***** Silver Surfer (Skyrider) *****

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Well, we don't know how much health. He will have at lower covers/levels malcrof.

Let's hope health doesn't scale linearly like covers, in which case he will be starting at about 34k health, which would be truly meta-warping.

I think he will start with around 12k hit points. 5s seem designed to be able to fight against 4s from the moment you get them. A 1/1/1 5 is as good as any 4, so I think SS with 3 covers will be around 15k hitpoints, and from there he will scale until he gets to 60000.

So yeah at first SS wont be as bad, but when people start to put money and max him, then those teams are going to be like the boogeyman. How many time will we need to kill him with IMHB, 15 minutes!?!? We need 100 red AP to kill him!!!
  • Manipulation of the Doctor Octopus destroy the special black tiles?
  • So if he matches one charged red tile in a match3, it deals 2500 damage. Two charged tiles, 3500. Three, 4500. Oh god.

OK so real calc time. Hulk has 11k hp, 3*s deal 79 in strong match damage. A match 3 is 237 damage, so needs about 47 match 3s to kill him.

Surfer has about 60k, 5*s deal 1758 on a strong match 3. It's about 35 match 3s to kill him. Suddenly it doesn't seems that bad.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Cap's shield, Redwing, etc won't be able to target the Black Hole tile (No falcons were harmed during the making of this ability). It can be blown up by 4/5 of a kinds. Also, abilities that just pop random tiles without caring what they are can hit this. So yes, that means little 1* Storm (Modern) could blow up a Black Hole with a Lightning Strike. Go 1*s!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    Cap's shield, Redwing, etc won't be able to target the Black Hole tile (No falcons were harmed during the making of this ability). It can be blown up by 4/5 of a kinds. Also, abilities that just pop random tiles without caring what they are can hit this. So yes, that means little 1* Storm (Modern) could blow up a Black Hole with a Lightning Strike. Go 1*s!

Or more accurately, the 1* storm team up that you didn't pay notice before the match Will destroy your carefully placed singularity! Forcing you to perservere with nothing more than your 500+ match damage, 60k health, true healing, and 8k damage for 7ap zap-ray icon_e_wink.gif.
  • IceIX
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Or more accurately, the 1* storm team up that you didn't pay notice before the match Will destroy your carefully placed singularity! Forcing you to perservere with nothing more than your 500+ match damage, 60k health, true healing, and 8k Danaher for 7ap zap-ray icon_e_wink.gif.
    Oh, the burdens Norrin Radd must carry...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    how many top alliances will be building 5/-/- mnmags for team-ups....
    edit: nevermind forgot its a long cd and not placeable. change that and it'd be boss against ss.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

So what you're saying is Juggernaut can run right into the Black Hole and destroy it? Go 1*'s!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    how many top alliances will be building 5/-/- mnmags for team-ups....
    edit: nevermind forgot its a long cd and not placeable. change that and it'd be boss against ss.

GSBW teamups will be the way to go because any of them work. Green and red can target and destroy the black hole directly, while purple can catch it in a match-four.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    At Max Level: HP: 59347 Tile Damage: 68/521/586/74/63/456/294/4.0x

oh my stars and garters
  • IceIX
    So what you're saying is Juggernaut can run right into the Black Hole and destroy it? Go 1*'s!
    ::Silver Surfer channels incredible cosmic power, creating a micro black hole in the middle of New York City::
    ::Hawkeye Arrow Stabs it::
    Sorted.

Yep. 1*s OP.
  • Polares
    IceIX wrote:
    ::Silver Surfer channels incredible cosmic power, creating a micro black hole in the middle of New York City::
    ::Hawkeye Arrow Stabs it::
    Sorted.

Yep. 1*s OP.

Well, If he would survive to even one match-3 from SS he would yes icon_razz.gif
  • IceIX
    Polares wrote:
    Well, If he would survive to even one match-3 from SS he would yes icon_razz.gif
    "The guy is flying on a surfboard! He can make black holes at will! And I have a bow and arrow! None of this makes sense!"

The man does what he can.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think if its unmatchable it should not be destroyed by match4s.

Just like XFW CD is counted as matched on match4 external match, this should NOT be destroyed.

(And Dr.Oc should get passive activation on external spectile destroyal)

Plz be consistent
  • Polares
    Polares wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Well, we don't know how much health. He will have at lower covers/levels malcrof.

Let's hope health doesn't scale linearly like covers, in which case he will be starting at about 34k health, which would be truly meta-warping.

I think he will start with around 12k hit points. 5s seem designed to be able to fight against 4s from the moment you get them. A 1/1/1 5 is as good as any 4, so I think SS with 3 covers will be around 15k hitpoints, and from there he will scale until he gets to 60000.

So yeah at first SS wont be as bad, but when people start to put money and max him, then those teams are going to be like the boogeyman. How many time will we need to kill him with IMHB, 15 minutes!?!? We need 100 red AP to kill him!!!

Well I came up quite close, he starts with 14.6k hitpoints (it can be seen in the marvel interview for SS)
  • IceIX
    turul wrote:

Just like XFW CD is counted as matched on match4 external match, this should NOT be destroyed.

Plz be consistent
    It's not being matched as in "I slide these tiles and match them". That cannot be done. It's being destroyed as in "It is disappearing along with this match that I made". The power specifically states that it "cannot be matched and does not fall". It states nothing about being indestructible.

Doctor Octopus and Wolverine may have different issues but this isn't the same class of tile or being dealt with in the same way. There's no inconsistency here.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I put 3 black holes next to each other will they make a match? Will my phone melt?
  • IceIX
    udonomefoo wrote:
    If I put 3 black holes next to each other will they make a match? Will my phone melt?
    They won't match but they can eat one another when they proc.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    turul wrote:

Plz be consistent
    It's not being matched as in "I slide these tiles and match them". That cannot be done. It's being destroyed as in "It is disappearing along with this match that I made". The power specifically states that it "cannot be matched and does not fall". It states nothing about being indestructible.

Doctor Octopus and Wolverine may have different issues but this isn't the same class of tile or being dealt with in the same way. There's no inconsistency here.

The texts are inconsistent.
    XFW: "If the CDtile is matched, Wolverine destroys...", external match4 pop counted as matched
    Surfer: "cannot be matched", external pop NOT counted as match
    Dr.Oc: "match that includes special tiles", external not counted.
    Gorgon, Reed: ???
  • Hayek
    Hayek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    IceIX wrote:

Please tell me that icon_invisiblewoman.png force bubbles can disable it! That would be so epic for multiple reasons! And it would make her a lot more useful.