Interesting mechanic speculation: what do you think?

Options
So, I was thinking how cool it would be if Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) could be a 2 star character. Offensively, he would be strong, defensively, he would be really weak.

Here's the hitch. Jamie is the only character that can go 5/5/5. He still is the same max level as other 2 star characters (94). BUT, he takes all 3 rosters spots up, one clone taking each spot. On the actual roster screen, he would only take one slot, but if you take him to battle, that's ALL 3 of your characters for that fight.

His powers could be along the line of (all at level 5):

Black:

13 ap: Does 1350 damage to enemy team (1750 if another clone is alive, 2150 if both clones are alive.)

Green:

9 ap: Creates a strength 155 green protect tile (and a strength 155 strike tile if yellow clone is up, and a strength 155 attack tile if black clone is up.)

Yellow:

8 ap: Generates 4 black and 4 green ap, then does 1278 damage (1302 if another clone is alive, 1526 if both clones are alive.)

Each clone would have low health, say around 3920 (2** Daken's health at 94)

What do you guys think? I am not all that familiar with character himself, but I think the mechanic could be really intriguing.

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    Honestly? I thought that would be something more fitting to that of a 5* character (if there is one). so who qualifies as a 5 star rarity character? You know Galactus, Dark Phoenix, Thanos, and galaxy busters in general.

You had the right idea of all 5/5/5 max levels, but I'd say it makes more sense to have a final boss type character to have that. Would you like an example from me to demonstrate how I can incorporate your ideas of filling all roster spaces and all 5's max level abilities?
  • Gotcha, and that makes sense. Then, I would say he should still be a 3-5-5, or whatever combination seems best (maybe 5-5-3)

One of the things I really like about this character is that he would be a 2*, so people newish to the game or transitioning could have an effective 2* team that only takes one roster spot, and the iso to just level up one character. But, that strength would be balanced out by the fact that if you shut down one clone, the rest become less effective; effectively, you have a glass cannon character.

What do you think?
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    woozy wrote:
    Gotcha, and that makes sense. Then, I would say he should still be a 3-5-5, or whatever combination seems best (maybe 5-5-3)

One of the things I really like about this character is that he would be a 2*, so people newish to the game or transitioning could have an effective 2* team that only takes one roster spot, and the iso to just level up one character. But, that strength would be balanced out by the fact that if you shut down one clone, the rest become less effective; effectively, you have a glass cannon character.

What do you think?

See, I'm still conflicted about the "only one can fill all the foster spots" type of deal, because that's not emphasizing teamwork synergy with other characters.

I'm thinking about incorporating Elektra's blackflag.png"Shadow Step" into Multiple Man, except it will be a passive. When he holds at least 20 Black AP, he can spawn 2 Trap Tiles (his clones) on every turn. And then it becomes a nightmare because it doesn't matter how much damage you can dish out; as long as Multiple Man covers the entire board with his Trap Tiles, you can't damage him enough.

But if you wish for him to stay as a glass cannon like Daken, you can potentially make his HP so low that even a 1-star character has higher health to counterbalance the uber cheapness of him spawning so many Trap Tiles every turn. I'm no veteran player like LuciferianX, Malcrof, or Ronin-san. But if you can reach out to them, you can consult with them for further balancing issues with Multiple Man.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character already.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it were true to multiple man (the comic, not The Legend Jamie Madrox)

When hit for over X , creates a 20 turn CD tile, this tile does X damage per turn, Multiple Man cannot be damaged directly while this tile is in play.

So basically, when he gets hit hard, he creates a dupe... you have to match/destroy the dupe tile before you can hurt him again..

How does that sound?
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds a little OP. 20 turn CD is essentially a static special tile. I've never had a match last 20 turns I don't think.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds a little OP. 20 turn CD is essentially a static special tile. I've never had a match last 20 turns I don't think.

That is sorta the point, until the multiple is killed, you cannot hurt the main.. could be an invis tile for all it matters.. multiple has to be dealt with to do damage to him again.