**** Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) **** Updated (1/10/19)

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    It is not super easy, but it is not that difficult because you dont need to wait, you play one and if you are smart (and a bit lucky) you can keep adding turns to the clock while you also do 3 match-3 (or use doom or IF) and then cast the second one.
    Why is it when it comes to a power like Starlord's red, people think it sucks because it's hard to get a 3turn CD to survive til resolution, but with a power like this one, people think they're going to have Mr. F's CD hang around indefinitely until they run out of RGY matches?
  • Anyone been playing this guy?

I feel like an ant-man carnage team could be really solid (albeit slow). I got top 10 and kind of want to try him out, but I haven't seen any discussion on him.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    barrok wrote:
    Anyone been playing this guy?

I feel like an ant-man carnage team could be really solid (albeit slow). I got top 10 and kind of want to try him out, but I haven't seen any discussion on him.

I think he stinks big time and will never use him unless required to. He doesn't have any big damage moves and his healing is useless since people will just leave him for last anyhow due to him being a low threat. His black isn't any more scary than Iron Fist's black.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    It is not super easy, but it is not that difficult because you dont need to wait, you play one and if you are smart (and a bit lucky) you can keep adding turns to the clock while you also do 3 match-3 (or use doom or IF) and then cast the second one.
    Why is it when it comes to a power like Starlord's red, people think it sucks because it's hard to get a 3turn CD to survive til resolution, but with a power like this one, people think they're going to have Mr. F's CD hang around indefinitely until they run out of RGY matches?

Because this countdown tile doesn't have to wait till resolution for it's effect?

Mind you, Starlords red has another effect people tend to overlook while active, but people just using it for the damage may feel like its risky due to the long term cd and chances of it being destroyed.

Also, not sure if its a bug, but if Mr F gets stunned, his CD doesn't decrease, obviously, but the extra damage still takes effect on RGY matches.
  • simonsez
    Haetron wrote:
    Because this countdown tile doesn't have to wait till resolution for it's effect?
    Yes, you get immediate results that are ****. You will be doing very well if you manage to average 5 RGY matches before this tile is gone. So you're spending 9 AP to get 4k damage at 5 covers. This is mid/low-tier 3* level damage, and it's the only attack that he has. I have no idea what we're supposed to do with this character.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Yes, you get immediate results that are tinykitty. You will be doing very well if you manage to average 5 RGY matches before this tile is gone. So you're spending 9 AP to get 4k damage at 5 covers. This is mid/low-tier 3* level damage, and it's the only attack that he has. I have no idea what we're supposed to do with this character.

He's basically pure utility which puts him in the trash tier of 4*'s. I suppose you can bring him for his stun and protect tiles, it is pretty good for the AP. He has true healing so putting him in front of big attacks could work, of course his healing depends on the enemy matching special tiles so it's kinda unreliable and you need to bring special tile users.

Black is bad... Just bring someone else and never use it. 9 AP, dependant on board, the damage isnt even that good.
  • notamutant wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    Anyone been playing this guy?

I think he stinks big time and will never use him unless required to. He doesn't have any big damage moves and his healing is useless since people will just leave him for last anyhow due to him being a low threat. His black isn't any more scary than Iron Fist's black.
    he's a support character in a game that's meta revolves around damage

his "family trick" is neglible when it could've been the thing to truly make him shine
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    He looks like ****. I can't understand how after antman, deadpool, jean grey and the thing, they somehow made someone who might be worse then invisible woman. She's at least got stronger support abilities.

Just keep his stats and demote him to 3 star. problem solved.
    He'd actually work there. but with the last like 5 4 stars alone, he's kinda nothing/ niche, resource intense. (not necessarily cost, but stronger characters who could take his place)
  • simonsez
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    He's basically pure utility which puts him in the trash tier of 4*'s.
    Utility doesn't necessarily mean trash. Hood/Loki/SW are basically utility 3*s, but no one would call them trash. One could easily design a utility 4* that's nice, but this doesn't look like one of them.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Imaginaut could shine with strike tiles and board-control abilities to back it up, but of course the only reliable 4* strike tile move is on blackflag.png .
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    I can't understand how after antman, deadpool, jean grey and the thing, they somehow made someone who might be worse then invisible woman.
    It runs in the family icon_lol.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Imaginaut could shine with strike tiles and board-control abilities to back it up, but of course the only reliable 4* strike tile move is on blackflag.png .

Well you forget ant man yellow, for 7Ap you get nice strike tiles. And he create some attack tiles too, so he is probably his best friend in the 4 space. Carnage is his other friend.

I guess a team with Carnage-Antman-RR could work, as is fully rainbow with actives in all colors. But RR is the weak link, and there are other better alternatives.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    More that I'm not counting CDs as reliable. I use Ants! Ants! Ants! to get more damage from stolen strike tiles, and if I have more than I started with when it's over, bonus.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    He's basically pure utility which puts him in the trash tier of 4*'s.
    Utility doesn't necessarily mean trash. Hood/Loki/SW are basically utility 3*s, but no one would call them trash. One could easily design a utility 4* that's nice, but this doesn't look like one of them.

I agree, utility doesn't mean bad but so far on 4*'s... theyre mostly bad. Elektra, IW, this newly release dope, Sam Wilson.

Prof X is about the only truly good one.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fantastic's Blue seems decent as a utility, but not as good as 3* spider's stun, and his yellow will be very annoying to fight against, but pretty unreliable if you want to use him as true heal tank (maybe with mostorm or daken?). But back is very hard to use well, and and probably not powerful enough to justify the hassle.

Overall, he seems more like the set of characters that are designed to be annoying enemies in gauntlet nodes.

Is the consensus that 4* falcon is bad? He seems like a markedly better utility character than fantastic.
  • Well, glad i spent all that time grinding. Guess he can sit next to the other unused 4's: his wife, star lord and elektra.
  • simonsez
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Overall, he seems more like the set of characters that are designed to be annoying enemies in gauntlet nodes.
    And even more annoying as an essential.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Is the consensus that 4* falcon is bad? He seems like a markedly better utility character than fantastic.

I was looking forward to 4* Sam Cap's blue ability, since it is cover dependent, not level dependent. Got 3 covers, and it's not what I had hoped for. I think I was hoping it would be better than it actually was, so my expectations were higher than they should've been. His red is nice, but too expensive. Yellow is annoying, and would mitigate match damage. Blue isn't as nice as 3* Falcon's yellow, I think. If red was aoe, he'd be awesome, maybe overpowered. But for a 4*, his moves aren't that great, and because his red is expensive, you probably won't see him above 800 pts in PVP.
  • Imaginaut - Passive / Active 9+ AP
    - Passive: for every 3 black ap your team has, increase all your red/gree/blue match damage by X (80/120/200 max lv maybe?).
    - Active: uses all your black ap and creates a black CD tile with ap used = turn duration that deals X damage every turn (600/750/1.3k turn seems OK at 3/4/5 covers max lv).

Levels decrease the passive up to 2 black ap per 200ish increment and includes yellow matches at some point.

CD stronger than elektra red but it's visible so more likely to not survive too long.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Imaginaut - Passive / Active 9+ AP
    - Passive: for every 3 black ap your team has, increase all your red/gree/blue match damage by X (80/120/200 max lv maybe?).
    - Active: uses all your black ap and creates a black CD tile with ap used = turn duration that deals X damage every turn (600/750/1.3k turn seems OK at 3/4/5 covers max lv).

Levels decrease the passive up to 2 black ap per 200ish increment and includes yellow matches at some point.

CD stronger than elektra red but it's visible so more likely to not survive too long.

Is this your suggestion to fix him? Fix the guy that came out 2 days ago? icon_razz.gif