*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    really in any build her green should at least be max because the team damage it does for the cost is insane, its basically BP's rage of the panther for only 318 less damage but w/o the huge drawback of feeding the enemy 5 AP of their strongest color and of course this drawback to it: [Strongest color is the color that has highest damage rating during scoring. If there are more than one color of the same power damage, the enemy will gain 5 AP for that one as well.]

RoTP you gotta be little careful with, ES you can just fire and enjoy the damage which leads me to wanting to max her purple to capitalize on it since its like a thunderstrike you can slightly control with the 1 tile and only be 1 green tile short of a thunderstrike all for the sweet cost of 8 purple.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm definitely building towards 3/5/5. The green is indeed insane for the cost and maxing purple obviously feeds that and can also cause cascades while doing it.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    I ran for months with 5-3-5 because that's how the covers fell for me. Good for using Kamala as purple and yellow tank. Usually her heal at five is too much and quite often I would end up a match fully recovered. If it was true heal there would be value on that.

Then last week I finally got two purple covers, switched to 3-5-5 and my Kamala turned into a powerhouse. Her purple not only feeds you green but can be used to remove the AI needed colour. Casting green twice or even three times in a match is not unusual when facing big fat whaled four star toons and it's only possible thanks to her purple.
  • Omega Red wrote:
    I ran for months with 5-3-5 because that's how the covers fell for me. Good for using Kamala as purple and yellow tank. Usually her heal at five is too much and quite often I would end up a match fully recovered. If it was true heal there would be value on that.

Then last week I finally got two purple covers, switched to 3-5-5 and my Kamala turned into a powerhouse. Her purple not only feeds you green but can be used to remove the AI needed colour. Casting green twice or even three times in a match is not unusual when facing big fat whaled four star toons and it's only possible thanks to her purple.
    Exactly same as me. Ran 535 due to cover distribution for some time, maxed her out. Then purple covers started raining, swaped to 355...and now I rarely don't see huge green blobs thrice a match.

With her buffed now it became ridiculous. Paired her with cMags and did a personal best of 1245 on blind justice (slept over the end, planned to break shield). A hop against two fistbuster teams ended with DD taking about 3k damage total, not even a pack worth of damage.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Is it worth building 2 Kamalas? Mine is at 5/5/3 because that's how the covers landed for me, but 3/5/5 is considered the best build. I really like yellow and purple at 5, but 5 green is pretty attractive too.
  • Cymmina wrote:
    Is it worth building 2 Kamalas? Mine is at 5/5/3 because that's how the covers landed for me, but 3/5/5 is considered the best build. I really like yellow and purple at 5, but 5 green is pretty attractive too.

Cym. I keep duplicates of the most useful 3*s to help me grind PVE. I consider KK to be one of those "duplicate worthy" characters.

marc
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

Exactly same as me. Ran 535 due to cover distribution for some time, maxed her out. Then purple covers started raining, swaped to 355...and now I rarely don't see huge green blobs thrice a match.

With her buffed now it became ridiculous. Paired her with cMags and did a personal best of 1245 on blind justice (slept over the end, planned to break shield). A hop against two fistbuster teams ended with DD taking about 3k damage total, not even a pack worth of damage.
    she works both ways, ofc this game values offense more than anything
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    553 and 355 Kamala have such different uses that they're almost different characters; I don't keep duplicates but if I were going to build one, it would be her.
  • 553 and 355 Kamala have such different uses that they're almost different characters; I don't keep duplicates but if I were going to build one, it would be her.
    exactly...its pretty amazing
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    best 3 star ever?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    best 3 star ever?

*cough*. . .iron fist!. . .*cough*

Probably top 5 though. . .
  • jimstarooney
    Vhailorx wrote:
    best 3 star ever?

iron fist has 1 top tier move in his locker
    kk has 3
    iron fists best ability is normally used to accelerate other big hitters
    kk accelerates herself and keeps teammates in the fight
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:

I think so ... but I also have 20 dupes icon_lol.gif May not be the most objective choice. I can see having a 553 and a 355.

I am. I've got 1 2* dupe (OBW), 21 3* dupes and 7 4* dupes. Mine was at 4/5/4 and I decided to go with 5/5/3 for support, as I'd use her more in PVE than PVP, and it'd be quicker to finish the main before working on the dupe the way that covers were landing. The 5/5/3 is already completed whereas a 3/5/5 wouldn't be ready til the next DDQ. Even if she wasn't just boosted, I use her a lot more often than I did before. Depending on how you play (PVP more than PVE), you might be better off changing yours to 3/5/5 than waiting for a dupe to get built at 3/5/5. If she won't be part of a team with a strong green user, than you might want 3/5/5 first.

With 5/5/3, her green shouldn't be depended on to be the damage dealer on your team. My dupe is already 2/5/0. The cover distribution for the Vision rewards means I won't be gaining much than 2 more yellows, since I doubt I'll be able to top 5 it. Purple is top 25, which I don't need.
  • Vhailorx wrote:
    best 3 star ever?

Iron Fist is best by being broken....so take him out probably cage/KK/cyke/hood/loki/Switch/deadpool
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    best 3 star ever?

kk has 3

If you get to value kk's yellow (which requires teammates to activate), then I get to value iron fist's purple, which accelerates black ap very fast, AND does the best damage/ap ratio in 3* land.

Both if and kk have 2 awesome powers and 1 good power. But if is faster, cheaper offense in a game where speed and offense are supreme.
  • jimstarooney
    raisinbman wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    best 3 star ever?

Iron Fist is best by being broken....so take him out probably cage/KK/cyke/hood/loki/Switch/deadpool
    i dont agree that hes broken,i still stand by the fact hes got one decent ability (even if its a 2 for 1 ability).but high end fistbuster is the new X4or and fighting the same teams does get stale.
  • jimstarooney
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    best 3 star ever?

kk has 3

If you get to value kk's yellow (which requires teammates to activate), then I get to value iron fist's purple, which accelerates black ap very fast, AND does the best damage/ap ratio in 3* land.

Both if and kk have 2 awesome powers and 1 good power. But if is faster, cheaper offense in a game where speed and offense are supreme.
    he is a great accelerator no question about it.but accelerating other bigger hitters doesnt make him a better character than kk.last man standing with both low ap kk eats him for breakfast.
  • 553 and 355 Kamala have such different uses that they're almost different characters; I don't keep duplicates but if I were going to build one, it would be her.
    I not only agree as I alredy started my second. She's completely useless yet, 110, but will be the 553 when finished as the maxed one is 355.

I just don't get the 535 tho. You lose in the acceleration for green, so her own or another's green will be slower.

My opinion is that you are either going for her green or you aren't, so 535 is the worst I could think of.

About IF, his black also helps a lot against Hood and loki as they are squishy and also helps dealing constant damage to someone behind cage protection. Low but equivalent to match damage so it's even.
  • jimstarooney
    ShionSinX wrote:
    553 and 355 Kamala have such different uses that they're almost different characters; I don't keep duplicates but if I were going to build one, it would be her.
    I not only agree as I alredy started my second. She's completely useless yet, 110, but will be the 553 when finished as the maxed one is 355.

I just don't get the 535 tho. You lose in the acceleration for green, so her own or another's green will be slower.

My opinion is that you are either going for her green or you aren't, so 535 is the worst I could think of.

About IF, his black also helps a lot against Hood and loki as they are squishy and also helps dealing constant damage to someone behind cage protection. Low but equivalent to match damage so it's even.
    in the right team 5 yellow is brilliant that was my 1st build and i kinda miss the near 1k heal.thats when she is more effective with low ap specials,i fought one with maxed vision and prof x yesterday thats a great team.
  • That at were the 553 fits. Often I end fights with overheal, when the team gets going it's easy to fill 3k hp then sit there with something that will last just that fight. It would only be important if the enemy gets a big hit incoming just before you finish it, to not get a downed character. But then it will probably need a pack anyway so dead or barely alive is the same.