Avengers Elite Training

Comments

• ragthor
    ragthor Posts: 74 Match Maker
    this is the last time I pay an entry fee for a tourney. I've been putting shields up and everything. evertime I win some one beats me and takes more points then I won. pissing me off I have a decent team to 122 iron man 90 gry widow and 79 spider . I'm done cutting my losses
  • Okay, have now hit the 5 hour mark with no matches above 5 points. 2nd place is within 10 points, at least 3 of the Top 10 have been active for multiple periods over the past 2 hours, and still they're not showing up in my matchmaking. I've worked so hard so far to build this rating, it's really frustrating to watch it dissipate for no good reason.
  • ragthor wrote:
    this is the last time I pay an entry fee for a tourney. I've been putting shields up and everything. evertime I win some one beats me and takes more points then I won. pissing me off I have a decent team to 122 iron man 90 gry widow and 79 spider . I'm done cutting my losses
    This is way I'm not paying into this event and why I don't play this game so much in general. I hate working so hard to get to the top teir prizes only to be attacked 3-4 time while I'm in a 3-5 min match and losing 2-4x what I gained. I'm not playing into this HP trap they have here, I need it for these over priced shields or maybe I'll just use it to finish out my 3*'s idk yet.
    sounds like I'm complaining I know but that really does make me mad. lol
  • Okay, have now hit the 5 hour mark with no matches above 5 points. 2nd place is within 10 points, at least 3 of the Top 10 have been active for multiple periods over the past 2 hours, and still they're not showing up in my matchmaking. I've worked so hard so far to build this rating, it's really frustrating to watch it dissipate for no good reason.

Please keep such reports coming.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Wow neither Jacobpc or thereck are in the top 10. Crazy.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Liaomiao wrote:
    Hmmm, not sure about this kind of tournament, just seems like a way for the people with near maxed characters to take a lot of HP from the low/mid level people entering

If it makes you feel any better, the people in the top 10 are burning through shields like crazy.

I forsee many cries of anguish when people attempt to unshield and lose 200 points.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of points and HP suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced..."
  • ragthor
    Okay, have now hit the 5 hour mark with no matches above 5 points. 2nd place is within 10 points, at least 3 of the Top 10 have been active for multiple periods over the past 2 hours, and still they're not showing up in my matchmaking. I've worked so hard so far to build this rating, it's really frustrating to watch it dissipate for no good reason.
    what team are u rolling with path? and what r u doing to be number 1?
  • You don't exactly earn HP at a very fast rate so if a lot of HP is being drained at once it'd likely lead to some sales later.

If there aren't a ton of people entering then it's better for the people who enter since the placement awards are not dependent on how many people enter. If only 100 people enter this tournament, everyone is guaranteed to make their entry fee back and then some. So, there's really no need to worry about not enough people joining from the player's point of view, because if that's actually true, it makes it very advantageous for you to enter.
  • Wow neither Jacobpc or thereck are in the top 10. Crazy.
    I have a feeling that is going to change with the nerf to boosts and overall gameplay speed
  • gobstopper wrote:
    and overall gameplay speed

Can you be more specific? I feel like i've missed something.
  • ragthor wrote:
    Okay, have now hit the 5 hour mark with no matches above 5 points. 2nd place is within 10 points, at least 3 of the Top 10 have been active for multiple periods over the past 2 hours, and still they're not showing up in my matchmaking. I've worked so hard so far to build this rating, it's really frustrating to watch it dissipate for no good reason.

I am rolling with 141 Spidey, 141 Hulk, and 141 IM40. The best team to be running in this tourney would be to swap out IM40 for GSBW, but mine is at 3 green, so is not an option for me. I'm loathe to discuss my entire strategy right now as I'm watching my lead disappear, but suffice to say for now (as Nemek did earlier) that anyone towards the top has made liberal use of shields along the way. I'll be happy to elaborate more once the event is over.
  • I imagine it to be something along the lines of look for a high point target or someone unshielded near your position. Break shield and attack/reshield. That would be the only way to move up tactically with minimal losses.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Wow neither Jacobpc or thereck are in the top 10. Crazy.
    I have a feeling that is going to change with the nerf to boosts and overall gameplay speed

Marvel Puzzle Quest (D3 Publisher)

Jan 28 16:59

Hello!

Thank you for reporting this to us, we will investigate right away!

D3Publisher Support Team

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us, visit our website at http://www.d3p.us/, or stop by our forums at http://www.d3pforums.com for more information.

Jan 28 04:18

Polkio here

Could you please check those guys. They progress way to fast imo. Their fights are up to 1 minute long . I did some calculation yesterday

jacobpc
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2606&start=120#p39313

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2606&start=140#p39370
    thereck

If they are legit that is fine but if not it would be the shame that they win Avengers Elite Training event
  • With the +3 AP change and Wolverine/Thor nerf, this gives the guy who are already high up there a huge advantage in this tournament since everyone else's ability to climb the ladder is now significantly compromised.
  • ragthor
    ragthor wrote:

I am rolling with 141 Spidey, 141 Hulk, and 141 IM40. The best team to be running in this tourney would be to swap out IM40 for GSBW, but mine is at 3 green, so is not an option for me. I'm loathe to discuss my entire strategy right now as I'm watching my lead disappear, but suffice to say for now (as Nemek did earlier) that anyone towards the top has made liberal use of shields along the way. I'll be happy to elaborate more once the event is over.
    that would be cool thank u
  • Dear Martha,

I write to you in my most desperate hour. The confederates continue to advance - their supply lines continue to provide them with 10-20 point ammunition, while I sit behind cover with no bullets. I have not been able to find a bullet in 7 hours now, and I fear that my imminent demise is at hand. Johnny Rebel has cut my lead to 15 points from 80+, and at least 3 of his compatriots are now within 50 points of my fortifications.

With bullets, I would have been able to advance my position on the hill, but as it stands now, I must watch as the sea of grey soldiers marches inexorably towards me. Most of my carefully saved resources have gone into this battle, but I do have a small cache of HP set aside to provide for you and our beautiful daughter Lizbeth. If you are reading this in time, please contact our dear friend dp3support to see if the tide of this battle can be turned, or at least made fair.

I believe in the cause that I am fighting for, but my biggest regret is that I will not be there to see our young wonder win her first Black Widow cover, or attend the fall PvE fair in the meadowgrounds with you again. My heart swells with pride and ISO to think that you will carry on my name with dignity and composure.

All my love,
    Beauregarde
  • Dear Martha,

I write to you in my most desperate hour. The confederates continue to advance - their supply lines continue to provide them with 10-20 point ammunition, while I sit behind cover with no bullets. I have not been able to find a bullet in 7 hours now, and I fear that my imminent demise is at hand. Johnny Rebel has cut my lead to 15 points from 80+, and at least 3 of his compatriots are now within 50 points of my fortifications.

With bullets, I would have been able to advance my position on the hill, but as it stands now, I must watch as the sea of grey soldiers marches inexorably towards me. Most of my carefully saved resources have gone into this battle, but I do have a small cache of HP set aside to provide for you and our beautiful daughter Lizbeth. If you are reading this in time, please contact our dear friend dp3support to see if the tide of this battle can be turned, or at least made fair.

I believe in the cause that I am fighting for, but my biggest regret is that I will not be there to see our young wonder win her first Black Widow cover, or attend the fall PvE fair in the meadowgrounds with you again. My heart swells with pride and ISO to think that you will carry on my name with dignity and composure.

All my love,
    Beauregarde

You win. Take it all.
  • how many HP has everyone spent on shields now?
  • To those that feel I'm beginning to adopt a whiny tone regarding my current state, I do apologize. I feel like I have a reputation here for taking things with an even keel, so I hope that factors in.

I'm now beginning to see seed teams in my matchmaking. Just skipped ChopStuck. By the time this is done I will have sunk half my HP bankroll into this event, and I don't know if I'm inclined to keep playing if the resources I've spent months building up and the intense effort I've put into this tourney are flushed down the toilet by this. What was initially a daunting and exciting challenge has turned into helpless ennui.

Again, my apologies, but needed to get that off my chest.
  • To those that feel I'm beginning to adopt a whiny tone regarding my current state, I do apologize. I feel like I have a reputation here for taking things with an even keel, so I hope that factors in.

I'm now beginning to see seed teams in my matchmaking. Just skipped ChopStuck. By the time this is done I will have sunk half my HP bankroll into this event, and I don't know if I'm inclined to keep playing if the resources I've spent months building up and the intense effort I've put into this tourney are flushed down the toilet by this. What was initially a daunting and exciting challenge has turned into helpless ennui.

Again, my apologies, but needed to get that off my chest.

Unfortunately for you I feel like this was the goal.