MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In August, 2015 *Updated 8/19

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    So why are we repeating events like this.. this is our 2nd EoTS and now will be our 2nd Unstable in the past month and a half, no gauntlet to be found anywhere...
    Enemy of the State was used as a stopgap because some retrofit changes to a different Event weren't testing well, so we went with something that worked and that people are generally happy with (Tokens and Iso!). Unstable Iso is being run because of the story ties to Captain America.

I want to say thanks for the explanation. Voting up didn't seem strong enough. Really appreciate the openness.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unstable Iso-8 (Sam Wilson New Character PVE!)

is that a 3 or 4 day event pretty sure its not a 7 day event if it was the 2nd running of caranage... though it was 3... WOO another 4 day bloodbath
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,309 Site Admin
    slidecage wrote:

is that a 3 or 4 day event pretty sure its not a 7 day event if it was the 2nd running of caranage... though it was 3... WOO another 4 day bloodbath
    It's a 4 day event.
  • miss the old day where cap released with his own pv. . .stories, sentry released also with his own story.
  • slidecage
    IceIX wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

It's a 4 day event.

thanks for that info.....

tell them to bring back ultron icon_e_smile.gif i miss the little guy
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the updates Ice. Now how long till we get the stats for the /next/ character down the line? :p
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Another star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png after DP, joy icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, they've learned a bit...giving the good (hey, look - info for upcoming events like they promised, so we don't have to demand the spoiler thread!) with the bad.

Seriously, the character release pace needs to slow down....4* after 4* leaves me with the same hoplessness of ever covering any of them (since there are so many now!) that I had as a 2* newbie (since they were so impossible to get).

Agreed! Another 4* character that I may or may not get a cover for and will take me forever and a day to get it to any real usefulness. icon_cry.gif
  • slidecage
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Thanks for the updates Ice. Now how long till we get the stats for the /next/ character down the line? :p

if the pattern holds wont see another 4 star until sept 3 (1st and 3rd thurs) if that keeps up OCT going to be interesting with 5 thursdays so guessing and i said GUESSING maybe between the 25th to 31

The 4 star event coming thursday NOrmal tokens or vault tokens
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Thread is out of date again, we are past those DPD's! Also, why no gauntlet to end the season? Re-running EoTS so soon is.. well.. hooray tokens i guess.
    Maybe I missed something, but why are we getting the same two sets of DDQ characters that we just had?
  • IceIX
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Err, now. Along with an update to pretty much all the other info up there. I'll transfer over the character info to the September thread when it comes time to make it (soon).
  • Am I missing something or Magneto - Purple in DDQ sonds a bit out of place?..

New **** looks interesting! What "character families" do we know - apart from Xforce?
  • well i guess it's safe to assume now that Reed Richards is definitely coming and the "character family" is F4...

and i guess magneto purple is actually magneto blue since thats what it got replaced to???
  • Somehow forgot about F4 O_o
    You are most likely right! Btw, green is common to all three F4 members, so it makes additional sense.
  • IceIX
    devilyevon wrote:
    and i guess magneto purple is actually magneto blue since thats what it got replaced to???
    Bingo. Copy/paste error. Fixed!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    So... finally finishing up the F4 family?
  • Wasn't Groot supposed to be taking over announcement duties? I thought I saw that in another thread?

Tempting to think that the use of the words 'hero family' may be a deliberate ploy to make us mistakenly think of Reed as it seems too obvious. However the blue and black certainly seem like moves that fit Reed. The AP generation aspect of the yellow seems to fit him as well, being a leader/team-player but I hadn't thought that true-healing was part of Reed's abilities? But KK heals and I guess that's a similar power set so it does seem to point to Reed.

Pretty sure the boosted matches from the black correspond exactly with icon_thing.png 's colours, right? Black tends to represent intelligent characters quite often or characters capable of extensive planning as it's frequently used for tile placement (Doom, Doc Ock, Cyke, Storm, Loki...not so much the case with Daken, Bullseye, Torch or a number of others but I still think I'm onto something.)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vision prizes in the first season tournament, eh? Guess I'll join this season early... It's the only undercovered threestar I have now.
  • Assuming it is Reed, FF is gonna be fighting over AP. Unfortunately no rainbow cover either without purple. I can foresee the AI playing this team horribly on defense. But I bet it'll be a ton of fun to mess around with different combos.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm confused. So the next set of buffs (8/20-8/26) should run for 3 PvPs like always, that'd start with Daredevil. Except Kamala is the 3rd PvP, and she's in the buffed list.

To my knowledge we haven't seen that yet, so wonder if that's an error?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm confused. So the next set of buffs (8/20-8/26) should run for 3 PvPs like always, that'd start with Daredevil. Except Kamala is the 3rd PvP, and she's in the buffed list.

To my knowledge we haven't seen that yet, so wonder if that's an error?
    It's possible there will be a Captain Falcon PvP after Vision and before Kamala and the name has not yet been approved (Flying Colors!)...