PVE: Enemy of the State (August 13-21)

Comments

• CCW1208 wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Haven't read all 4 pages of this thread yet, but I have to say this run of eots seems to be eating a lot more of my health than I remember.

Almost every node is wolvie or Gorgon Fed by goons, so I haven't been able to avoid 1-3 adamantium or debilitating slashes per node.

Has my scaling increased significantly, is my memory faulty, or has something changed about the event?

Also, why do the devs seem to boost Elektra and/or daredevil every time with this event? I get that they are involved in the story, but the hand is arguably the worst possible opponent for those two (relatively few special tiles to steal it destroy, tons of red and black countdown to overwrite traps).

Sorry my English is not very good, I provided my experience

In the beginning, I felt disappointed with daredevil. And ko by gorgon and wolverine
    But if combine daredevil , hood and kk,u may finish all nodes easily and even without healthy packs

Collect blue tile in the 1st wave and fire to gorgon, then collect red to fire Ambush, if hood black is full, fire and this could accelerate DD blue
    Kk would heal all team and AoE, save DD purple for enemy attack tile, if u had two billy club tile in board, the enemy could not do anything. And either finished by hood yellow or DD red or kk green
    better english than what I see online, even here icon_mrgreen.gif
  • MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Oh well. Also interesting is that IF green is the t100-150 reward after t100 gets Sam Wilson.

And I was so looking forward to skipping that event...

Anyone reckon it's worth the risk of a late join?
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    My favorite team in this event is Blade + Human Torch. I focus on collecting black (boost black AP if it's a tough node) and get at least 1, ideally several Nightstalker tiles up ASAP. After that it's a breeze -- the ninjas keep making red, Blade keeps stealing it, and HT fireballs everything in sight. A couple of times, with a good board, I was getting off a fireball every other turn or better without ever matching red (so Blade could get plenty of strike tiles out). It was pretty awesome.
  • finished hand fortress on my stream for those looking to see what's in what survival nodes

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Don't underestimate the Daredevil essential in Nick Fury Rescue. Commander + Lieutenant feeding purpleflag.png to Gorgon for Gorgon's Gaze in the last wave. I died while my team was permastunned! icon_lol.gif
  • Daredevil is next to useless. His node is a health pack sink, you'd think his red tile would stick but no, the AI will destroy it within one or two turns. Gah. I miss the last EOTS with better essential chars.

I thought wolverine being fed by goons was OP, Gorgon's debilitating slash needs a nerf. It's pretty cheap, destroys half my char's health, AND destroys about half my ap. It's bad enough that Gorgon can practically stunlock.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    raisinbman wrote:
    this event just makes me sad with how gorgon isn't a playable character, I would love to have access to debilitating slash and awaken the hand and they would be fantastic team ups to send out.
    he's getting powered down/changed before he's playable

got any sauce for that tasty bit of news for me, as in a dev statement?
    Breezy wrote:

I thought wolverine being fed by goons was OP, Gorgon's debilitating slash needs a nerf. It's pretty cheap, destroys half my char's health, AND destroys about half my ap. It's bad enough that Gorgon can practically stunlock.

I don't his D-slash is that bad only because every time you're fighting him he's being fed red from goons making it really fast. awaken the hand I think is his best move, either you break it and release those attack tiles onto the board or you let them count down and take those shots that are boosted from allies being up, so it ends up being you want to take the damage now or later?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Breezy wrote:
    Daredevil is next to useless. His node is a health pack sink, you'd think his red tile would stick but no, the AI will destroy it within one or two turns. Gah. I miss the last EOTS with better essential chars.

That's why you pair DD with Cyclops! I've been running DD, Cyc, and Blade.. Rarely lose any life and haven't needed a healthpack. Blades black drains the enemy AP and his strike tiles are not created on your trap (at least not for me), DD sets trap and stuns Ninjas to prevent attack tiles or I'll use his purple, Cyc makes red tiles with yellow that explode all the traps or lure Gorgon/Wolv to match and die! Try it. My alliance went from 800 to 200 after I told them this setup.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the way the powered-up characters in Hand Fortress include "BAD HTML >"
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    Talk about leaking character reveals! Wonder if this will be a 3 or 4 star character? Hopefully we will have GOOD HTML as a more common character in the near future, hopefully a 1 star.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    this event just makes me sad with how gorgon isn't a playable character, I would love to have access to debilitating slash and awaken the hand and they would be fantastic team ups to send out.
    he's getting powered down/changed before he's playable

got any sauce for that tasty bit of news for me, as in a dev statement?
    Breezy wrote:

I don't his D-slash is that bad only because every time you're fighting him he's being fed red from goons making it really fast. awaken the hand I think is his best move, either you break it and release those attack tiles onto the board or you let them count down and take those shots that are boosted from allies being up, so it ends up being you want to take the damage now or later?
    no source, only the will of the forums
  • Punisher5784
    Moon Roach wrote:

That is because it means "BAD HAND.TEISATSU.MELT.LIFE icon_twisted.gif
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Breezy wrote:
    Daredevil is next to useless. His node is a health pack sink, you'd think his red tile would stick but no, the AI will destroy it within one or two turns. Gah. I miss the last EOTS with better essential chars.

I'm still building Daredevil, but with 2-3 covers in everything, I actually found him to be pretty useful defensively in EotS (okay, not Ambush, which is virtually worthless due to overwrites) between Billy Club for Gorgon and Radar Sense for Teisatsu. But I admit that the real workhorse for me in the survival nodes was Blade.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Bullseye/Beast/Psylocke is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gewd for these waves
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    It feels so good to be able to coast through this one. I only need 1 black cover to finish Cyclops, so I am doing the absolute minimum to stay in the top 150 + ensure event token in each sub.

That said, Blade > ninjas (or any goons, really). Pop Nightstalker a few times and they sit there doing nothing. I happen to have 5 black covers because that's the way they happened to fall.
  • Punisher5784
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Breezy wrote:

I'm still building Daredevil, but with 2-3 covers in everything, I actually found him to be pretty useful defensively in EotS (okay, not Ambush, which is virtually worthless due to overwrites) between Billy Club for Gorgon and Radar Sense for Teisatsu. But I admit that the real workhorse for me in the survival nodes was Blade.

Ambush is amazing but you guys clearly are not using it correctly. You can't just gain 8 AP and press the button, like most abilities you have to wait for the perfect time. DD is amazing with Cyclops' yellow ability.

Screenshot_2015-08-19-13-09-23.png

As you can see I have a bunch of Trap tiles that I can't match for damage but I have Cyclops' Yellow ready to go and you can believe me that many traps will explode and will kill the entire wave.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

Ambush is amazing but you guys clearly are not using it correctly. You can't just gain 8 AP and press the button, like most abilities you have to wait for the perfect time. DD is amazing with Cyclops' yellow ability.

As you can see I have a bunch of Trap tiles that I can't match for damage but I have Cyclops' Yellow ready to go and you can believe me that many traps will explode and will kill the entire wave.

I use this for many of the big gauntlet nodes, so satisfying to see 5 trap tiles go off when you use cyc yellow..
  • JackTenrec wrote:
    Breezy wrote:

it doesn't get ovewritten if u use it right
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Breezy wrote:

I'm starting to like u...covered this so I didn't have 2
  • Punisher5784
    raisinbman wrote:

You're starting to like me? lol. I always considered you a MPQ friend. You helped me when I was being attacked by the Thumbs Down gang, back when I first joined the forums.
  • raisinbman wrote:

You're starting to like me? lol. I always considered you a MPQ friend. You helped me when I was being attacked by the Thumbs Down gang, back when I first joined the forums.
    totally don't remember that but awesome, lol. Yeah, the hivemind sucks...