PVE: Enemy of the State (August 13-21)

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:
    There's just so few points in Hell's Kitchen. I've done one full clear and then nothing. I've only really slipped from 21ish to 26 in that time. I can make up the amount of points I would score in this by grinding a survival node to zero next sub. Really odd how this sub's points are so out of whack.

Maybe it's deliberately designed as a rest day by the devs?

Next time EotS rolls around would be really helpful if whoever posts the thread reminds everyone that day 5: Hell's Kitchen is basically a rest day! Would be nice to plan ahead, and if I'd known (read: remembered) there was going to be a rest day half way through I probably wouldn't have given up on top places so early.

might be a rest day for some but my bracket there are some major grinders

first 21k with 4 hours left
    10 10k talk about grinding lol
  • xequalsy wrote:
    There's just so few points in Hell's Kitchen. I've done one full clear and then nothing. I've only really slipped from 21ish to 26 in that time. I can make up the amount of points I would score in this by grinding a survival node to zero next sub. Really odd how this sub's points are so out of whack.
    no survival nodes equals...
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    raisinbman wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:
    Well, yes I realised why the point gains are low. Just putting it out there and wondering why they designed this PvE with a sub without a survival node.
  • xequalsy wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:
    Well, yes I realised why the point gains are low. Just putting it out there and wondering why they designed this PvE with a sub without a survival node.
    probably the same reason they thought wolverine going HERES JOHNNY every node would make the player happy

~~~~

finished hell's kitchen on my stream, almost made me fall asleep
  • Grantosium wrote:
    Griv74 wrote:
    Hmm do you see me as top 10 ? Because I'm a bit surprised at what you are saying. I'm not doing optimal clears as one would be at 5am for me and I had no problem finishing subs top 10 or close to it, with little grind (all I did was grind the survival nodes with leaving a couple of hundreds points there). For Hell's kitchen after my 3 full clears, I only played Nick Fury and Black Widow's nodes once and I'm ranked 45 and still 8th in main with 32mins left. So I don't see how you can struggle for T300 if you are doing nearly optimal clears icon_question.gif

32 mins left? Surely that must be slice 1 then? Unless I'm really misunderstanding what people mean when they talk about slices? I don't think I can see you on the top 10 but if Hell's Kitchen sub has finished for you then we're definitely not in the same time slice.

I think you've slightly misunderstood me though, I was doing optimal clears for the first sub and sitting around 40th at the end of that 48 hour one. I'm not doing anything like optimal clears any more, having been hoping for a comfy T20 at the 48 hour mark and semi-given up when falling far short of it. Now sitting on the verge of T150 overall, but there was at least one sub where two full clears was only just enough for T300 and I had do go back and grind a couple of extra nodes to cement the placing, can't remember if it was the Avengers Mansion or X-Mansion sub though.

Oops you are correct I'm in slice 1 indeed icon_redface.gif

Ok I got it why you struggle then icon_e_smile.gif
    Good luck for keeping T150 !
  • PUM_SPAK
    PUM_SPAK Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    raisinbman wrote:
    PUM-SPAK wrote:
    I don't need a black Cyclops, and doubt I can make Top 50 for a red... but I'm grinding this 7-day event hoping to reach the Daredevil red progression award at 80,000 points.

Geez, that's a lot of points to pile up without Nick Fury. I'm currently at 29,130 with 4 days, 18 hrs left. Can I make it? Do the point awards scale up in the later subs?
    this events points are bloated, particularly in the later subs in the survival nodes. Trust me when I say you won't need to grind to make it.

Thanks for the encouragement. icon_e_biggrin.gif I did indeed cross 80,000 points tonight in the final node of the Hand Fortress sub, with 1d 17h left in the event.
    The red cover boosted my DD to a full 3/5/5, making him my third fully-covered optimized star.pngstar.pngstar.png!
  • Is it jsut me or is every single node in this event a heal pack sink.. and gorgon is.. crazy over powered.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Lordsynder wrote:
    Is it jsut me or is every single node in this event a heal pack sink.. and gorgon is.. crazy over powered.
    It's not just you. I've been using Rocket & Groot to tank yellowflag.png and greenflag.png for Thor, so that helps mitigate quite a bit. Still use 2 health packs per clear on average. A bad cascade or two, and that's easily doubled!
  • Well.. its crazy crazy over power.. gorgon is super over power.. hes in all three of the latest day event essential nodes.. as well as two of the other nodes. And even the ones without him are super over powered with the damage they do from tokens. If you get bad luck ( Which seems to happen alot the last two days ) You die ... If D3 wanted us to spend money on gold for health packs they should have just announced it at the start of the event.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    this event just makes me sad with how gorgon isn't a playable character, I would love to have access to debilitating slash and awaken the hand and they would be fantastic team ups to send out.
  • this event just makes me sad with how gorgon isn't a playable character, I would love to have access to debilitating slash and awaken the hand and they would be fantastic team ups to send out.
    he's getting powered down/changed before he's playable
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Gorgon with two Kishus feeding him all his colors is just ridiculous (Fury essential node). Maybe worse than Wolverine getting fed red in the previous subs. Countdown tiles everywhere, a stinking SIX turn stun, Slashes, and my Fury has just one cover so he's useless in the fight. It doesn't seem to matter what other characters I use, one or both die.
  • well i have been playing this game 63 days... and i have already done this event two times. Last time it wasnt this bad. but i just wish they didnt regurgatate the same stuff so quickly. And then on top of giving you a replay of events they make it stupid hard
  • Griv74 wrote:

Oops you are correct I'm in slice 1 indeed icon_redface.gif

Ok I got it why you struggle then icon_e_smile.gif
    Good luck for keeping T150 !

Decided to go for it again on the Hand Fortress sub. 5 hours to go, done 2 full clears at optimal times. Done a third clear on the high scoring wave nodes, haven't been able to do a full 3rd clear due to being at work and the timing of the nodes I did do is not optimal. So far this is enough for 37th in the sub. Will have to do a grind down in a few hours to stay top 50 in the sub though I think. I do need those hero points.

But it has brought my overall up to 115th so should be fairly comfy to finish overall top 150 with a couple of clears on final sub tomorrow, I hope.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't read all 4 pages of this thread yet, but I have to say this run of eots seems to be eating a lot more of my health than I remember.

Almost every node is wolvie or Gorgon Fed by goons, so I haven't been able to avoid 1-3 adamantium or debilitating slashes per node.

Has my scaling increased significantly, is my memory faulty, or has something changed about the event?

Also, why do the devs seem to boost Elektra and/or daredevil every time with this event? I get that they are involved in the story, but the hand is arguably the worst possible opponent for those two (relatively few special tiles to steal it destroy, tons of red and black countdown to overwrite traps).
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Haven't read all 4 pages of this thread yet, but I have to say this run of eots seems to be eating a lot more of my health than I remember.

Almost every node is wolvie or Gorgon Fed by goons, so I haven't been able to avoid 1-3 adamantium or debilitating slashes per node.

Has my scaling increased significantly, is my memory faulty, or has something changed about the event?

Also, why do the devs seem to boost Elektra and/or daredevil every time with this event? I get that they are involved in the story, but the hand is arguably the worst possible opponent for those two (relatively few special tiles to steal it destroy, tons of red and black countdown to overwrite traps).

The buffed chars have changed, that's about it.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:

Sorry my English is not very good, I provided my experience

In the beginning, I felt disappointed with daredevil. And ko by gorgon and wolverine
    But if combine daredevil , hood and kk,u may finish all nodes easily and even without healthy packs

Collect blue tile in the 1st wave and fire to gorgon, then collect red to fire Ambush, if hood black is full, fire and this could accelerate DD blue
    Kk would heal all team and AoE, save DD purple for enemy attack tile, if u had two billy club tile in board, the enemy could not do anything. And either finished by hood yellow or DD red or kk green
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Having finished one clear of the final sub (Rescue Fury), I'm sitting on the edge of the t10 and haven't decided whether to make the push for it, or not. About 5k pts behind 10th place (~160k v. 155k) and could use the Yellow Cyke (current build is 4/2/2), but I just don't see myself grinding for 3hrs tmw at the every end of the event. Have fun playing the Triumph node (6 waves, >3k pts) down to zero...

And, I am in the same boat as you, Vhailorx, I feel like this EotS is chewing thru a ton of my health packs, but my roster is better, so it's tough to know if the event is scaled differently. Did we have community scaling last time it ran? How about 10 v. 5 health packs? Regardless, it is a beast of an event - I hope I don't need the character for the next run, so I can just focus on getting ISO, HP, and tokens, and not pushing for t10 or t50.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Having finished one clear of the final sub (Rescue Fury), I'm sitting on the edge of the t10 and haven't decided whether to make the push for it, or not. About 5k pts behind 10th place (~160k v. 155k) and could use the Yellow Cyke (current build is 4/2/2), but I just don't see myself grinding for 3hrs tmw at the every end of the event. Have fun playing the Triumph node (6 waves, >3k pts) down to zero...

And, I am in the same boat as you, Vhailorx, I feel like this EotS is chewing thru a ton of my health packs, but my roster is better, so it's tough to know if the event is scaled differently. Did we have community scaling last time it ran? How about 10 v. 5 health packs? Regardless, it is a beast of an event - I hope I don't need the character for the next run, so I can just focus on getting ISO, HP, and tokens, and not pushing for t10 or t50.

All i can tell you, is those blacks for Cyc will be major, him as a reward, means he will be buffed for the next event and an essential, which will be for a new 4*.. Buffed Cyc black is a monster can 1 hit just about anything in a PVE outside of high end gauntlet boards. Go for the T10 if you need the covers, he is a MUST
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:

All i can tell you, is those blacks for Cyc will be major, him as a reward, means he will be buffed for the next event and an essential, which will be for a new 4*.. Buffed Cyc black is a monster can 1 hit just about anything in a PVE outside of high end gauntlet boards. Go for the T10 if you need the covers, he is a MUST

Good point w/ a buffed Cyke - I'm looking fwd to having a usable one soon. The cover reward difference between t10 and t50 is a Yellow. Including my alliance reward, I should have a 5/2/4 Cyke after EotS, which should be solid. Of course, I was hoping for a Black or Yellow cover as the Progression for the next event, but it is a Red. Oh well. Also interesting is that IF green is the t100-150 reward after t100 gets Sam Wilson.