*** Loki (Dark Reign) ***

Comments

• Loki is the only character that makes me feel really good, the feelings that I'm the AI a few times. Insane cascades off a single mischief CD triggering, being rewarded by the AI cascades... On Psy pvp I got more defensive wins than ever.

There was this one fight that I got 18 ap (six match 3) just from the mischief tiles disappearing, plus the 16 stolen ap, from a double match 4 the AI made.

To not mention the berserk rage + trickery combo... On thing. Aim at someone else and be rewarded by an extra 1500 o strike tiles is priceless.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I had him on my team against Cmags, and the poor fellow thought he would protect himself from damage! Yeah.. sorry Mags, but thanks for the strike tiles.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    He's great in PvE, but unboosted in PvP he just doesn't have the health to stand up with the heavy hitters. Like Hood, he's a lot of fun, especially when paired with someone like Patch, but a human player can play around him so easily such that he's terrible on D.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    Attention, devs! Loki sucks balls, nothing to see here, not the droids you're looking for, move along!

Stop making these flashing neon "nerf my favorite toon" threads guys! icon_mad.gif

Cracka' please. He's by NO means overpowered. He's squishy as all get out. He has no offensive capabilities. He's just really well designed and a great support with some fun mechanics. Even when combined with great partners, he's not an auto skip or a game ender like the old XF/4hor was.

Calm down.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had a couple instances in pvp over the last couple days where I intentionally left a match 4 for the enemy before realizing that I don't have Loki. Got so used to having him from the pve that it changed my play style. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    hate him boosted though when he tanks everything. hate hood boosted too. throws off all my tanking layouts.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    Attention, devs! Loki sucks balls, nothing to see here, not the droids you're looking for, move along!

Stop making these flashing neon "nerf my favorite toon" threads guys! icon_mad.gif

Cracka' please. He's by NO means overpowered. He's squishy as all get out. He has no offensive capabilities. He's just really well designed and a great support with some fun mechanics. Even when combined with great partners, he's not an auto skip or a game ender like the old XF/4hor was.

Calm down.

Everything you've posted is 100% true! thanks for the help! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I've noticed a couple times when the green passive has failed to fire on 4-matches of PU tiles. Do they not count as "any color"?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sidlon wrote:
    I've noticed a couple times when the green passive has failed to fire on 4-matches of PU tiles. Do they not count as "any color"?
    No, teamup tiles do not trigger Mischief.
  • team up tiles have no color, they're white

besides.....it seems to me team up tiles aren't allowed to be anything "else"...don't even think they can be traps
  • Quebbster
    raisinbman wrote:
    team up tiles have no color, they're white

besides.....it seems to me team up tiles aren't allowed to be anything "else"...don't even think they can be traps
    I think I may have been able to turn a colored trap tile into a teamup trap tile with Ms Marvel's yellow power. Can't recall exactly, but it should be easy to test with a Doom/Marvel team.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I think I may have been able to turn a colored trap tile into a teamup trap tile with Ms Marvel's yellow power. Can't recall exactly, but it should be easy to test with a Doom/Marvel team.
    Tried it out and it worked just fine. I also think Nick Fury's Demolition can create trap tiles on teamup tiles.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Tried it out and it worked just fine. I also think Nick Fury's Demolition can create trap tiles on teamup tiles.
    well i may be mistaken...but obviously you can't have attack/strike/countdown/etc teamups. Seems like traps are the exception.

The no-countdown-teamup is probably why loki's doesn't work on teamups - it would trigger and no countdowns would be created
  • Fury blue says TU tiles can be traps no problem.
  • I have my Loki at 120 or so, and fully loaded. I have 16 other full 3's at 166. Should I level him all the way, or keep him below a certain number?
  • Quebbster
    Clamoe100 wrote:
    I have my Loki at 120 or so, and fully loaded. I have 16 other full 3's at 166. Should I level him all the way, or keep him below a certain number?
    Are you planning to use him in PvP? In that case, you should definitely get him to 166 as every little bit of health helps there.
    Personally, I haven't regretted maxing my Loki, but YMMV.
  • He's in my Cmags/Hood/Loki go to team when I can in PVP as well as the SHIELD sim.
    it's brutal, once Cmags' red takes away the TU ap his pink/purple push for even more cascades and then lots more colours for hood to steal from.
    Also hood's black speeds up Loki's steal countdown, so you can get them right in the same game.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    hattarboy wrote:
    He's in my Cmags/Hood/Loki go to team when I can in PVP as well as the SHIELD sim.
    it's brutal, once Cmags' red takes away the TU ap his pink/purple push for even more cascades and then lots more colours for hood to steal from.
    Also hood's black speeds up Loki's steal countdown, so you can get them right in the same game.

try loki/cmag/mohawk (5/5/3) for almost never ending turns and massive AP generation, I just took it all the way to 1k in divine champions. I thought I wouldn't need both mag and storm yellow for getting rid of TUs but I did in the end because there was such an insane amount of board shifting that TUs would clutter up over and over.

also don't use lightning storm until you can't cast any of the other board juggling moves anymore just to make sure and if there's nothing else I can do I just drop a hailstorm to rack up damage.
  • Quebbster
    hattarboy wrote:
    He's in my Cmags/Hood/Loki go to team when I can in PVP as well as the SHIELD sim.

try loki/cmag/mohawk (5/5/3) for almost never ending turns and massive AP generation, I just took it all the way to 1k in divine champions. I thought I wouldn't need both mag and storm yellow for getting rid of TUs but I did in the end because there was such an insane amount of board shifting that TUs would clutter up over and over.

also don't use lightning storm until you can't cast any of the other board juggling moves anymore just to make sure and if there's nothing else I can do I just drop a hailstorm to rack up damage.
    If you have 4* Thor she's an even better fit than Magneto. Those charged tiles are nasty when she gets going.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Loki > Doc Oct against special tile users?