PVE: Enemy of the State (August 13-21)

Comments

• LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    I need the red Cyc cover as well, but might be tough to get into the Top 50 without having the Fury ESS. Wondering if I should grind for 7 days if my lack of Fury is going to keep me from getting t50 OR if I should take it easy and just get t150 and get the black cover?

What really sucks is Fury is my only missing 4* and of course the reward is a Cyc cover and not a Rags or QS.

i've made T10 in a story event without the 4* essential( i have them all now) so it is absolutely doable, especially since this is not a new release

Ha ha, I pulled a Fury this morning from a Krakadoom token. Sweeeeeeet!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, yes, scaled-up 2* Wolvie being fed red by ninjas. Ticking time bomb to getting claws in your face. Good times, good times.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    lol @ people who think cyke is bad rewards....

No one has said Cyclops are bad rewards. Most people that have commented said they will play b/c they want the covers or prefer that the covers were different for the reward tiers.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definately could use psyclops covers, but not 7 day grinding for him. I'll make a break for it and hopefully get my first red for him.

I've got 0/4/1 lol.

I already grinded out EOTS last time around. Which was literally less then 3 weeks ago. so pass on 7 day participation.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Having a tough time with last node, "Nowhere to Run", in the current sub. Seem to wipe better than 50% of the time. Most reliable team seems to be Thor/OBW/Hood. It's also curious that the team-up seems to vary between Illusions and Lethal Improvisation. Illusions keeps giving the AI very nice cascades. What teams are people to using for this node?
  • I was using cap/cage/hood but with hood tanking all the colors I was always loosing him. So I changed to lthor/cap/hood and it was surprisingly very easy win. My scaling has gone up quite a bit now though... But there's only the grind left for me in this sub and all I need is the black cover icon_e_smile.gif
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah that one can be tricky. Not had any problems with it this time but I have in the past. But on saying that might get trickier come grind down.

Used Blade, Falcon and Daken first time just for fun and it actually worked well. Also did it with the Hood, Trusty Steve and Cmags and then GSBW, Prof x and Hawkeye which was over so quickly.

Probably better combos but these ones were fun to use.
  • PUM_SPAK
    PUM_SPAK Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I don't need a black Cyclops, and doubt I can make Top 50 for a red... but I'm grinding this 7-day event hoping to reach the Daredevil red progression award at 80,000 points.

Geez, that's a lot of points to pile up without Nick Fury. I'm currently at 29,130 with 4 days, 18 hrs left. Can I make it? Do the point awards scale up in the later subs?
  • PUM-SPAK wrote:
    I don't need a black Cyclops, and doubt I can make Top 50 for a red... but I'm grinding this 7-day event hoping to reach the Daredevil red progression award at 80,000 points.

Geez, that's a lot of points to pile up without Nick Fury. I'm currently at 29,130 with 4 days, 18 hrs left. Can I make it? Do the point awards scale up in the later subs?
    this events points are bloated, particularly in the later subs in the survival nodes. Trust me when I say you won't need to grind to make it.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    raisinbman wrote:
    PUM-SPAK wrote:

this events points are bloated, particularly in the later subs in the survival nodes. Trust me when I say you won't need to grind to make it.

Yeah, for example the OBW essential survival node in the second sub for me is 2k+ points. You'll be completely fine as long as they keep on not gating the survival node with NF.
  • Shame that I can't focus on this event. Almost full clears even off by hours would've netted me Top 100, probably Top 50.
  • Mazza
    Mazza Posts: 41
    raisinbman wrote:
    PUM-SPAK wrote:

This made my day. 80000 is a **** and I just want that cover.
  • Looks like no one is really playing that event.. I found myself T10 with very little grind when I was only looking for T150...
    If only it was the same during 4* release icon_lol.gif

Guess I can really really take it easy then.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Griv74 wrote:
    Looks like no one is really playing that event.. I found myself T10 with very little grind when I was only looking for T150...

You also have to remember that it's end of season. People need heals & time to push to reach 2k in Shield and get carnage cover. And also push to get the 1k deadpool cover in Pool Party. Unless you're missing cyclop colors, that event is at the bottom of the list. icon_cool.gif
  • Mazza wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    PUM-SPAK wrote:

This made my day. 80000 is a tinykitty and I just want that cover.
    dont worry about progression...with bloated survival node points, and 7 day rubberbanding everyone can do it icon_mrgreen.gif

~~~~~~~

not gonna have the second sub on stream, sadly I went to a party instead
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    raisinbman wrote:
    Surely going to a party isn't something to be sad about! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • meekersX wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Surely going to a party isn't something to be sad about! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    it was fun, but I don't like to leave the streamwatchers hanging if I can help it!
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Griv74 wrote:
    Looks like no one is really playing that event.. I found myself T10 with very little grind when I was only looking for T150...

I have a different experience - I feel like the bracket I'm in is pretty grindy. I'm at #32 with 78k pts as of Monday at 9:15am EST. Top guy is already at 108k. Did you join late?
  • MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Griv74 wrote:

I have a different experience - I feel like the bracket I'm in is pretty grindy. I'm at #32 with 78k pts as of Monday at 9:15am EST. Top guy is already at 108k. Did you join late?

that may be the bracket i'm in. seems the guy grinding the heck out of this bracket doesn't need any of the covers, he's just showing off? or bored? or he gets a premium award from some secret vault somewhere?
    icon_lol.gif
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Splarne wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Griv74 wrote:

that may be the bracket i'm in. seems the guy grinding the heck out of this bracket doesn't need any of the covers, he's just showing off? or bored? or he gets a premium award from some secret vault somewhere?
    icon_lol.gif

He might be farming iso from the nodes, and also aiming at the HP rewards from finishing in the top placements for each sub. There's more to aim at besides the covers after all