5-Star Rarity & Silver Surfer Announcement! (In-Depth)

Comments

• SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    What effect on 5* when open token? If 2* Silver, 3* gold, 4* pulsating gold icon_e_smile.gif
  • SolidQ wrote:
    What effect on 5* when open token? If 2* Silver, 3* gold, 4* pulsating gold icon_e_smile.gif
    dubstep will play and Devil Dino will dance for you
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Please confirm if there will be 5* essentials in PVE after the initial 3 5*s are released.

<snip>
    I can't confirm that because those are precisely the kinds of questions we need to answer by getting data on how many went out, how they're being leveled, used, etc.
  • IceIX
    firethorne wrote:
    Will any 5*s be required for any PvE nodes or featured characters of PvP events?

Also, still curious:
    firethorne wrote:
    Any plans to segregate PvP for people still working on 3*s to not get obliterated out of placement by teams two to three tiers above their weight class?
    Not at first, no. Possibly a featured Versus Event, since that's a great way for people to get a feel for how they handle in real combat.

Edit: As for the second, you're talking about some kind of league system which isn't really within the scope of a 5* roll out. The disparities are certainly something we're aware of.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    this is what im talking about many people who have 2 stars will end up at the end of pve events with a 2 star and 4 star (one for getting rank 151 and below) and 4 star for the progression... mostly 2 covers they cant do anything with.

Well, they shouldn't play 1 pve and be expecting to be ready to compete with everyone else who has put in a lot of time building their rosters. They could roster that 4* and over time, add more covers to it, and over time, have a deep enough roster to compete. Keywords, over time.
  • IceIX
    SolidQ wrote:
    Purple cosmic-looking 5* token, blasting lightning on open.
  • You cannot buy them, you cannot buy the covers and you cannot buy the legendary tokens. The 5*s will rely on luck and on hrs of playing to earn legendary tokens in order to maximize your chances. From the other side one new player with not even maxed 2* roster BUT with extreme luck can win 3-4 covers from 3-4 legendary tokens and start crushing competition in pvp. It can be a MAJOR game changer depending on how powerful the 5* will be. 4*s become slowly 3*s. No one will max 3*s anymore with the presence of good 4*s that can be covered easily. This will have an impact on the game. We all don't have ANY idea where this going to lead. Maybe players with three medium covered 5*s a maxed Bag Man an 1* Spidey and Squirrel will be more powerful and valuable for pvp than players with decent rosters. Lets see.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    now the fun part starts....

do we jump into pve on day 1 and grind just to get double progression for the 4 star
    or do we wait and hope we can get into an easy bracket for covers but hope we just dont jump too late that we cant score enough for the double progression... Then again rubberbanding almost anyone can get double. I think this past 7 day event i jumped 3 days late and scored

i know i jumped in on sunday

69,850 and that is without even playing the last day that much

max reward was 34,000 so even jumping in on the middle of the event will still give you enough time to score the 4 star
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is pretty damn cool.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Please confirm if there will be 5* essentials in PVE after the initial 3 5*s are released.

Also I understand you can only earn a 5* from Legendary tokens but can we expect a Reward Structure similar to
    1: 5*
    2-75: 4*
    76-200: 3*
    201-500: 2*

Or just restructured in general for PVE? With the added Legendary token beyond the normal end progression, 2-3* transactions will have a difficult time placing high enough to win the rewards we need.. This issue is already occurring in PVP where its difficult to place T100 due to the high end players all going for 1000 and 1300.

this is what im talking about many people who have 2 stars will end up at the end of pve events with a 2 star and 4 star (one for getting rank 151 and below) and 4 star for the progression... mostly 2 covers they cant do anything with.

if they ever added 5 star ess to PVE i say you be lucky to see them in 2016 . not enough people will have them before end of year to really push them into a requirement if the odds are as low as they say they are

top 100 get 4 star now so why would they drop it to 75

That would be alot of grinding for a 2* player to reach the legendary token.. The odds of them having both the essential 3* and 4* is slim. Most of the pts come from the essential nodes.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]You can read a transcript of the video HERE.

All I really have to add here is thank you so much for this.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for all the info, Ice. It's really good to hear that you are aware and working on roster disparity, weak characters and Iso shortage. Looking forward to the Anniversary and what will come to MPQ beyond that.
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    slidecage wrote:
    no im saying say the 2 stars cant keep up the pace with the rest of the people playing and they do get 2x progession but take 151 or lower. since people say more people will be playing PVE meaning their ranks will fall ..

Their rewards will be a 2 star and a 4 star.. i guess they could earn the 3 stars in PVP but saying it would suck not getting the 3 stars any longer in PVE...

They could fix this by making rank PVP and PVE where 3 stars and only events and 4+ What i could see them doing for the next year events.

Have you tried playing PvE that isn't a new character release? It's very easy to place well (top 10 is possible) even if you aren't able to do 1 or 2 of the essential nodes.

Just because you don't like PvE, you really shouldn't assume that other people don't like it either.

The math on how many legendary tokens can be obtained from PvE vs PvP doesn't take into account a very important factor. In PvE, you are actually able to pick up 100HP daily quite easily for non new character releases. On the other hand, in order to reach 1300, you either have to be very strong and get there with 2 or less shields or you have to be HP -ve for the PvP. Even getting there with 3 shields which cost 300HP and being in a top 50 alliance, would possibly result in -ve HP for that PvP since 1300 cannot even guarantee a top 10 personal placement these days.

Oh, and 1 more thing. By not shielding for PvP and doing well consistently in PvE, 10k of HP can be generated during a period of 3 seasons. That means you're able to get 4 covers of a 4* of your choice. Personally, this is a bigger deal compared to picking up tokens for random 4*s which may result in many that aren't needed. For the record, I do this pretty consistently though I do recognize that it isn't for everybody.

The end of PvE is much further down the road than you can comprehend. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a bad thing and you shouldn't assume that others hate it just as much.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 star characters? I don't understand why the first one wasn't Moonstone. Maybe she'll be second.
  • Punisher5784
    Moon Roach wrote:
    5 star characters? I don't understand why the first one wasn't Moonstone. Maybe she'll be second.

Good point but the special 1v1 for a 4* cover will be against a Level 800 Moonstone
  • IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    will you be able to earn the 4 star tokens in gaunlet or just pure PVP/PVEs

Also do you know

HULK PVE will the 4 star ess be Reed or will it be a random 4 star needed since gaunlet takes place after hunt
    Ultron's Gauntlet will be coming out before Silver Surfer, so no Legendary Tokens. Any future Gauntlets or Sims may well have Legendary Token prizes.

Hulk is currently set to require Goddess Thor, who is the final progression for Gauntlet.
    If the reward is her blue I'm gonna **** a brick.
  • I was waffling on buying a 42-pack of tokens from the Mr. Fantastic PVP, and this just pushed me over the edge. Clearly you have spies everywhere.

Edit: the pvp, not the PVE! I'm not a fool!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:
    Yeah, you can buy a 40-pack and get ONE. Or clear out a taco vault. That's for a single one-in-twenty chance at an epic. I sincerely hope nobody's that nuts.

What are you, joking? I guarantee you see a maxed Surfer within a month of his release. And I'm not talking about a sandbox account. Just you watch.

I'm trying to think of suitable stakes to wager you for that.
  • Punisher5784
    The fact that you cannot stun him, he gathers tons of AP and he self heals sounds insane. Surprised 5*s aren't by themselves with 4-5 abilities. Curious to see what just 1 cover can do since they said 1 cover makes him usable for ur B Team.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    People for the Inclusion of Silver Surfer approve of these plans! icon_e_smile.gif