rank 3 green.

i'd already be iffy on a passive that requires a specific character to secure the kill to get the effect, makes me lean even less towards maxing it if it means gimping the damage on another ability with a more immediate effect that can also allow me to trigger said passive faster. Maybe if it worked on the whole team being able to trigger it I'd feel better about maxing it, but as long as its restricted to bullseye only it just feels like a "with icing on top" effect if you happen to get the kill with him, otherwise its a waste if you don't snag a kill with him.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    greenflag.png Requires thinking
    This is why I'm not a fan of the ability. icon_lol.gif
  • Not that his greenflag.png requires only thinking, it also is board dependant. More than a couple times I just sat there holding it because the board wasnt good enough even to make a match 4 appear. His own blackflag.png also makes it worse, because he can only target basic tiles.

Now look at what you lose, 1300 damage and 1 tile on greenflag.png vs 1600 damage on purpleflag.png, which is much more spammable and removes some annoying tiles from the board. A dead Luke/IF tile unmatchable on the board, some tiles made by the enemy's TU (I hate when Im using IF/Luke and the enemy uses a Boobstone TU), stuff like that. Its only 7AP.
  • ronin_san
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Not that his greenflag.png requires only thinking, it also is board dependant.
    <-- BINGO!!!
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Now look at what you lose, 1300 damage and 1 tile on greenflag.png vs 1600 damage on purpleflag.png, which is much more spammable and removes some annoying tiles from the board. A dead Luke/IF tile unmatchable on the board, some tiles made by the enemy's TU (I hate when Im using IF/Luke and the enemy uses a Boobstone TU), stuff like that. Its only 7AP.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHeF4D ... q11TwLMzKA

I suggested a couple groups to Dusk when he put out the first video. Watch the videos. 5/5/3 is the only way to go. You just go BONKERS when Bullseye is able to drop a couple waves of strike tiles. I mean, it gets to the point that Panther does 6700 AOE on the last wave of DDQ for 12 AP spent.

The other problem with Bullseye's greenflag.png is that you can't take out special tiles. You end up destroying team-ups only. You only ever use it to kill someone off. Using it to gain AP is just stupid. You want Bullseye to get the kill. NO. MATTER. WHAT. 5/5/3 for life.

Final nail in the coffin? Purple abilities vs green abilities. Which are you more likely to give the AP to, for Bullseye? Not green! Not when paired with Kamala, Thor, Patch, IF, etc....
  • If you want green for damage (a terrible choice IMO), black adds damage to everything. Powers, matches, attack tiles.
  • Hanzo0313
    Hanzo0313 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Played Bulleye with IF & BP in today's DPQ, it's so much fun after wave 2.

Here is the last screen shot when finished:

http://i.imgur.com/qi8Dzth.jpg
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    How/why can the AI's Bullseye use Lethal Improvisation with only 1 special tile on the board, but if I as a player try to use the ability without 2 special tiles available, I cannot cast the ability? In both situations, the power reads "Turns 2 selected attack, protect or strike tiles to basic tiles" but if I try to do it with only one on the board it says "Not enough tiles" In the essential with Bullseye, Doc Ock and Groot, he consistently uses the ability with only one special tile in play. Is this a glitch? Can we get Phaserhawk on this so something gets done about it please? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • If there's only one special tile on the board, you can use it too.

You just can't CHOOSE to use only one when there's at least two.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Huh, I'll be damned...I just tried it with Iron Fist and Bullseye, and you're right. I was able to cast it with just Fists tile out. I could have sworn the last time I tried it with only one special tile in play that it wouldn't let me and said "not enough tiles"
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Attack tiles will no longer proc Contract Killer after next patch.

Rip, I loved you.
  • Hanzo0313
    Ruinate wrote:

Rip, I loved you.
    Which means putting BE in the center is not working anymore?
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Hanzo0313 wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

Rip, I loved you.

The only difference it will make is if you have a 3* team and everyone is the same level then he will tank TU tiles so he will get credit for the kill by matching TU. With the update coming he won't get credit if a kill is made with a team up power or with attack tiles even if he's in the middle.
  • Hanzo0313
    Hanzo0313 wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

Rip, I loved you.

The only difference it will make is if you have a 3* team and everyone is the same level then he will tank TU tiles so he will get credit for the kill by matching TU. With the update coming he won't get credit if a kill is made with a team up power or with attack tiles even if he's in the middle.

Thanks for the explaination.

Just tried BE in DDQ, it's still funny, but not so brainless like before if pairing with IF.
    You need to be more careful to save the enemy life for BE to do the last shot.

Any way, playable but not that powerful after bug fixed.