5-Star Rarity & Silver Surfer Announcement! (In-Depth)

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I think the important part is that you can't buy 5* covers once you have them. Unlike the 4*s, where you just win one or two of each and then you can max your covers for just over the price of a legendary token.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    How big a bump to the 4* drop rate in heroic tokens are we going to see at the start of Season XIX?
    Not yet set, expect an answer closer to season start.
  • IceIX
    Jathro wrote:
    So the Epic rarity is higher than the Legendary rarity. Every WoW player worth their salt knows it's the other way around.
    Wait, that means 6*s are Artifacts? 6* Ornithopter Confirmed!
  • Buret0
    Mawtful wrote:
    Probably first week.
    Even though it's a 5% chance, any 5* cover they pull will be for Surfer, so this is the one time that there's less RNG to fight against.

"$960 worth of legendary packs just to get better odds than not of getting a single cover."

I'm still thinking someone with way too much money is going to buy enough 40 packs to get a few covers, but when you are looking at buying $12,480 just to give yourself better odds than not of getting 13 covers... and no guarantee that you are even going to get the right covers... well, I stand by my college tuition comment.
  • Buret0
    IceIX wrote:
    Jathro wrote:
    So the Epic rarity is higher than the Legendary rarity. Every WoW player worth their salt knows it's the other way around.
    Wait, that means 6*s are Artifacts? 6* Ornithopter Confirmed!

3rd Edition Juggernaut confirmed?
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2015
    What levels can we expect for the 4* in ddq?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will 5* characters be buffed on release or in the regular buffing schedule?
  • IceIX
    Philly79 wrote:
    Still being tweaked, but expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there, and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are the deadpool battles 4* vs 4*?
  • IceIX
    DayvBang wrote:
    Will 5* characters be buffed on release or in the regular buffing schedule?
    Not at launch. They come out of the gate as a usable 255 and only get stronger from there.
  • Will there be any chance of a 5* (however slim it will be) in a Standard Token, like there is a slim chance of a 4* now? Similarly, in Heroic Tokens?

Or will the upcoming Legendary Tokens be the only tokens with a %chance to pull a 5*?
  • Philly79
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    Still being tweaked, but expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there, and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it.

Will it be a required 4* or just throw your best team at it? Thanks for the fast reply also, you must be refreshing every 2 seconds lol
  • Buret0
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:

Sounds to me like I'll finally have an opportunity to play those % match damage boosts. I'm sitting on 100 of those things.
  • Philly79
    xequalsy wrote:
    Will there be any chance of a 5* (however slim it will be) in a Standard Token, like there is a slim chance of a 4* now? Similarly, in Heroic Tokens?

Or will the upcoming Legendary Tokens be the only tokens with a %chance to pull a 5*?

Probably 0.0000000000000000001% chance lol
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    The video mentioned "a lot more DDQ battles" (or something along those lines). Are these Insanely Tought4* Battles (which woo-hoo, that's what I wanted weeks ago for Reed's launch!) the only new ones, or will DDQ have a new structure in addition to the Legendary Battle?
  • IceIX
    xequalsy wrote:
    Will there be any chance of a 5* (however slim it will be) in a Standard Token, like there is a slim chance of a 4* now? Similarly, in Heroic Tokens?

Nope. Legendary Tokens are the sole outlet for 5*s for now.
  • IceIX
    Philly79 wrote:
    Will it be a required 4* or just throw your best team at it? Thanks for the fast reply also, you must be refreshing every 2 seconds lol
    A different required 4* every rotation.
  • IceIX
    DarqFeonix wrote:
    The video mentioned "a lot more DDQ battles" (or something along those lines). Are these Insanely Tought4* Battles (which woo-hoo, that's what I wanted weeks ago for Reed's launch!) the only new ones, or will DDQ have a new structure in addition to the Legendary Battle?
    The former. We're adding additional battles, the ones there at current will stay the same.
  • Philly79
    edited September 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    A different required 4* every rotation.

So the same as the current 3* ddq node, correct? That would be a nice choice on the chance we don't need that cover, thanks!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    mindsuckr wrote:
    What is the progression level going to be for PVE event's reward token? 2 times current top progression? 3x? 4x? 5x?
    Depends largely on the PVE. 2x progression in some is simple, really hard in others.

ummm i have yet to meet any PVE that 2x progression was not doable.. I will admit this good way to force people who dont want to play PVE to play..

This token is given out in every PVE

am i really interested not really. then again 4 months ago i could not see deadpool lasting so maybe in 4 months i will be intersted.

I do see major problems with this though. So this is coming a pay to win. those who can get 10k in season or 1300 or whatever in PVP gets a token. Meaning if they get lucky and can stockpile the 5 stars they can then just walk on the smaller fries in PVP...

PVP is going to have to change and change super fast i mean Whats the point in playing PVP in 2 to 3 months when your going to be facing nothing but max out 4 stars.

maybe make 2 PVPS one where nothing higher then a 3 star can be used and another one where you can use up to 5 stars . Sorry but if in a few months the PVP turns into nothing but max out 4 star teams Im done with PVP.

unless there are new PVP and PVE features ( nothing higher in 3 stars can be used) i can see this becoming a major problem in a few months..

Just think someone new comes into this game in DEC before they would only have to put up with people with max 2 and 3 stars and a few covers in 4 stars... Now they will face MAX 4 stars and 5 stars sorry but that is going to scare a lot of people away very very quicly

might as well Kill rewards for PVE i mean fight fight fight fight for 4 star for days and maybe get lucky and win, or just fight to progession and get the 4 star from the pack.. Somthing makes me think this is the start of the end of rewards in PVE

again maybe after i start playing it i will love it but how it sounds its going to crush the newbies