PVE: Enemy of the State (August 13-21)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    I must say this is the most fun I have had with EotS since it was first released. The team of DD, Blade and Cyclops are destroying everyone! I am beating Survivor Nodes in a minute. I don't even lose any life which is impressive against Ninjas. I also tried the team of Psylocke, Spider-Man and KK for the Survivor Nodes too, and they are also killing it. Both teams are a lot of fun. I never hit the end progression this fast!

Edit: I take my above statement back. I just entered the new subevent and it's full of Wolverine and/or Gorgon + Goon feeding red. I didn't mind when it was just 1 node but this new subevent has about 4 at high levels. I reached 80k, I'm not doing these unfair nodes over and over again!
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Does Hell's Kitchen have a wave node with a EotS token? If not, I'm probably going to just skip it completely.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    Does Hell's Kitchen have a wave node with a EotS token? If not, I'm probably going to just skip it completely.
    Hell's Kitchen doesn't have any wave nodes or EotS tokens. But, you get to face Wolverine/Gorgon, so there's that.
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Splarne wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:

I have a different experience - I feel like the bracket I'm in is pretty grindy. I'm at #32 with 78k pts as of Monday at 9:15am EST. Top guy is already at 108k. Did you join late?

that may be the bracket i'm in. seems the guy grinding the heck out of this bracket doesn't need any of the covers, he's just showing off? or bored? or he gets a premium award from some secret vault somewhere?
    icon_lol.gif

He might be farming iso from the nodes, and also aiming at the HP rewards from finishing in the top placements for each sub. There's more to aim at besides the covers after all

MrGaunt25 can't be in my bracket, b/c I was at 123k at 9:15 am EST. The extra token at t2 is nice, but I'm mainly doing it for the HP and the purple Prof X. I will also be able to use the Cyclops covers for my dupe Cyclops, who is 2/5/2. My main is 5/3/5, so going for 3/5/5, which he will be after this PVE and the next round of DDQ. I would mention the premium awards I have access to, but that would require me acknowledging the secret vault exists icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    lukewin wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    Hell's Kitchen doesn't have any wave nodes or EotS tokens. But, you get to face Wolverine/Gorgon, so there's that.
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Splarne wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:

I have a different experience - I feel like the bracket I'm in is pretty grindy. I'm at #32 with 78k pts as of Monday at 9:15am EST. Top guy is already at 108k. Did you join late?

that may be the bracket i'm in. seems the guy grinding the heck out of this bracket doesn't need any of the covers, he's just showing off? or bored? or he gets a premium award from some secret vault somewhere?
    icon_lol.gif

He might be farming iso from the nodes, and also aiming at the HP rewards from finishing in the top placements for each sub. There's more to aim at besides the covers after all

MrGaunt25 can't be in my bracket, b/c I was at 123k at 9:15 am EST. The extra token at t2 is nice, but I'm mainly doing it for the HP and the purple Prof X. I will also be able to use the Cyclops covers for my dupe Cyclops, who is 2/5/2. My main is 5/3/5, so going for 3/5/5, which he will be after this PVE and the next round of DDQ. I would mention the premium awards I have access to, but that would require me acknowledging the secret vault exists icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

That's some impressive work, Luke. Glad I'm not in your bracket. I was just hoping we'd get a bit of a rest w/ this being a 3* reward (albeit a great character) due to end of season and it not being a 4*. I'm finding that I am grinding this one as much as I did for XPool and Jean. I did go w/o a Fury for the first sub, but luckily pulled one from a token.

Also, the Wolvie, Gorgon, ninja node in Hell's Kitchen was (is) brutal for me. Been using 2* Torch, OBW, and MMags, but might have to consider some other combination.

And, I'm done with this game if I'm ever finding myself grinding for 20 ISO.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2015
    MrGaunt25 wrote:

That's some impressive work, Luke. Glad I'm not in your bracket. I was just hoping we'd get a bit of a rest w/ this being a 3* reward (albeit a great character) due to end of season and it not being a 4*. I'm finding that I am grinding this one as much as I did for XPool and Jean. I did go w/o a Fury for the first sub, but luckily pulled one from a token.

Also, the Wolvie, Gorgon, ninja node in Hell's Kitchen was (is) brutal for me. Been using 2* Torch, OBW, and MMags, but might have to consider some other combination.

And, I'm done with this game if I'm ever finding myself grinding for 20 ISO.
    no rest...for the angry dead

finished x-mansion on my stream for the curious or those who want to be prepared
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having some pretty good luck using 2* Torch (5/4/4) + Cage (4/3/4) + DD (essential) or Lazy Cap on the survival nodes.

Torch is great for damage over time; gather a bunch of green then watch ninjas burn, and his black adds to the fire. Cage's free protect tile helps mitigate attack tile damage, and a nice yellow nuke for pesky Konrans. Either Cap or DD can get rid of attack tiles plus stun, plus some extra protect tiles from Cap. My DD is pretty weak though (1/2/1) and Cap isn't great (1/4/2), but they get the job done.

53K points with 3 days to go. That DD red shouldn't be hard.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I have been using DD, LThor and OBW. Sitting at 16 overall so not too bad.
  • MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Griv74 wrote:
    Looks like no one is really playing that event.. I found myself T10 with very little grind when I was only looking for T150...
    If only it was the same during 4* release icon_lol.gif

Guess I can really really take it easy then.

Nope right at the begining. My cyke is 533 so I need 2 black covers which means that I'll need to merc for the ally reward. So can't join late if I want an alliance to accept me.

I'm in slice 3, during Hell's kitchen sub (about 14h left). I'm ranked 7 with 105k, 1st has 121k and 10th 99k.
    Previous sub all what I did was grind the 3 survival nodes and I stop 1h before the end of sub with 500points left on the easiest one, about 700 on the essential and 1000 on the hardest. It was enough to finish sub at 9th and overall at 6th I think. So for top 10 I consider that very little grind. But I won't complain. I'm happy with the extra hp and iso which are both much needed. icon_e_smile.gif
  • LordXberk
    Griv74 wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Griv74 wrote:
    Looks like no one is really playing that event.. I found myself T10 with very little grind when I was only looking for T150...

Nope right at the begining. My cyke is 533 so I need 2 black covers which means that I'll need to merc for the ally reward. So can't join late if I want an alliance to accept me.

I'm in slice 3, during Hell's kitchen sub (about 14h left). I'm ranked 7 with 105k, 1st has 121k and 10th 99k.
    Previous sub all what I did was grind the 3 survival nodes and I stop 1h before the end of sub with 500points left on the easiest one, about 700 on the essential and 1000 on the hardest. It was enough to finish sub at 9th and overall at 6th I think. So for top 10 I consider that very little grind. But I won't complain. I'm happy with the extra hp and iso which are both much needed. icon_e_smile.gif

Bumped up to 88k (and 34th) as of 5pm EST. My Cyke is 4/2/2, so the t50 is gonna help. Obviously, would love to get t10, but couldn't grind the end of the last sub as much as I needed. Tough for me to grind near the end of each sub this time due to work, so will just have to spend more time grinding those survival / wave nodes in the next sub.
  • So... Wolverine pretty much one-shot my full-health Ares. Is this supposed to be fair?
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Anyone have an estimate or educated guess about how much points on average would a top100 alliance need total/ per member?
  • Griv74 wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Griv74 wrote:

Sounds like we're in the same bracket, I joined slice 3 right at the beginning and the bracket filled within about an hour, possibly less. Top scores are just a little past what you've quoted (obviously as some time has passed). Seriously, you call that an easy bracket?!

I was very close to optimal clears for first 48 hour sub with a bit of a grind-down at the end as well and was only around 40th. That's not the sort of return I need to see if I'm going to give that commitment for a week so I've dropped to semi-casual play (around 2 clears a sub) and now struggling just to get the T300 sub tokens. Maybe I've been lucky up until now, but I was kind of hoping the survival nodes would put people outside the top 150 off of doing 2 clears a day!
  • Hmm do you see me as top 10 ? Because I'm a bit surprised at what you are saying. I'm not doing optimal clears as one would be at 5am for me and I had no problem finishing subs top 10 or close to it, with little grind (all I did was grind the survival nodes with leaving a couple of hundreds points there). For Hell's kitchen after my 3 full clears, I only played Nick Fury and Black Widow's nodes once and I'm ranked 45 and still 8th in main with 32mins left. So I don't see how you can struggle for T300 if you are doing nearly optimal clears icon_question.gif
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Ok, I might have to rephrase my question a bit. I checked my bracket top10 alliance, there were a few people with around 30k worth of points. I'm playing Hell's Kitchen, with ~62k, with one clear left. I'm also reaally interested in the alliance top100 reward, so I'm wondering if I might be able merc my points. Might be a wrong thread for this, though.
  • LordXberk
    Grantosium wrote:

Sounds like we're in the same bracket, I joined slice 3 right at the beginning and the bracket filled within about an hour, possibly less. Top scores are just a little past what you've quoted (obviously as some time has passed). Seriously, you call that an easy bracket?!

I was very close to optimal clears for first 48 hour sub with a bit of a grind-down at the end as well and was only around 40th. That's not the sort of return I need to see if I'm going to give that commitment for a week so I've dropped to semi-casual play (around 2 clears a sub) and now struggling just to get the T300 sub tokens. Maybe I've been lucky up until now, but I was kind of hoping the survival nodes would put people outside the top 150 off of doing 2 clears a day!

Cyke is a top 3*, so I feel like 2 clears is probably not going to get you close to t150, unfortunately. FWIW, it seems that my bracket is very tight between t10 and t100, so I go to bed ranked ~25th and wake up ranked ~50th. Of course, then I do my next clear and I'm back into the 30s. Gonna be a pain to finish up the grinding on these last 2 subs (or 3, if the last 2 are both 24hr subs, I forget).

My only issue is that I can't commit to grinding more than 30m before the end of the sub, so I'm forced to play less-than-optimally (more grindy) earlier on in the sub just to pull t50. Hope that doesn't cost me t50 in the last hour or so on Thursday.
  • Griv74 wrote:
    Hmm do you see me as top 10 ? Because I'm a bit surprised at what you are saying. I'm not doing optimal clears as one would be at 5am for me and I had no problem finishing subs top 10 or close to it, with little grind (all I did was grind the survival nodes with leaving a couple of hundreds points there). For Hell's kitchen after my 3 full clears, I only played Nick Fury and Black Widow's nodes once and I'm ranked 45 and still 8th in main with 32mins left. So I don't see how you can struggle for T300 if you are doing nearly optimal clears icon_question.gif

32 mins left? Surely that must be slice 1 then? Unless I'm really misunderstanding what people mean when they talk about slices? I don't think I can see you on the top 10 but if Hell's Kitchen sub has finished for you then we're definitely not in the same time slice.

I think you've slightly misunderstood me though, I was doing optimal clears for the first sub and sitting around 40th at the end of that 48 hour one. I'm not doing anything like optimal clears any more, having been hoping for a comfy T20 at the 48 hour mark and semi-given up when falling far short of it. Now sitting on the verge of T150 overall, but there was at least one sub where two full clears was only just enough for T300 and I had do go back and grind a couple of extra nodes to cement the placing, can't remember if it was the Avengers Mansion or X-Mansion sub though.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    There's just so few points in Hell's Kitchen. I've done one full clear and then nothing. I've only really slipped from 21ish to 26 in that time. I can make up the amount of points I would score in this by grinding a survival node to zero next sub. Really odd how this sub's points are so out of whack.
  • xequalsy wrote:
    There's just so few points in Hell's Kitchen. I've done one full clear and then nothing. I've only really slipped from 21ish to 26 in that time. I can make up the amount of points I would score in this by grinding a survival node to zero next sub. Really odd how this sub's points are so out of whack.

Maybe it's deliberately designed as a rest day by the devs?

Next time EotS rolls around would be really helpful if whoever posts the thread reminds everyone that day 5: Hell's Kitchen is basically a rest day! Would be nice to plan ahead, and if I'd known (read: remembered) there was going to be a rest day half way through I probably wouldn't have given up on top places so early.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:

Maybe it's deliberately designed as a rest day by the devs?

Next time EotS rolls around would be really helpful if whoever posts the thread reminds everyone that day 5: Hell's Kitchen is basically a rest day! Would be nice to plan ahead, and if I'd known (read: remembered) there was going to be a rest day half way through I probably wouldn't have given up on top places so early.
    I need to be reminded that the first sub is 48 hours. I keep forgetting that.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I'm really not enjoying this sub. Too many nodes with ninjas feeding Wolverine.