*** Bullseye (Classic) ***

Comments

• Had a good experience with icon_bullseye.png paired w/ icon_falcon.png & icon_lukecage.png in the last Gauntlet run. Currently @ 1 blackflag.png 1 purpleflag.png 3 greenflag.png .
    Does he deserve to stay(qualifier: if he stays, a 2 yellowflag.pngicon_sentry.png goes away)?

EDIT: as of a standard token pull after today's DDQ; 1 blackflag.png 1 purpleflag.png4 greenflag.png
    none.png
    everyone's keepable if you care about PVE and Deadpool daily

EDIT: Does Bullseye count as a "killer" from Team up kills?
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I used wolverine patch for a few matches. Help with purple fodder
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. Just used a teamup to kill an opponent and it triggered Contract killer. Is that supposed to happen?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Huh. Just used a teamup to kill an opponent and it triggered Contract killer. Is that supposed to happen?

By that, I assume you mean Bullseye was on your team, and it was a teamup of another character?

Was Bullseye in 1st/center position? I wonder if the game also credits the center character for teamup kills... something I hadn't considered until now
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loving Bullseye, cmags and daken. One of the fastest teams I have played.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_bullseye.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_daken.png made for a really fun, efficient climbing team in Villainous Foes, although once it came time to get down to serious fighting I had to switch him out for Hood.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

By that, I assume you mean Bullseye was on your team, and it was a teamup of another character?

Was Bullseye in 1st/center position? I wonder if the game also credits the center character for teamup kills... something I hadn't considered until now
    Yes, Bullseye was on my team, and I think he was in the middle, not the front. Very odd.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    Yes, Bullseye was on my team, and I think he was in the middle, not the front. Very odd.

Which TU was it? I'd like to try replicating that if possible! (My Bullseye's one cover from finished, and I'm loving using him)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

Which TU was it? I'd like to try replicating that if possible! (My Bullseye's one cover from finished, and I'm loving using him)
    Righteous Uppercut.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    As the last 3* released before the current onslaught of 4* releases, no one has really paid any attention to bullseye.

How many people have spent the iso to level him up? is he useful at all?

4*s are so expensive that it's hard to justify spending iso on any 3* that isn't top notch these days (especially above lvl 120).
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    As the last 3* released before the current onslaught of 4* releases, no one has really paid any attention to bullseye.

4*s are so expensive that it's hard to justify spending iso on any 3* that isn't top notch these days (especially above lvl 120).

I took him to 140 to join all my other 3*s. 5/3/5 is my build and after playing with him boosted in NF, he's fun boosted, but I can't see myself working him into a rotation. Some might say that 5 in purple not good unless you bring or are against special tile protectors, but if you down someone with the passive, you get attack tiles and if you have purple saved, just start using it to do some great damage to the remaining 2, possibly downing 1 more and triggering the passive again. The last person should go down relatively quickly to match damage.
  • Quebbster
    lukewin wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

I took him to 140 to join all my other 3*s. 5/3/5 is my build and after playing with him boosted in NF, he's fun boosted, but I can't see myself working him into a rotation. Some might say that 5 in purple not good unless you bring or are against special tile protectors, but if you down someone with the passive, you get attack tiles and if you have purple saved, just start using it to do some great damage to the remaining 2, possibly downing 1 more and triggering the passive again. The last person should go down relatively quickly to match damage.
    I had great results using Bullseye and CMagneto in Nefarious Foes. If I needed fuel for the purple I just used Magneto's yellow power... It was easier than I expected to get Hired Killer to trigger.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I always thought we was pretty cool and a character you can get creative with him due to deadly precision, although I feel its an ability that should actually be 10 cost instead of 11. Also even though you need the 2 protect/strike/attack tiles on the board 2936 damage for 7 AP isn't bad and being able to remove enemy special tiles if needed on his purple.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's a delight for clearing trivial and wave nodes. Stick him in centre with someone producing free attack tiles like IF or Carnage, add daken/blade/falcon as a 3rd, watch him fill the board with strike tiles. During one of the ddq big enchilada days I went with IF/falcon and hardly had enough time to gather ap to use more than a couple of powers since they were pumping out 3.8k+ dmg/turn by the end. icon_e_smile.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:

I changed my mind. Went with 5/5/3. When I was using him, I didn't use green that often, and it's only a drop to 4 tiles destroyed with 3 green. The 2/3 drop in damage sucks, but again, wasn't using it that often. Will likely pair with IF, for the free attack tile, so that once Bullseye's passive triggers, the attack + strike tiles after the strike + match damage.

When I was changing from 5/3/5, I added a black, and accidentally dropped the purple. Luckily, I had another purple to bring it back, and now I have my 5/5/3.

EDIT-Just tried out in the Simulator. 553 Bullseye, 535 SW and 553 IF. Very fast.
  • He's a delight for clearing trivial and wave nodes. Stick him in centre with someone producing free attack tiles like IF or Carnage, add daken/blade/falcon as a 3rd, watch him fill the board with strike tiles. During one of the ddq big enchilada days I went with IF/falcon and hardly had enough time to gather ap to use more than a couple of powers since they were pumping out 3.8k+ dmg/turn by the end. icon_e_smile.gif
    Well, blade does that by himself, and also drains goons ap. My go-to team on DDQ is blade lcap kk. Hard to fail when the character waves die for two embiggened bashes and blade has 4-6 maxed attack tiles.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    ShionSinX wrote:
    He's a delight for clearing trivial and wave nodes. Stick him in centre with someone producing free attack tiles like IF or Carnage, add daken/blade/falcon as a 3rd, watch him fill the board with strike tiles. During one of the ddq big enchilada days I went with IF/falcon and hardly had enough time to gather ap to use more than a couple of powers since they were pumping out 3.8k+ dmg/turn by the end. icon_e_smile.gif
    Well, blade does that by himself, and also drains goons ap. My go-to team on DDQ is blade lcap kk. Hard to fail when the character waves die for two embiggened bashes and blade has 4-6 maxed attack tiles.

My go-to was Lcap/Falcon/Blade until I maxed Bullseye with 5/5/3 and now I use Lcap/BE/Falcon and the final node is like easy mode. By the end of the match I have literally every free tile except TU has a strike tile and many are boosted thanks to Falcon. I do around 3.5k match damage and over 6k with each use of Bulleseye purple. I think he is a very underrated character.
  • Thing is, blade double tips the strikes by himself, and by a ton. 2x 1k plus strikes is just too much, once cast they are exaggerated free damage. And the ap drain to use other powers.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    You really can't go wrong either way. In my experience so far, the nice thing about BE/IF/Falcon is that it's immune to a bad board -- sometimes the red just doesn't want to show up for Blade. Bullseye doesn't care about board composition; as long as you kill with the attack tile he gets his strike tiles, and his purple is so cheap that even a terrible board will give you enough to use it. With enough red Blade will definitely get you more damage over the course of a fight.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Just had to chime in here that man, 3* Bullseye is really fun. Setting up Psycho Killer (because let's face it, that's probably what this power was called in development) to get a ton of strikes is really satisfying, and his green is amazing for crit fishing. He's not amazing defensively but who cares, the character design is incredibly fun.