5-Star Rarity & Silver Surfer Announcement! (In-Depth)

Comments

• hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2015
    so one 5* per month over the next couple, is that in addition to 2 new 4* a month or do these 5* replace one 4* each month?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    IceIX wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    So how much Iso to level the 5*'s?
    ~550K to max level. That being said, since you can't just buy abilities you're not going to be dropping 550 all at once.

$840 (plus tax) to buy 546K ISO.

I can't imagine how many stark salaries and Mother Lodes someone is going to buy just to be the first one with a maxed Surfer.

16,000 HP per 40 pack or 7,000 HP to buy 40 vault covers (and 1,000 to reset when you get the legendary token)... that gets you a 5% chance at a single cover. So you are looking at needing to buy about $960 worth of legendary packs just to get better odds than not of getting a single cover.

Well, at least you would have a whole ton of covers to sell. For the price of a semester of college, you too can have a maxed out Silver Surfer. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kind of a sad moment really. Because now my 3*s feel less valuable, and just as I was levelling them up to be a formiddable team. Now 3*s feel a bit like 2*s, nice to have but pointless pouring ISO into them because the 4*s are where it's at now.

Still, if there's a new way to get a ton of ISO...this kinda feels like WoW. Come back for the new expansion and we'll auto level you to level 70 to get ou started grinding for the new cap of 90. New players need not waste time, they just need to do...whatever for the ton of ISO and their progress is accellerated.

I hope this is the start of not just new characters (something MPQ has never had an issue with) but also new story modes.
    As I've said before, I'm not demanding new and exciting ways to play with every new story mode. You don't need to think up an Ultron or a Survival Node style update for every new story. Just ANY new stories would be nice. Do a new storyline with survival nodes or something, it seems a shame to have new characters who are just images and move sets, no actual personality because they never talk or interact with one another in the game.

Basically what I'm saying is gimme a Thoress storyline because she's my favourite ¬¬
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    How many Legendary Tokens are in a Legendary Pack?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    Any plans to address the billion ISO shortfall we already have with the current 4*s?
    Concepts and ideas, yes. Nothing ready to go right this second. It's most definitely on our radar though.
    Good to know you guys are still putting the cart in front of the horse

And please put something between 1-1.3k
  • Just want to get people's opinions on this. Part of me thinks it's new and exciting, but this could be the kind of thing that ruins the game

Mod Note:
    This post and posts responding to this topic were merged into the announcement thread. Please keep all discussion of Silver Surfer in this thread until a character thread has been posted. Thank you!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    How many Legendary Tokens are in a Legendary Pack?
    One token opens one pack, which contains one comic cover.
  • Just to be clear, you can't buy Legendary tokens with HP. Whales can't whale em.
  • IceIX
    fmftint wrote:
    It's fine, our horse is wearing an Oculus Rift hooked up to some cameras showing where the cart's going. So we get where we're going anyway and look darned stylish doing it.
  • They say that it won't take many covers to be as strong as a maxed out 4 star. How powerful will they be maxed out?
    It sounds like you will only be able to get covers by being extremely lucky, and not able to purchase extra covers. I like the idea of not being able to buy him, but at the same time makes me worried about how powerful he will be
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, you can buy a 40-pack and get ONE. Or clear out a taco vault. That's for a single one-in-twenty chance at an epic. I sincerely hope nobody's that nuts.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    So the Epic rarity is higher than the Legendary rarity. Every WoW player worth their salt knows it's the other way around.
  • misterx112
    misterx112 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Great, so instead of addressing some problems such as ISO. You have chosen to add to it.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, you can buy a 40-pack and get ONE. Or clear out a taco vault. That's for a single one-in-twenty chance at an epic. I sincerely hope nobody's that nuts.

What are you, joking? I guarantee you see a maxed Surfer within a month of his release. And I'm not talking about a sandbox account. Just you watch.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    It's fine, our horse is wearing an Oculus Rift hooked up to some cameras showing where the cart's going. So we get where we're going anyway and look darned stylish doing it.

IceIX I just repped you on this. Can I get a legendary token please icon_e_biggrin.gif

If you act now I will go and rep another comment of yours. Act now, time is limited.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Just to be clear, you can't buy Legendary tokens with HP. Whales can't whale em.

Except you can. You get one every time you buy a 40 pack and there is going to be one in the Deadpool vault.
  • IceIX
    IceIX I just repped you on this. Can I get a legendary token please icon_e_biggrin.gif

If you act now I will go and rep another comment of yours. Act now, time is limited.
    >GIVETOKEN TOKEN_LEGENDARY_1X ITSTIME1234
    ERROR: TOKEN NOT FOUND

Ahh. Not implemented yet. Sorry, I tried!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:

What are you, joking? I guarantee you see a maxed Surfer within a month of his release. And I'm not talking about a sandbox account. Just you watch.

Probably first week.
    Even though it's a 5% chance, any 5* cover they pull will be for Surfer, so this is the one time that there's less RNG to fight against.
  • IceIX
    Mawtful wrote:
    Probably first week.
    Even though it's a 5% chance, any 5* cover they pull will be for Surfer, so this is the one time that there's less RNG to fight against.
    True, but when you hit 5 in any given color, any newly pulled cover is "wasted" for purposes of full covering. And you need the correct ones for your build. So that's an additional unknown number you'd have to pull.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    How big a bump to the 4* drop rate in heroic tokens are we going to see at the start of Season XIX?