5-Star Rarity & Silver Surfer Announcement! (In-Depth)

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Philly79 wrote:
    So the same as the current 3* ddq node, correct? That would be a nice choice on the chance we don't need that cover, thanks!
    Yes, but it's a 1v1 faceoff for the most part. So no bringing in Kamala Khan and Hood to do the dirty work while Professor X hangs around and invises.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking forward to see what adversaris you have thought up for the different 4*s. One on one battles will be interesting.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I miss the downvote button.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    DarqFeonix wrote:
    The video mentioned "a lot more DDQ battles" (or something along those lines). Are these Insanely Tought4* Battles (which woo-hoo, that's what I wanted weeks ago for Reed's launch!) the only new ones, or will DDQ have a new structure in addition to the Legendary Battle?
    The former. We're adding additional battles, the ones there at current will stay the same.
    Is this one additional battle every five days the total of "a lot more battles?" I suppose it could refer to the fact that there's one for every 4*, but it will take a couple months to cycle through all of those.

Will there be any change to progression rewards and thresholds on the extra-node days?
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Not sure if this has already been asked,it does the new node for 4*s count towards the 2k ISO reward from deadpools daily?
  • IceIX
    JordonLee wrote:
    Not sure if this has already been asked,it does the new node for 4*s count towards the 2k ISO reward from deadpools daily?
    Narp.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Nice nice.

One final question..
    If someone with a poor roster lucks out and gets a 5* is their personal scaling screwed completely, or will it take the majority of the characters into account.
    (I'm scared that if I get a 5* it'll make me unable to play pve ever haha)
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    What levels can we expect for the 4* in ddq?
    Still being tweaked, but expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there, and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it.

Does that mean a 1/0/0 character might actually have a shot? I was expecting it to be balanced for needing about 7 covers, and was already preparing my heart for only being able to do it about a quarter of the time.

Related question: is there going to be something in place to keep us from using Super Whales? Because I've been saving up!
  • I'm worried about these 1:1 battles. Of course it'll be hard for some characters to win without support, but I'm more worried that in trying to win we'll need to level up mid-covered 4*'s beyond the tanking of our strong 3* characters, and increasing our scaling...actually hurting us in the rest of the normal events. Any thoughts on this?
  • IceIX
    JordonLee wrote:
    Nice nice.

One final question..
    If someone with a poor roster lucks out and gets a 5* is their personal scaling screwed completely, or will it take the majority of the characters into account.
    (I'm scared that if I get a 5* it'll make me unable to play pve ever haha)
    If you somehow have a Silver Surfer and a bunch of undeveloped 1*s, yeah, you're probably not going to be seeing level 16 enemies for long. But if you're at the point where you're actually reliably earning Legendary Tokens, it's likely to be a blip, if that.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    anyone else see this a the start of the death of PVE

figure out 3 weeks let say

7 day 4 day 3 day 7 day. = 4 pve tokens with tons of hours to play
    21 days = 9 tokens + 1 for top 100 + 1 for 10k 11 tokens

PVE will pull 4 tokens per season
    PVP can pull up to 11 tokens per season with a lot less playtime
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    So the same as the current 3* ddq node, correct? That would be a nice choice on the chance we don't need that cover, thanks!
    Yes, but it's a 1v1 faceoff for the most part. So no bringing in Kamala Khan and Hood to do the dirty work while Professor X hangs around and invises.

Are we going to be facing 5/5/5 4* in this face-off?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    Still being tweaked, but expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there, and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it.
    So basically the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

Generally we allow you to go through the Chicken Little scenarios.

Also, no, no it won't be. People are hitting well past progressions now with no incentive to do so. No reason they're going to stop.
  • slidecage
    Cyclopes wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    So basically the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker.

wait a few months and then see Tons of 4 stars max covered whats the chance of winning pvp then, that is unless you want to pay to win
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

No, I see it as a way to push more people back into pve, anyone that wants legendary tokens will earn every one they can get
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

No, I see it as a way to push more people back into pve, anyone that wants legendary tokens will earn every one they can get

Exactly. I only just got off the "play every PvE because I like HP and Iso" treadmill. This will get me back on it, because I'm going to like Legendary tokens.
  • I was going to get excited about this 4* DDQ thing. But then they said that it's basically going to be impossible for anyone with a primarily 3* roster. I mean I have plenty of 4* characters. But the only ones with a cover in every color are xforce/thoress/fury and none of them are significant at this point. Everyone else has one or two covers at best. I can't get covers at this point in PVP. I cap out at 800. So I was hoping that this would help me transition well into having more 4*s but that's obviously not the case.

For top end PVP players this is certainly good news. But for people like me, it basically means, either you spend money or you get nowhere in this game. I guess that's how it's always been though hasn't it?
  • slidecage
    edited September 2015
    slidecage wrote:

Generally we allow you to go through the Chicken Little scenarios.

Also, no, no it won't be. People are hitting well past progressions now with no incentive to do so. No reason they're going to stop.

think about it though..

A season of grinding in PVE will get you 4 tokens
    that same time will get you up to 11 tokens just playing PVP with a lot less time.

and just think in 15 seasons you could have all the 4 stars max covered AHHHHHHHHHHHHH what will we do then icon_e_smile.gif it be just in time for 6 star rank WOOOOO icon_e_smile.gif

and think say going to pull these numbers out of the air

50,000 you get a token for one of these 4/5 stars with 2 days left in the event. how many people are going to keep grinding ... ALSO are you really telling me your going to grind away in a 7 day event for a 3 star when you hit the 2x progression you get a 4 star. Many will get that 4 star and go BLAH im not longer playing for a 3 star...

they will see the massive drop off and think maybe we no longer need PVE... I say this is the start of ending reward based pve what im sort of cool with

They really need to do
    50,000 3 star cover
    70,000 2nd 3 star cover
    90,000 3rd 3 star cover
    100,000 4/5 star token

If they did this with PVE i be cool with that
  • I really like the 1v1 idea.

2 questions:

Any chance that we can get a 1v1, 2v2, and keep the 3v3 for PvP? Have them be different so people can pick which one they participate in.

What do you get from selling a 5*?