**** Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) **** Updated (1/10/19)

Comments

• We knew he was bad way before in game release...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    barrok wrote:
    Is this your suggestion to fix him? Fix the guy that came out 2 days ago? icon_razz.gif
    Well, it's not like he's gonna suck any less if we let some time pass...
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    We knew he was bad way before in game release...

haha true. Not saying he doesn't need fixing, it's just funny that he has been out less than a week and we already want him fixed lol ( I top'd 10 for him, so I wasted a shiz ton of time to get this worthless pile). sad days.
  • barrok wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    haha true. Not saying he doesn't need fixing, it's just funny that he has been out less than a week and we already want him fixed lol ( I top'd 10 for him, so I wasted a shiz ton of time to get this worthless pile). sad days.
    Are you sad for t10? It was my first t2 ever and only after half last grind I knew I didn't even need that much.

When Florida ended me and #2 had about same score (less than 200 difference) and #3 was 6k behind. Only by the end I noticed that from the guys on #3 and #4 neither was the guy on #3 previously, they both were 18k behind after sub 2. The guy that was #3 gave up and even with max grind on around 20k the others couldn't catch up anymore and we both on #1-2 were 10k ahead of #3-4. Then I saw this talking to the other guy (Line is cool for that, easy to find people if you know their alliance) and finally stopped the grind halfway, with 1h to the end.
  • Well,

I guess you can say I am sad, sure. Labor day weekend and I spent a few hours grinding for a guy who wasn't very good. The ISO + HP isn't worth the time invested... I should have known that when I saw his release icon_razz.gif But, I was hoping to pair him with carnage but now I would rather just stick ISO into Jean or XDP icon_razz.gif
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I dunno, maybe its my favoritism towards bad characters, but he seems a bit dangerous to me.
    The healing is nice, yeah, but the imaginaut damage when mixed with some characters gets a bit crazy.

Pair him with 3* Thor and 3* Hulk as a bit of transition stuff, and man oh man imaginaut with anger and thunder strike procs? Madness. Pure madness.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    ShionSinX wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Are you sad for t10? It was my first t2 ever and only after half last grind I knew I didn't even need that much.

When Florida ended me and #2 had about same score (less than 200 difference) and #3 was 6k behind. Only by the end I noticed that from the guys on #3 and #4 neither was the guy on #3 previously, they both were 18k behind after sub 2. The guy that was #3 gave up and even with max grind on around 20k the others couldn't catch up anymore and we both on #1-2 were 10k ahead of #3-4. Then I saw this talking to the other guy (Line is cool for that, easy to find people if you know their alliance) and finally stopped the grind halfway, with 1h to the end.

Thay guy was me! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Blahahah wrote:
    I dunno, maybe its my favoritism towards bad characters, but he seems a bit dangerous to me.
    The healing is nice, yeah, but the imaginaut damage when mixed with some characters gets a bit crazy.

Pair him with 3* Thor and 3* Hulk as a bit of transition stuff, and man oh man imaginaut with anger and thunder strike procs? Madness. Pure madness.
    Then your green blobs make match 4/5s and destroy your tile. Heh.

MAYBE if it was placeable... Basically they are saying not even Reed's mind is on par with rocket, poor Reed.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm liking Imaginaut after trying it out in PvP. I'm leaning towards a 5/3/5 build - the passive doesn't really have the same utility as the blue and black.
  • simonsez
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm liking Imaginaut after trying it out in PvP. I'm leaning towards a 5/3/5 build - the passive doesn't really have the same utility as the blue and black.
    I'm trying to figure out if I'd ever want to use him with anyone other than carnage... in which case, heal and protects would be the priority. Is there ever a scenario where he'd be the guy you'd go to when looking for a black user?
  • Quebbster
    simonsez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm trying to figure out if I'd ever want to use him with anyone other than carnage... in which case, heal and protects would be the priority. Is there ever a scenario where he'd be the guy you'd go to when looking for a black user?
    Black and blue actives are so far a rare color combination on the 4* rarity, so I could see myself using him to round a team out. I'll definitely consider a 5/5/3 build too though, stuns and protect tiles are very useful.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Black and blue actives are so far a rare color combination on the 4* rarity, so I could see myself using him to round a team out. I'll definitely consider a 5/5/3 build too though, stuns and protect tiles are very useful.
    Who is/are the 4*s that don't have blue and black actives that would go better with Reed than with someone else, just because of what he brings with both colors?

A thing to note is that he looks like a low priority target, leaving him for last seems less problematic than most (if not all) others.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Imaginaut is fun to use, even with the PvP loaner. So my,opinion of it has improved with play.

But I still feel like it's not good enough. Its basically one's passive power, in that it's main value is double dipping on strike tiles with every match.

And it does more damage than obw, and he doesn't need to rank the colors. But it also costs 9 ap, can be matched away, can resolve itself, and doesn't come with an ap steal.

As fun as the power is, I can't see it being something I would use except when he is featured or boosted.

The yellow true heal has been a bit more disappointing. Unlike match 4s. Which the ai never passes up, the ai gives not eight to special tiles, so this power is triggered much less than loki's yellow. The only way around this is to floor the board with specials. Its a decent tactic, but now you are dictating 2/3 of the team.

I am still up in the air on 5/3/5 or 5/5/3. He may be the rare character that merits a 5/4/4 Build. 4 in black gets you the third round, which should make the countdown significantly more survivable. But the extra damage is less important since you will almost always be using strike tiles in concert with Imaginaut. And the extra true healing from 4->5 on yellow is significant.
  • simonsez
    Quebbster wrote:
    Black and blue actives are so far a rare color combination on the 4* rarity, so I could see myself using him to round a team out.
    Please don't tell me you'd take his black and blue over HB's
  • Quebbster
    simonsez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Black and blue actives are so far a rare color combination on the 4* rarity, so I could see myself using him to round a team out.
    Hadn't considered that when I posted. I guess that makes the stun Reed's biggest asset.
    There are of course times that Hulkbuster is unavailable, but they are few and far between.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Hadn't considered that when I posted. I guess that makes the stun Reed's biggest asset.
    There are of course times that Hulkbuster is unavailable, but they are few and far between.
    The reality is you can use Reeds active Blue and Black in PVE and save Hulkbuster for PVP. Throw down some strike tiles and it can do some damage. You have a CD about to go off the stun is useful. He like Electra is more of a situational 4* over an everyday 4*. He also has a true heal so you don't have to waste health packs on him which could come in handy during PVE clears. In his PVP his stun even at level 1 was nice as I ran him with IF, Gamora. I even used his black on occasion after I had fired Gamora's black and had a bunch of strike tiles to double dip on.

He is defiantly lower tier, but pair him with Thing on the 4* level and a special tile spammer like Daken and he can feed Thing Green which is the power you want to use. His black and Blue can actually be used then.
  • wymtime wrote:
    The reality is you can use Reeds active Blue and Black in PVE and save Hulkbuster for PVP. Throw down some strike tiles and it can do some damage. You have a CD about to go off the stun is useful. He like Electra is more of a situational 4* over an everyday 4*. He also has a true heal so you don't have to waste health packs on him which could come in handy during PVE clears. In his PVP his stun even at level 1 was nice as I ran him with IF, Gamora. I even used his black on occasion after I had fired Gamora's black and had a bunch of strike tiles to double dip on.

He is defiantly lower tier, but pair him with Thing on the 4* level and a special tile spammer like Daken and he can feed Thing Green which is the power you want to use. His black and Blue can actually be used then.
    Except that Thing greenflag.png might destroy your own tiles, including imaginaut, making Reed's yellow usefulness decay.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Except that Thing greenflag.png might destroy your own tiles, including imaginaut, making Reed's yellow usefulness decay.

Lol, the Thing's 'nonbo' with Reed really seems like development didn't even think Reeds abilities through, especially when trying to force a combo with FF's.

Reed + antman + carnage has turned out to be pretty good, but it prolongs matches rather than finishing them quickly (though reed usually comes out unscathed, even with only 3 in yellow).

I am thinking that if they make a 4* that creates yellow/red/green tiles, Reeds black could be insane. There were a few times when Antman had his yellow strike tiles out, and Reeds black was out and I made multiple cascades that were red/green/yellow in nature. The damage from his black was really great.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wrote this up the other day but my browser crashed and I never got around to rewriting it:

Mr. F sucks because his yellow is mostly garbage. If it was a team true heal or he was a legitimate threat it could be useful but as is its bad. Here's my suggestions for fixes:

Blue - leave as is. Slightly insulting that Iceman's is so much better for cheaper but whatever.

Yellow - Healing portion leave as is. Include a 9 AP active - Mr. Fantastic stretches out, protecting his friends from harm. Creates a (3-5?) turn yellow CD that while active causes Mr. Fantastic to redirect 10/20/30/40/50% of the damage his allies would take to himself and reducing the damage redirected by 10/20/30/45/65%. (Similar to Colossus). Move the Fantastic 4 green AP portion to ...

Black - Leave Imaginaut the same except it generates green AP for each additional F4 member per proc.

Number wise for his yellow with 3 or 5 covers:

Whales! Whales! Whales! at 5 covers / 166 does 4069 damage to all enemies, 12,207 damage total.

With 3 covers in yellow and the tile on the board, his two allies would take 2849 damage (4069 * 70%) and he would takes 4069 + (4069 * 30% [portion from allies] * 70% [damage reduction] * 2) = 5778. Total damage taken by team = 11,476 but the bulk of it is redirected to him which he can hopefully heal back.

With 5 covers, his allies would take 2035 (4069 * 50%) and he would takes 4069 + (4069 * 50% [portion from allies] * 35% [damage reduction] * 2) = 5494. Total damage taken = 9564.

May need to do some number tweaking but I think yellow should be serviceable without being completely bonkers. While the tile is up its effectively doubling his allies life with 5 covers which could be very annoying with dangerous teammates like Fist, Jean Grey or a boosted Hood. Imaginaut generating AP with a boosted Torch could also be extremely dangerous.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Does Bag-Man count as a F4 member?