When defending in PvP how are characters chosen?

I'm just curious how the game chooses which of your characters are used when defending in PvP? For example, in the current 1 star tournament, I have 7+ level one characters but only 4 or 5 of them are any good. If I play PvP with Iron Man, Storm & Venom but then go play some PvE and use some other characters, how does the game know which of my 7+ 1 star characters to use when defending? Does it just use the last group of characters I used in PvP?

Comments

• I was wondering that myself because occasionally if I am up against a lower leveled PvP team I may use by B squad but I would prefer to defend with my A team.
  • hogunner wrote:
    I'm just curious how the game chooses which of your characters are used when defending in PvP? For example, in the current 1 star tournament, I have 7+ level one characters but only 4 or 5 of them are any good. If I play PvP with Iron Man, Storm & Venom but then go play some PvE and use some other characters, how does the game know which of my 7+ 1 star characters to use when defending? Does it just use the last group of characters I used in PvP?

Yes, it's supposed to use the last team you used in PvP. Would be great if there was an option to set whatever team you wanted for defense, though.
  • tac194 wrote:
    I was wondering that myself because occasionally if I am up against a lower leveled PvP team I may use by B squad but I would prefer to defend with my A team.

I learned to stop using my B team because when I do that and it gets into the system, that's when I get mobbed with people attacking me and I drop a ton of points.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Furiated wrote:
    I learned to stop using my B team because when I do that and it gets into the system, that's when I get mobbed with people attacking me and I drop a ton of points.

Generally there's not much time I can keep a B team going, so what I usually do is flip back to my (near dead) A team afterwards and smack someone that I'll beat on the second fight. That resets the defense team to my A team and I only lose a couple rating points by beating that team on the second go. That way my B team isn't out for long enough to get anyone other than maybe a luckily timed matchup. Definitely understand wanting to be able to set a defensive team so there's no workaround needed, but this method has worked alright in my case.
  • Bottomline is, each different tournament should allow a separate team. For example, you don't want one star characters to be used in the prologue shield tournament as well, but that is what happens.