Looking for Advice

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I hope I'm posting this in the right area. I've been playing the game for a little over a week, and I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what I should do.

Right now, the units I have are

Iron Man (Model 35) - Level 22, 3/5/3
Black Widow (Modern) - Level 21, 3/5
Hawkeye (Classic) - Level 20, 5/5
Storm (Modern) - Level 17, 4/3/3
Iron Man (Model 40) - Level 15, 0/0/1
Storm (Classic) - Level 10, 3/0/1
Juggernaut (Classic) - Level 10, 2/2
Magneto (Marvel NOW!) - Level 6, 0/1/0

I also have 2 Marvel NOW! Thor in my Rewards because I don't have any open Roster Spots.

The main group I've been using are the M35 Iron Man, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. I figured you guys would probably know better than me what units I should use to do better. Was also wondering if I should buy a couple of the 5 dollar Hero Point packs so I could have plenty of Roster spots, or just try to get the Hero Points through rewards.

Comments

• You want to save Thor before you lose him. You need to spend all your HP on buying more cover slots.

You team looks good. You might want to use Modern Storm some more, she's the best support character at her leve. Just keep using ISO to level them up.

I can't really tell you whether or not spending real money on this game is a good idea. You'll need to make that decision for yourself.
  • I've still got about 4 days before I lose the first Thor. I need to get 75 more Hero Points to get my next Roster Spot.

Hmm... I could give Storm a try. I think I'd probably sub out Hawkeye for her, since I've been enjoying having Black Widow's 5 turn stun.

I would prefer to avoid using real money, but I figured the 5 dollar pack wasn't too bad.
  • Modern Storm is great because she has two powers that can clear out boards: causing cascades, collecting AP, and possibly breaking countdown tiles. Her black is okay, but not really the reason why she is so great.

I also liked Widow and her 5 turn stun. Its a great way to get out of tough situations when there is a countdown tile down to one or locking out a single enemy from attacking while you collect more AP.

Also, if you don't know already, the max amount of covers a character can have is 13. So, you need to choose wisely what abilities you want to 'max out'. Because if you max out two of them, you will be stuck with only 3 covers of another.
  • Really? I didn't know about the cover limit. Thanks for telling me about that.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I hope I'm posting this in the right area. I've been playing the game for a little over a week, and I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what I should do.

Right now, the units I have are

Iron Man (Model 35) - Level 22, 3/5/3
    Black Widow (Modern) - Level 21, 3/5
    Hawkeye (Classic) - Level 20, 5/5
    Storm (Modern) - Level 17, 4/3/3
    Iron Man (Model 40) - Level 15, 0/0/1
    Storm (Classic) - Level 10, 3/0/1
    Juggernaut (Classic) - Level 10, 2/2
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!) - Level 6, 0/1/0

I also have 2 Marvel NOW! Thor in my Rewards because I don't have any open Roster Spots.

The main group I've been using are the M35 Iron Man, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. I figured you guys would probably know better than me what units I should use to do better. Was also wondering if I should buy a couple of the 5 dollar Hero Point packs so I could have plenty of Roster spots, or just try to get the Hero Points through rewards.

Im35 or juggs/storm/widow is the best 1* team since they cover the entire color rainbow and have relatively strong abilities. Its important to remember that 1* covers arent that valuable, since you get recruit tokens for days in most events. Dont be afraid to sell your other 1*s to make room for 2*s: i dont think ive used a single 1* cover outside of widow/im35/storm, so the others are very expendible. Also spend all your hp on cover slots.
  • Hmm, okay. So the main 1*s I should probably stick with are IM35, Juggernaut, Modern Storm, and Modern BW? Which of the other 1 Stars I have would you sell to make room for Thor? I'm guessing Classic Hawkeye?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Hmm, okay. So the main 1*s I should probably stick with are IM35, Juggernaut, Modern Storm, and Modern BW? Which of the other 1 Stars I have would you sell to make room for Thor? I'm guessing Classic Hawkeye?

You should probably only use one of either juggs or im35: since your im35 is more developed, I would hold onto him. I would dump the juggernaut to make room for thor, and classic hawkeye after that. You can hold onto hawkeye until you need the space though. I would also consider dumping marvel now magneto: he isn't a very good character, and will take up a lot of space that you need.
  • Okay. If I was just going to pick between the two of them, I would go with IM35. And I just got an Original Black Widow and an Astonishing X-Men Wolverine. So I'll probably clear out the Hawkeye and Juggernaut for Thor and one of them, then try to get some Hero Points.

And does anyone know when the prizes should go out for the Family Reunion event? I'm pretty sure I had a good rank in it, but I haven't gotten anything for it yet.

I have to say. It's beginning to get annoying when I've only gotten 1 of the four possible rewards for a mission then I keep getting 20 iso-8 for the next 4-5 times I do it.