MPQ Gamependium (Unofficial web tools: DDQ Calendar/Rosters)

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Klax wrote:
    I absolutely love this web app, great for organizing and keeping track of my covers.

Ran into some strange bug that is super minor - this is my roster: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Klax/

I just added a black Elektra cover from 1/0/0 to 1/1/0. If I try to max her level to 74 given the covers I have and hit save, it spits this out: "Unknown unique constraint violation: roster_revision_levels_pkey"

That should be fixed now.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2015
    Just wanted to chime in and say this is a great foundation, and is useful without any further additions. Thank you! I can think of a bunch of things to add, but based on the disclaimer of the site, it sounds like you only have so much time for it. If you do decide to invest a bit more time, you've done the hard part, but now that you have the data collected, the sky's the limit. Regardless, you should put a donation link on the front page, IMO.

PS: Not sure if this is something that would be wanted or desireable, but just throwing it out there as a suggestion: since this forum seems to be pretty active and allows graphical signatures, have you considered allowing your users to create dynamic image signatures that display realtime data based on statistics you've collected? I hosted the codebase for another clan-based game where we pulled certain stats from MySQL and used ImageMagick to dynamically create forum signatures based on those stats. It's a pretty small hit to the server, and allows for small, semi-unique signatures that could, for instance, dynamically display number of covers, top 5 characters, alliance, etc. Just a thought.

My Roster:
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/deiXide/
  • Cymmina
    deiXide wrote:
    Just wanted to chime in and say this is a great foundation, and is useful without any further additions. Thank you! I can think of a bunch of things to add, but based on the disclaimer of the site, it sounds like you only have so much time for it. If you do decide to invest a bit more time, you've done the hard part, but now that you have the data collected, the sky's the limit. Regardless, you should put a donation link on the front page, IMO.

My Roster:
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/deiXide/

Between grinding those 7-day events, sleeping, and eating, who has time to do anything else? :p

Truth is, I am currently unemployed and was half expecting that to change when I started the project. I have a rather ambitious addition I have been planning out for a while now, but it's still too early to announce (I don't want to get everyone's hopes up).

If someone has a request based on the data I'm currently tracking, I'm open to suggestions.
  • Looks like we cross-posted (I made an edit to my previous post with a suggestion). I can also think to add a "desired" covers section, which would allow a user to set the covers they want for a character, and then the system would report what's missing or incorrect. There's a bunch of sorting options you could do with your existing format, like stars, level, etc, that would remove non-applicable characters from the list. You could also create a report that presents a list of all needed covers to max everyone (allow for aforementioned sorting) and include future DDQ events. You could integrate the cover component to the daily reward (into the main page dashboard) by having the user put in their number of days played, but that could get hinky if they miss a day. I thought of a bunch of other things when using the system that escape me, but I'll post them if I remember. I might actually have more fun on the data collection and completion aspects than the game itself, which is probably sad.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great tool One thing I noticed though is that when I try to add covers to some of my 1* characters (MBW, CHawk, Juggs, Venom, Yelena) they don't register with the system and I get an error if I try to put levels in them and save.

EDIT: I figured out a workaround. I had to set the number of covers, leave the character at level 1, and save. It then showed the character as having 10/10 covers instead of 0/10. Then I could edit my roster to add levels.
  • Cymmina
    Great tool One thing I noticed though is that when I try to add covers to some of my 1* characters (MBW, CHawk, Juggs, Venom, Yelena) they don't register with the system and I get an error if I try to put levels in them and save.

EDIT: I figured out a workaround. I had to set the number of covers, leave the character at level 1, and save. It then showed the character as having 10/10 covers instead of 0/10. Then I could edit my roster to add levels.

That should be fixed now (was a problem with all characters with 2 powers in the JavaScript).
  • JamieMadrox
    The ability to see Just my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png or just my star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters would be cool. Basically filter by rarity.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    The ability to see Just my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png or just my star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters would be cool. Basically filter by rarity.
    can be done in the spreadsheet view - filter by level/#covers/rarity. I kinda like the spreadsheet view - cleaned that up some this week with my levels on some guys.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    love this site. just a heads up, i ran into a problem deleting a character.

I sold 1* Iron Man, and tried to delete him from my Gamependium roster. I set all covers to 0, and then reduced his Level to 1 (upon being asked to do so).

when I clicked Save, it reloaded the page and said: "that revision already exists"

after the fifth or sixth try, it finally worked as intended. i'm pretty sure I did the same thing each time. it finally did work though. maybe I had made too many edits in a short time span (I was updating covers for a number of other characters).
  • JamieMadrox
    Renaming and or duplicating a roster would be helpful for people who change IGNs. It'd also be cool to be able to see how much ISO is needed to max a character.
  • Cymmina
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    love this site. just a heads up, i ran into a problem deleting a character.

I sold 1* Iron Man, and tried to delete him from my Gamependium roster. I set all covers to 0, and then reduced his Level to 1 (upon being asked to do so).

when I clicked Save, it reloaded the page and said: "that revision already exists"

after the fifth or sixth try, it finally worked as intended. i'm pretty sure I did the same thing each time. it finally did work though. maybe I had made too many edits in a short time span (I was updating covers for a number of other characters).

Ok, this should be fixed now (you can now remove a character without having to make other modifications).
    Renaming and or duplicating a roster would be helpful for people who change IGNs. It'd also be cool to be able to see how much ISO is needed to max a character.

I wasn't aware that users could change their IGN (I play on Steam and it doesn't seem like there is an option for that?). I can probably get this updated later today (it is a rather small change, but I have to recompile for it).

I am not opposed to adding ISO information, but it is a somewhat expensive change to make from a code perspective (this is not a "no", just a "this will take a while to do").
  • JamieMadrox
    Cymmina wrote:

I wasn't aware that users could change their IGN (I play on Steam and it doesn't seem like there is an option for that?). I can probably get this updated later today (it is a rather small change, but I have to recompile for it).

CS has to do it, but it's fairly common. I've had 3 IGNs and I'm about to move back to my original one.
    Cymmina wrote:
    I am not opposed to adding ISO information, but it is a somewhat expensive change to make from a code perspective (this is not a "no", just a "this will take a while to do").

This isn't even close to a priority for me, it's just a "nice to have" feature.
  • Suggestion: When viewing the History tab, allow us to expand large updates. E.g.:

#26 @2015-08-19 17:49:10.346436 UTC (plus 10 more)

Let me click the "(plus 10 more)" and have it expand all results on the page. Right now, you can click the link and it takes you to the full roster, but that somewhat defeats the purpose of a History field.

Edit: Another suggestion. When clicking "Rosters" from the menu, have it show options next to the name. It would save a click during what is presumably one of the most frequently used processes. For example, after clicking the "Rosters" heading:

deiXide - View | Spreadsheet | History | Revisions | Edit | Delete
    altdude1 - View | Spreadsheet | History | Revisions | Edit | Delete
    Add a new roster
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina wrote:

CS has to do it, but it's fairly common. I've had 3 IGNs and I'm about to move back to my original one.

This is done (the link to it isn't quite accessible from mobile devices. Sorry about that, but I will get around to fixing this eventually).
    deiXide wrote:
    Suggestion: When viewing the History tab, allow us to expand large updates. E.g.:

#26 @2015-08-19 17:49:10.346436 UTC (plus 10 more)

Let me click the "(plus 10 more)" and have it expand all results on the page. Right now, you can click the link and it takes you to the full roster, but that somewhat defeats the purpose of a History field.
    This is done now, too. The diff page is linked from both the history and revisions pages. Unlike the history page, the diff page will show deleted characters:

diff-view.png
  • Suggestion (in addition to the one above): when viewing the DDQ calendar, include the logged-in user's covers below the name of the character. I keep finding myself looking at the calendar to see when my next relevant DDQ will happen, and possibly turn a 3-star character usable.
  • Another suggestion: have the characters on the DDQ calendar link to their character sheets. And on the character sheet, show the player's covers as well as the preferred builds. Also, possibly add descriptions of each character's abilities like they exist in the "MPQ Character Discussion" forum. Both of these things are probably a lot of busywork though icon_e_sad.gif

Bumped suggestion: when clicking "Rosters" from the menu, have it show menu options next to the name. It would save a click (or more) during what is presumably one of the most frequently used processes on the site. For example, after clicking the "Rosters" heading:

deiXide - View | Spreadsheet | History | Revisions | Edit | Delete
    altdude1 - View | Spreadsheet | History | Revisions | Edit | Delete
    Add a new roster
  • Love the new feature of showing your covers on the DDQ calendar! Thanks for that.
    What about an expand all button though? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Suggestion: allow a spot for a user to input their alliance name. Then allow the alliance to be clickable and show all subscribed users with the same alliance name (only works if there can't be duplicate names).
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    it would be nice to have a "desired build" (or wish list) function for each character. then have that show up in the spreadsheet, with columns showing which covers are needed to achieve the desired build.

e.g.
    STEVE ROGERS (SUPER SOLDIER)
    CURRENT BUILD:
    5 yellowflag.png | 4 redflag.png | 2 blueflag.png

DESIRED BUILD:
    3 yellowflag.png | 5 redflag.png | 5 blueflag.png

NEEDED COVERS:
    -2 yellowflag.png | 1 redflag.png | 3 blueflag.png

or something like that
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Silver Surfer starts off at level 255. You need to dump iso into him to level to 270 with 1 cover.