***** Silver Surfer (Skyrider) *****

Comments

• Missing info: what are the minimum levels of a 5* (1/0/0 build)? Lv150? HP? Match damage? I want to know what a single cover will be like.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missing info: what are the minimum levels of a 5* (1/0/0 build)? Lv150? HP? Match damage? I want to know what a single cover will be like.

As noted in my (now hidden) original post, starting level for 5*s is 255. In this one respect, my post was better than demiruge's!

We don't know yet about health or match damage.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Missing info: what are the minimum levels of a 5* (1/0/0 build)? Lv150? HP? Match damage? I want to know what a single cover will be like.

As noted in my (now hidden) original post, starting level for 5*s is 255. In this one respect, my post was better than demiruge's!

We don't know yet about health or match damage.

Health for SS with level 255 was around 14763, you can clearly see the value in one of the images of the SS interview.

Match damage is blue 146, red 130, black 113, purple 18 ... Team up 73

First level costs 1074 (not bad for the first level icon_razz.gif). Going from 255 to 300 costs 89688
  • Thanks for the min info! So he sounds playable even with one cover. That's good. 5* could break the game, but at the same time I NEED. I must resist compulsion to purchase 40x packs. Would be the ultimate PvP scarecrow and "save money" on shields.
    At the same time my PvE would probably break if scaling was determined by 255+.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Personally I think his health is a bit too high as no 4 star even comes close to his health at max level. I think around 30000 would have been better
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    MrBowers wrote:
    Personally I think his health is a bit too high as no 4 star even comes close to his health at max level. I think around 30000 would have been better

I get the feeling that 5* (and up?) are going to be their own level of the meta, like Marvel's cosmic characters. 4* and below aren't supposed to be able to reasonably compete with them in normal situations.

thanos3.jpg2012-05-05-avengers_thor_thanos.jpeg
    575041_453345218013735_771568152_n.jpg
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I have unusual idea. What if instead of manipulating SS himself, he would be treated kinda like a boss in RPGs. Hard to beat, but you get much better rewards for beating him. For example if you defeat a team that uses SS, WITHOUT having a 5* yourself, you will get more ISO or some HP for winning against that monster?
  • Polares
    Thanks for the min info! So he sounds playable even with one cover. That's good. 5* could break the game, but at the same time I NEED. I must resist compulsion to purchase 40x packs. Would be the ultimate PvP scarecrow and "save money" on shields.

The only problem is the strength of the powers. With one red cover at level 255 the power does just 1300, you need a lot of levels to make this number more scary. So until you get like 5 or 6 covers, so you can raise 90 or more levels 5s are just tanks AND match damage, like an overscaled devil dino.

Ps: Infinity Gauntlet is so good, but 'the prequel' Thanos Quest is even better, for me, probably the best Thanos story. Jim Starlin at its best.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    Thanks for the min info! So he sounds playable even with one cover. That's good. 5* could break the game, but at the same time I NEED. I must resist compulsion to purchase 40x packs. Would be the ultimate PvP scarecrow and "save money" on shields.

The only problem is the strength of the powers. With one red cover at level 255 the power does just 1300, you need a lot of levels to make this number more scary. So until you get like 5 or 6 covers, so you can raise 90 or more levels 5s are just tanks AND match damage, like an overscaled devil dino.

Even Luke Cage can make a protect tile strong enough to prevent match damage from a 1 cover 5 star. I doubt even 2 covers is enough to make them usable. I would guess 3 minimum.
  • Polares
    notamutant wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Even Luke Cage can make a protect tile strong enough to prevent match damage from a 1 cover 5 star. I doubt even 2 covers is enough to make them usable. I would guess 3 minimum.

Yeah I agree, I think until people get 4+ covers he is not going to scare anybody (less life than IMHB and way less firepower).

This is way devs are confident SS is not going to break nothing, at least on the first months, after a couple of months we will see (this is also way I think they are going to present 3 5s allmost simultaneously, so the 5 pool gets quickly diluted so it is harder to have 5 or 6 covers of of any given 5).
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    so if he is 5 star will galactus be 6 star?
  • notamutant wrote:
    One cover 5* has a 146 damage on strongest color, 438 damage in a regular match 3, dealing 170 damage still to a 5 red Luke. Not the best it could be but for one cover is pretty decent. A three cover 5* will have up to lv300 and, in the best scenario, all three powers, which is why I think that a 2-3 covers minimum is a good guess.
    MrBowers wrote:
    We cant even use Gorgon or Ultron, why do people think we should use Thanos or Galactus?
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    One cover 5* has a 146 damage on strongest color, 438 damage in a regular match 3, dealing 170 damage still to a 5 red Luke. Not the best it could be but for one cover is pretty decent. A three cover 5* will have up to lv300 and, in the best scenario, all three powers, which is why I think that a 2-3 covers minimum is a good guess.
    MrBowers wrote:
    We cant even use Gorgon or Ultron, why do people think we should use Thanos or Galactus?
    we couldn't use devil and that changed, to answer the question $
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    So impatient, I want one now.
  • Chances are that most of us won't be getting any cover for quite some time.
  • So, I'm less interested in silver Surfer, and more 'his effect' on the game.

IceX mentioned 'boosted' 4s, not that they were going to boost all the 4s, but it sounds like the weekly boost that is handed out will raise to meat 5 star level. So if I'm hearing it right, in reality he will still destroy any non-boosted team.

Moving from that though brings up character balance - not so much he makes things unbalanced, but characters who have been nerfed or need a buff, like how will that be handled? Does Sentry Bombing really seem unfair with someone with that much health 'floating around'? Or the AP denial of SS from XFW? Stun-locking with Spiderman/CMags seems like exactly what you need TO beat him. So are therre plans for 'the rest of the roster'? I would think not because of the recent health boost, but 60k WITH healing is HUGE, the hardest hitting attacks in the game which take immense AP, would need 3+ calls to kill him, that's like 75-90AP depending on the move, and in the time it takes you to get that AP, he's gotten almost 18k in just MATCH dmg...and most likely has gotten enough AP to heal back most of that damage.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not complaining, IMO his match dmg should be closer to 200-ish, something you can reasonably get protect tiles up for through various means as opposed to throwing Thing out there, but I am real curious how the other characters will be effected upon roll-ou and in future changes. I mean does IMHB or IF look that nasty anymore? What happens to the slow, less offensive characters? I'm not reaching for the panic button, just curious...

Is 'Void' going to be the second 5* or World War Hulk...
    - Unreall
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    One of the things I was just thinking about for SS is that players will have no choice for his build, potentially ever. The odds of pulling 13 covers, let alone the ones you want, is going to be tiny. Besides it likely taking well over a year to cover a 5 star, you won't get the "optimal build" forever unless the cards fall out for you. So any discussion about optimal builds will be irrelevant. That combines with the fact that additional covers don't add as much anyhow to skills. So there really is no need for build discussion, because it is irrelevant for all but the .1%.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Stun-locking with Spiderman/CMags seems like exactly what you need TO beat him.

Except he can't be stunned provided they have at least 1 blue cover...
  • Isay_Isay wrote:
    Stun-locking with Spiderman/CMags seems like exactly what you need TO beat him.

Except he can't be stunned provided they have at least 1 blue cover...
    iqRB8.gif
    Your right, I forgot about that, but the basic premise still stands of needing every dirty little trick to put something like him down...
    - Unreall
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    One of the things I was just thinking about for SS is that players will have no choice for his build, potentially ever. The odds of pulling 13 covers, let alone the ones you want, is going to be tiny. Besides it likely taking well over a year to cover a 5 star, you won't get the "optimal build" forever unless the cards fall out for you. So any discussion about optimal builds will be irrelevant. That combines with the fact that additional covers don't add as much anyhow to skills. So there really is no need for build discussion, because it is irrelevant for all but the .1%.

With that said, it's 3/5/5 and it's not close.