**** Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) **** Updated (1/10/19)

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isay_Isay wrote:
    So does Black stack as well? The skill description says "and increase the duration of these tiles by 1."

I'm taking it to mean, if you make a RGY match the CD timer gets 1 added to it, so it could be out indefinitely in theory, although not likely.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I meant can more than one of his Black tiles be out at one time? Vision explicitly states the previous countdown tile is removed, but with Mystique it wasn't as clear.

18 Black for 1600+ damage on RGY matches would be fun
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Black--underrated. (do people realize that and RGY match prolongs this?) this is essentially a color specific strike tile, I like it

I think people are getting hung up on the Vision like aspect of it, not realizing that he doesn't even have to tank these colors to get the extra damage. LThor definitely seems like he would be a good pairing in 3* realm.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I personally look at this guy and think...

Jesus, forget the minor green bonus (though it helps with HT)...

I wanna pair this guy with Sentry and Daken.

Please, opponent, save yourself from my World Rupture.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Black--underrated. (do people realize that and RGY match prolongs this?) this is essentially a color specific strike tile, I like it

I think people are getting hung up on the Vision like aspect of it, not realizing that he doesn't even have to tank these colors to get the extra damage. LThor definitely seems like he would be a good pairing in 3* realm.

Reed is ultra low threat and when he's the last man standing he'll suck because the AI won't actively try to match those colors. He will match away his own special tiles before going after the buffed colors other than looking for 4 matches and cascades.

Blue is mediocre, yellow is pretty bad, black is pretty good when controlled by a player. I think Vision is better.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am another who is disappointed that not a single member of the Fantastic Four can use Purple, meaning that there is NO combination of the 4 of them on a single team that would cover the rainbow!

I suggested it ages ago that Reed should have featured Blue, Black, and Purple (I also suggested that Thing should have featured Red, Yellow, and Purple.) Had Reed & Ben used Purple (in place of Reed's Yellow & Ben's Green), any combination of the FF would have covered the full rainbow!

All of my work for naught.
  • dkffiv
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    I am another who is disappointed that not a single member of the Fantastic Four can use Purple, meaning that there is NO combination of the 4 of them on a single team that would cover the rainbow!

I suggested it ages ago that Reed should have featured Blue, Black, and Purple (I also suggested that Thing should have featured Red, Yellow, and Purple.) Had Reed & Ben used Purple (in place of Reed's Yellow & Ben's Green), any combination of the FF would have covered the full rainbow!

Franklin will come along eventually
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Franklin will come along eventually

What about Bag-Man? Fantastic Four costume, purple power...I'm just sayin'.
  • Reed needs a forum Icon. <_<
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Isay_Isay wrote:
    So does Black stack as well? The skill description says "and increase the duration of these tiles by 1."

I'm taking it to mean, if you make a RGY match the CD timer gets 1 added to it, so it could be out indefinitely in theory, although not likely.
    This is the debate then is the extra 2 covers in black worth the extra 300 damage and 1 extra initial CD? Yellow at 5 brings a huge health boost and blue in 5 gives a longer stun. There is not much difference between 3-5 black. The problem with yellow is you need special tiles on the board and it only true heals him.
    I think 5,3,5 is overall the best build with only 1 FF member and 1 special tile generator like Blade, Daken, Carnage. Actually Carnage, Thing would be a strong pairing as Carnage attack tiles would heal Reed when matched and give Green for Thing. A lot of overlap with red green powers though
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Argument against maxing yellow: It only heals Mr. Fantastic, it relies on the AI's choice of tile matches to proc so it's unreliable as all hell, it relies on having somebody other than Reed to generate friendly special tiles, the AP gains are the same at level 1 or level 5.

Argument against maxing black: the lifespan of the countdown depends way more on how much RGY you can match rather than its starting timer; ideally, as with Espionage, most of the damage from Imaginaut will come from doubling up strike tiles than its own native damage.
  • dkffiv
    You can have 2 Imaginauts up at a time and their timers both go up on match (can go up multiple times due to cascades) but the +dmg is only applied once.

Reed Carnage Ant-Man is very effective, tried various teams with Torch and they aren't great (Antman, Falcon, CMag).

Black is really good as expected, blue is decent (feels worse than 4hor's), yellow is meh. I don't see a reason to go 5 covers in yellow, either you're using him with people who spam tiles and you're getting constant heals or you're playing him with characters who produce so few special tiles that you can't count on the heal anyway.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    dkffiv wrote:
    You can have 2 Imaginauts up at a time and their timers both go up on match (can go up multiple times due to cascades) but the +dmg is only applied once.

Reed Carnage Ant-Man is very effective, tried various teams with Torch and they aren't great (Antman, Falcon, CMag).

Black is really good as expected, blue is decent (feels worse than 4hor's), yellow is meh. I don't see a reason to go 5 covers in yellow, either you're using him with people who spam tiles and you're getting constant heals or you're playing him with characters who produce so few special tiles that you can't count on the heal anyway.

Any chance you can make a video of that team in action? Also, whats your Ant-Man build?
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    They changed the name of his blue to flexibility and that makes me sad.
  • JordonLee wrote:
    They changed the name of his blue to flexibility and that makes me sad.
    We can't win 'em all....after all Squirrel Girl used to confirm every Marvel character was wearing pants icon_cry.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:

So if you cast it twice just one do damage? Then for me me RR is oficially one of the worst 4s icon_e_sad.gif

I dont see any situation where this tile could be better than a strike tile, and there are A LOT of chars that put 800+ strike tiles on the board. And then all this strike tile abilities can be cast any number of times, but this one just 'once'. Really bad design decision, they should accumulate
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It works exactly like Espionage, meaning you get double strike tile effects from R/G/Y matches. If you need a reminder of how "useless" that is, just take OBW and Patch into PvE sometime.
  • Polares
    It works exactly like Espionage, meaning you get double strike tile effects from R/G/Y matches. If you need a reminder of how "useless" that is, just take OBW and Patch into PvE sometime.

But espionage is free, it is a passive, you dont need to pay 9AP for it, so it makes sense that it can not stack. Now tell me, what is more efective espionage + berseker rage or 2 berseker rage (not counting damage and enemy strike tiles), which also affect attack tiles and powers. And if instead of 2 it is 3?

It is really unfortunate that we can use more than one at the same time
  • dkffiv

OBW punisher is better, giving the enemy team strike tiles and having obw tank gets her killed fast.

In practice it's extremely difficult to get 2 up at once, 18 black is a ton. Had to save up to test, doubt it would happen in normal situations.
  • Polares
    dkffiv wrote:

OBW punisher is better, giving the enemy team strike tiles and having obw tank gets her killed fast.

In practice it's extremely difficult to get 2 up at once, 18 black is a ton. Had to save up to test, doubt it would happen in normal situations.

It is not super easy, but it is not that difficult because you dont need to wait, you play one and if you are smart (and a bit lucky) you can keep adding turns to the clock while you also do 3 match-3 (or use doom or IF) and then cast the second one.