Avengers Elite Training

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Phantron wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Liaomiao wrote:
    Hmmm, not sure about this kind of tournament, just seems like a way for the people with near maxed characters to take a lot of HP from the low/mid level people entering

If it makes you feel any better, the people in the top 10 are burning through shields like crazy.

I forsee many cries of anguish when people attempt to unshield and lose 200 points.

Everybody is playing super tight to the chest, but that's certainly possible.
  • I keep getting stuck in long stretches where all opponents are offering 0-3 points. I've even seen seed teams in my matchups. These stretches have lasted for an hour or more several times over the last day. This has me verrrry nervous. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • I keep getting stuck in long stretches where all opponents are offering 0-3 points. I've even seen seed teams in my matchups. These stretches have lasted for an hour or more several times over the last day. This has me verrrry nervous. Is anyone else experiencing this?

To be fair, you're in first place and the majority of people near you are shielded which takes them out of the MMR pool.
  • hah. i was up around 650 points and then i went off for half an hour and now i'm down to 414. ouch.
  • jozier wrote:
    I keep getting stuck in long stretches where all opponents are offering 0-3 points. I've even seen seed teams in my matchups. These stretches have lasted for an hour or more several times over the last day. This has me verrrry nervous. Is anyone else experiencing this?

To be fair, you're in first place and the majority of people near you are shielded which takes them out of the MMR pool.

True that, I'm not crying foul at all. Just curious if others near the top are running into the same barrier. I'm not expecting 20+ point matches (they don't exist for me), but I was consistently seeing 9-13 pt. matches until these anomalous matching patches hit. There should still be people in the 400-600 pt. range showing up in my matchmaking, but all my matches are against people 250 and below.
  • Nemek
    I haven't had that issue with super low opponents. Most of the opponents I see on random skips are in the 400s range.

I mostly just queue up people in the top 10 that have their shields down, though. (And then hit them a few hours later or whatever, with a couple exceptions.)
  • Yep, going on close to 3 hours now, and many in the Top 10 have unshielded and pushed during that time frame., including Josemartins in 2nd who is only 70 pts. behind me. If it's an intentional mechanic to keep the race for first interesting I'll gladly work within the system, but I haven't experienced this in any other tourney since the PvP changes went through, and for some of those I had much larger point margins.

For now, I suppose it's skip-city and rooting for the mob!
  • For the curious, I've a tank team in this tourney till I decide to compete later, and so I'm at 34 points, and there are currently more than 6275 players total.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    For the curious, I've a tank team in this tourney till I decide to compete later, and so I'm at 34 points, and there are currently more than 6275 players total.

...so glad I opted out of this.
  • Yea, I toyed with the idea of joining with 5 hours left and then playing hard until I could throw up a 3 hour shield. But with thousands of people trying to compete for the top 100 to earn their HP back, that doesn't seem like a great idea.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    For the curious, I've a tank team in this tourney till I decide to compete later, and so I'm at 34 points, and there are currently more than 6275 players total.

Geez thats at least 1,882,500hp in entry fees or $9,412 at the highest point pack rate.
  • Oh, if anyone sees me out with the tank team in place, please do hit me. Lower I go, the better at the moment lol I'm curious to see how many people actually join.
  • Top8Gamer wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:

Geez thats at least 1,882,500hp in entry fees or $9,412 at the highest point pack rate.

Heck of a way for them to deflate the HP pool
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Top8Gamer wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:

Heck of a way for them to deflate the HP pool

Yea the prize pool includes 95,000hp in prizes so yea that's a lot of hp out of the system.
  • It's a shame that prize pools can't be more elastic based on the amount of entries. You would think it could be easy to code in a simple formula.

I predict some major meltdowns at the end of this one ...
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    It's a shame that prize pools can't be more elastic based on the amount of entries. You would think it could be easy to code in a simple formula.

I agree, although it's tough to entice the first few people into the pool (if the pool charged you money) without a meaty HP number on the boards to draw them. Maybe they could do a minimum prize pool amount for the boards, and then dynamically update upwards as the number of entries grows? The risk/reward curve for this one is really steep.
  • Nemek
    Top8Gamer wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:

Yeah, that's like...a month's salary for a developer? Doesn't sound too unreasonable.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Top8Gamer wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:

Yeah, that's like...a month's salary for a developer? Doesn't sound too unreasonable.

Especially when you consider that a substantial percentage of that HP was probably earned rather than bought - net gain in dollars to the devs isn't going to be huge on this one.

Edit: There is also the HP drained from shield purchases to consider, but again, factoring in earned vs. bought they're probably not raking it in on this one.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Top8Gamer wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:

Especially when you consider that a substantial percentage of that HP was probably earned rather than bought - net gain in dollars to the devs isn't going to be huge on this one.

From an accounting stand point I've doubt they have even broke even yet. They will probably break even after the 1st 3-4 tournaments and then start making a profit. I don't know their exact expenses associated with the specific tourney so obviously it could be less, but it could also be a lot more. We don't have nearly enough info to try to make many financial observations.
  • Yea I wasn't trying to imply they made a lot of money. Just an interesting statistic to chew on.