X-Men's Rogue

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited August 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Obviously, she's strong and can fly. She can stun people and hit hard. She can ability mooch, but can't always control it.

She's always drawn all, tilted hips and ****, but she's a troubled character with a bit of a wild side. Here's why she'd rock.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Rogue ( X-Men Legacy) 9250 HPs.
500px-X-Men_Legacy_Vol_1_266.jpg

redflag.png Dive Bomb. 9 AP.
250px-RogueCoverv3.jpg
Rogue flies up and plunges fist forward, dealing flat damage plus destroying all team-ups. when fully covered, the team-up damage hurts the entire enemy team. ~3200 dmg to the primary target, and at max level or fully covered, 150 per team-up destroyed.

purpleflag.png Skin-to-skin PASSIVE.
Rogue.jpg
Hitting Rogue means going skin-to-skin, which is bad for your health. Whenever match damage is done to rogue, lose one random AP.
At max level (fully covered), lose one of two random AP whenever Rogue is dealt match damage and stun that enemy one turn and GAIN AP.

yellowflag.png Gloves off 11 AP.
4fcced85caf25.jpg
Rogue deals light damage and leeching enemy abilities. This stuns Rogue and the enemy one turn, before firing off one random ability from the enemy at zero cost.

This is a reverse Fastball Special. Rogue often dizzies, or staggers when she saps someone's abilities. The best way to keep it from being broken is to stun them both, and get a free ability next turn. Covers in this ability determine the strength and the duration of the stuns.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not much to add here, except, Excellent work! This pretty much captures her in all her glory.

With the AP drain on match damage when she is in front, she would have to have HP like Loki or Hood , so you HAVE to get rid of her first!

I like the reverse fastball special. Do we get to pick who we leech??
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Not much to add here, except, Excellent work! This pretty much captures her in all her glory.

With the AP drain on match damage when she is in front, she would have to have HP like Loki or Hood , so you HAVE to get rid of her first!

Absolutely a Loki-like drain, except instantaneous. You can't avoid losing AP to her with abilities. And it's one AP loss per color, or it's broken powerful.

You certainly get to choose whose face you touch, so yeah. You can choose whose ability you fire off.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Absolutely a Loki-like drain, except instantaneous. You can't avoid losing AP to her with abilities. And it's one AP loss per color, or it's broken powerful.

You certainly get to choose whose face you touch, so yeah. You can choose whose ability you fire off.

This is the first Rogue set i have seen, that matches her comic abilities perfectly. Have seen a couple others (yes, even mine was bad) that focused only on the MCU Rogue and the ability leech.

/upvote (since it won't let me), someone forward this one to the devs for implementation.

And that skin to skin picture you chose... does things...
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    This is the first Rogue set i have seen, that matches her comic abilities perfectly.

DEVS. IMPLEMENT THIS!
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    This is the first Rogue set i have seen, that matches her comic abilities perfectly.

DEVS. IMPLEMENT THIS!

/upvote! This should be moved to a general poll now!
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm going to be a party pooper, and say that she has too many HP, if she's going to have that passive AP drain ability, if we go by the template by which the AP stealers seem to be built by in the game. Really well thought out skill set, though.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    I'm going to be a party pooper, and say that she has too many HP, if she's going to have that passive AP drain ability, if we go by the template by which the AP stealers seem to be built by in the game. Really well thought out skill set, though.

She's muscular, man. She took the powers of Captain Marvel, and that's why she can fly. Look at the way they designed Carol, be it 2* or 3*, or even Kamala.

Rogue is no Loki. That's why she's such a threat. She's Captain America-grade durable, at least in terms of this game. She doesn't have hard skin. She wouldn't generate protect tiles.

The stun is her defense mechanism. And you'd have to max it out. Maybe she gets 8250 like Blade. But the reason she is hard to take down is because you can't physically touch her. You have to use an optic blast on her. You HAVE to throw something at her. otherwise, you just get optic blasted back.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I visit this thread just to see that skin to skin pic you chose.

As for her HP, that is what i was saying in an earlier post, she needs HP like Loki or Hood, in the comics she tends to go unconscious about as much as Garth does in SPN.

Lower the HP to 6k and she is perfect.

now, back to that picture...

"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way"
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

As for her HP, that is what i was saying in an earlier post, she needs HP like Loki or Hood, in the comics she tends to go unconscious about as much as Garth does in SPN.

No way, man. No less than 7650.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

No way, man. No less than 7650.

Sounds like a decent compromise. The reason i am going back on the low HP is this.. Hood and Loki have NO DOWNSIDES, so nothing they do can hurt them in any way. Rogue takes some self damage and self stun, so yah 7650 sounds about right for her.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Edited to include a fantastic cover. It depicts her strengths without being ****.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    She's muscular, man. She took the powers of Captain Marvel, and that's why she can fly. Look at the way they designed Carol, be it 2* or 3*, or even Kamala.

Rogue is no Loki. That's why she's such a threat. She's Captain America-grade durable, at least in terms of this game. She doesn't have hard skin. She wouldn't generate protect tiles.

The stun is her defense mechanism. And you'd have to max it out. Maybe she gets 8250 like Blade. But the reason she is hard to take down is because you can't physically touch her. You have to use an optic blast on her. You HAVE to throw something at her. otherwise, you just get optic blasted back.

I definitely won't argue with you about her durability in terms of her portrayal in the comics. It's more in terms of MPQ game balance. 7650 sounds like a good compromise, though.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Edited to include a fantastic cover. It depicts her strengths without being ****.

No touching the Skin to Skin art though ok???

For the first time ever.. i diagree on the cover you chose now that you changed it. she is a girl, pulling another girls hair... touch cliche.

what about something like this?

bf232372187476bd5b8146e467fa85dc_l.jpg

?
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great set! The Devs will have a hard time beating this.

I've been waiting for Rogue ever since Colossus was released. I mean, that code is really there for Rouge, right? Right?

Anyway, "skin-to-skin" was an unexpected mechanic and I gotta say, it's inspired. The best and most interesting power of the set, IMO. I really like that it would go from "cute" with 3 opponents to all out "game ending" by the time you are down to one.

Stuns, like healing, are underrated. Kamala Khan's passive made healing awesome. This Rouge could make 1-turn stuns uncanny.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Shall we make a poll in gen-pop about this one so devs really take notice?

really just came back to visit that skin to skin pic again... i am a terrible human being.. been married way too long lol.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    Looks like an excellent character. I agree with Mal that the skin-to-skin picture is worth multiple visits.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Dive bomb.......I guess I got the wrong character with hat name. This makes two abilities I named.

The other was contract kill.