Captain America (Sam Wilson) *Updated

Options
GundamY
GundamY Posts: 182
edited August 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Hey guys, I currently don't have any specific stats on how Sam Wilson as Captain America will look like, but I do have a few ideas I'm willing to divulge to the community. What should Falcon-turned-Cap have for his movesets? the same as his star.pngstar.pngstar.png Falcon counterpart or combined with with Steve Rogers moveset? Special credits goes to @Kolence for his suggestions (and @Ronin-san for making the ability color and font size coherent) on making the Cap's movesets:

Captain America (Sam Wilson) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
captain-america-1-variant-cover-640x972.jpg

yellowflag.pngWings Of Liberty 10 AP: Captain America uplifts the team's morale as he spread his upgraded wings to set his allies free from the enemy and ready for a counter attack. Decrease strength of 2 enemy Attack tiles of each color by 10%. If there are none of a color, place a 2-turn CD that creates 3 special tiles of strength ?? when resolved.
Level 2: Decrease strength by 20%. Can affect Strike tiles.
Level 3: Decrease strength by 30%. Can affect Protect tiles.
Level 4: Decrease strength by 40%. Affects up to 3 tiles of the same color.
Level 5: Decrease strength by 60%. Countdown tile creates 4 tiles of strength ??.

Level Max - All locked tiles along with enemy Attack, Protect, and Strike tiles are destroyed, gaining AP for each respective colored tile that are enemy-owned.

blueflag.pngAir Force Sentinels 11 AP: Thanks to Redwing and his flight-bound allies, the Captain can defend from the skies by intercepting incoming enemy countdown tiles. They keep the enemy occupied, stunning the target for 1 turn plus 1 for every 3 Countdown tiles in play (max 3 turns). PASSIVE: Redwing (also gives 3 AP when he returns, but not if CD is destroyed).
Level 2: If there are 2 friendly Countdown tiles in play, stun the rest of the team for a turn.
Level 3: Stuns target an extra turn for every 2 Countdown tiles (max 4 turns).
Level 4: Team stun with only 1 friendly CD. Target stunned for 5 turns max.
Level 5: When Redwing attacks, his friends also destroy another enemy tile (any type).

Level Max - Enemy team are stunned for every Countdown Tile that is intercepted.

redflag.pngStrike Team Coordination 9 AP: Cap tosses his shield strategically knocking out several targets at once while his allies proceed to take advantage. Hits the target for ?? damage and destroys up to 2 enemy tiles in the 8 tiles surrounding his shield 3-turn CD (targets basic tiles). Boosts strength of 1 friendly tile plus 1 more for every 2 enemy tiles destroyed by ??. Shield returns 5 AP.
Level 2: Destroys up to 3 enemy tiles. Shield returns 6 AP.
Level 3: Boost 2 friendly tiles. Can hit 12 tiles (diamond shape) around his shield CD (targets attack, protect, strike, web tiles).
Level 4: Destroys up to 4 enemy tiles. Shield returns 7 AP.
Level 5: Boost 3 friendly tiles. Shield targets any tile.

Level Max - Select 3 your own countdown tiles and reduce them all down to 1 turn remaining after increasing 6 random tiles strength by 750.

This version of Captain America combines both elements of Steve Rogers and Falcon's movesets with a little hint of Professor X and The Hood. But to balance out the perks is quite hard enough by myself.

portrait_uncanny.jpg

Just look at that amount of patriotism! (Should have posted it during Independence Day...) icon_redface.gif

So after reading this, please give out suggestions on AP costs and what can be done to improve Sam Wilson as the new Captain America icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't understand how your blueflag.png and purpleflag.png are supposed to work, sorry.
    I think I understand yellowflag.png , but again that seems too much, destroying all the tiles and gaining their AP plus possible cascade.
    I would propose that it "depowers" enemy tiles (strike, attack, protect) by some amount or percentage and do that to a maximum of say 2 or 3 tiles per color (so maximum of 18 tiles affected against someone like Storm or Xavier or even himself if he makes some tiles with his other moves). If there are no tiles in one of the colors, it can make a CD on that color instead that will do something for his team. So it is always cost effective.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some interesting ideas. Truly. But they would be neutered weeks after the whales $$$ up to build him. I do like it.
  • GundamY
    Options
    Kolence wrote:
    I didn't understand how your blueflag.png and purpleflag.png are supposed to work, sorry.
    I think I understand yellowflag.png , but again that seems too much, destroying all the tiles and gaining their AP plus possible cascade.
    I would propose that it "depowers" enemy tiles (strike, attack, protect) by some amount or percentage and do that to a maximum of say 2 or 3 tiles per color (so maximum of 18 tiles affected against someone like Storm or Xavier or even himself if he makes some tiles with his other moves). If there are no tiles in one of the colors, it can make a CD on that color instead that will do something for his team. So it is always cost effective.

To explain what each of those abilities are meant for, I'll give you a scenario on how to effectively use them:

blueflag.png Ability counters every single enemy that pops up a lot of Countdown Tiles, like the Maggia Thugs, The Hand ninjas, and ISO-8 mutants. So what I proposed for the max level is depending on how many CD tiles are on the board, this ability combines Steve Rogers' "Peacekeeper" that stuns the target and have Falcon's passive ability "Redwing" that automatically overrides the enemy CD. By combining those abilities into one, I created a (really OP) ability where if you have enough blue tiles, you can stun the entire enemy by 1 turn per CD tile. Maybe I should say 1 turn per 3 CD tiles to prevent it from being hax.

as for purpleflag.png , I already mentioned that this version of Cap has hints of Professor X and The Hood. So say that Luke Cage's redflag.png "Unbreakable" or Thing's yellowflag.png "Rock Solid" passives activates, their shield tile that was automatically created gets buffed up further by purpleflag.png "Strike Team Coordination". It then generates a snowball effect where it's much tougher to fight back against Captain Falcon's passive as it keeps buffing up his teams. Then, when you max out this ability, you can select any 3 friendly CD tiles and reduce the timer down to 1 so long as there are Attack, Strike, or Protect tiles being created. Beast would definitely benefit from this buff if he spams blueflag.png "Mutagenic Breakthrough".

Does that answer your question sufficiently? Or would you like some more scenarios to play out these abilities?
  • Kolence
    Options
    No need, thanks. I think I get the idea now.
    I like the blueflag.png , maybe something like an active that stuns the target for X turns (max 4 or 5) for every 2 CDs (round up) on the board. If an extra condition is met, stun the other two for a turn too. Also pick a random CD to convert to a Redwing tile.
    Now, if purpleflag.png is also a support that buffs friendly tiles, how will he attack? Unless you intended the yellowflag.png to be that. But IMO, it would still have problems. If it hits hard, it means there were a lot of enemy tiles, which means a cascade is likely that will destroy your tiles you were buffing with his other moves. Maybe leave the buffing part to his yellow I suggested as a delayed effect on a CD that is created when no enemy tiles exist on a color. And have his third skill be a shield toss that does damage and ricochets destroying several enemy tiles in a selected 3x3 or 4x4 area or something.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yellowflag.png should include charged and web tiles as well, maybe even ultron bombs... change it to special tiles?.. but a counter to locked tiles is nice.. useful against IW and QS,

Not a single shield attack for cap? no.
  • Kolence
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @GundamY. This is the closest to your ideas I could think of and the strongest I feel comfortable with. icon_e_smile.gif Hope it isn't too much different from what you envisioned?

yellowflag.pngWings Of Liberty 10 AP: Captain America uplifts the team's morale as he spread his upgraded wings to set his allies free from the enemy and ready for a counter attack. Decrease strength of 2 enemy Attack tiles of each color by 10%. If there are none of a color, place a 2-turn CD that creates 3 special tiles of strength ?? when resolved.
      Level 2: Decrease strength by 20%. Can affect Strike tiles. Level 3: Decrease strength by 30%. Can affect Protect tiles. Level 4: Decrease strength by 40%. Affects up to 3 tiles of the same color. Level 5: Decrease strength by 60%. Countdown tile creates 4 tiles of strength ??.

blueflag.pngAir Force Sentinels 11 AP: Thanks to Redwing and his flight-bound allies, the Captain can defend from the skies by intercepting incoming enemy countdown tiles. They keep the enwmy occupied, stunning the target for 1 turn plus 1 for every 3 Countdown tiles in play (max 3 turns). PASSIVE: Redwing (also gives 3 AP when he returns, but not if CD is destroyed).
      Level 2: If there are 2 friendly Countdown tiles in play, stun the rest of the team for a turn. Level 3: Stuns target an extra turn for every 2 Countdown tiles (max 4 turns). Level 4: Team stun with only 1 friendly CD. Target stunned for 5 turns max. Level 5: When Redwing attacks, his friends also destroy another enemy tile (any type).

redflag.pngStrike Team Coordination 9 AP: Cap tosses his shield strategically knocking out several targets at once while his allies procede to take advantage. Hits the target for ?? damage and destroys up to 2 enemy tiles in the 8 tiles surrounding his shield 3-turn CD (targets basic tiles). Boosts strength of 1 friendly tile plus 1 more for every 2 enemy tiles destroyed by ??. Shield returns 5 AP.
      Level 2: Destroys up to 3 enemy tiles. Shield returns 6 AP. Level 3: Boost 2 friendly tiles. Can hit 12 tiles (diamond shape) around his shield CD (targets attack, protect, strike, web tiles). Level 4: Destroys up to 4 enemy tiles. Shield returns 7 AP. Level 5: Boost 3 friendly tiles. Shield targets any tile.
  • GundamY
    Options
    So according to previous replies, it's not Captain America without his shield. I would like to thank Kolence for his feedback on Strike Team Coordination along with the rest of the abilities that can be balanced without hitting an extreme nerf bat or gaining OP hax

Does anybody else like to pitch in on what sort of ways you would like Captain Falcon's role in the team like? Balanced in offense/defense like Steve Rogers? Hyper aggressive like Wolverine? Support like Professor X? Or being a tank like Hulk?

With the following abilities that you guys have suggested, what exactly should Sam Wilson's role look like?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A humble request. Flag the ability color, but not all the flavor text. And raise the font on the ability.

At a minimum, please use a darker shade of yellow.

THIS.

THIS.

NOT THIS.
  • GundamY
    Options
    good news, guys! the developers finally release Captain America (Sam Wilson) on August 19th! I really hope they incorporate the names that I came up with, because Air Force Sentinels is my favorite ability! =D

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/24982/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_sam_wilson_captain_america

Edit: They got Wings Of Liberty! It's not what I pictured, but I'm just glad they got at least 1 out of the 3 abilities named after this post!
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    You mean there was actually someone who wanted this character?