MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In August, 2015 *Updated 8/19

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    i think my problem in all this lies that there's an obvious choice that's better for the player, forget the $$$, and some were stuck with the worse choice
    I don't think that's true. It really depends on the number of tokens a player buys, and what they were hoping to get out of it. The basic percentage rates for a single-token draw in either case are about the same, and I've seen arguments from players on both sides for the vault or old pack style being preferable.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    i think my problem in all this lies that there's an obvious choice that's better for the player, forget the $$$, and some were stuck with the worse choice
    I don't think that's true. It really depends on the number of tokens a player buys, and what they were hoping to get out of it. The basic percentage rates for a single-token draw in either case are about the same, and I've seen arguments from players on both sides for the vault or old pack style being preferable.
    there's a pretty clear difference between infinite vs finite
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

For example, if you wanted to cover of the DP colors that you missed in PvE, the tokens are by far the better option.

Unless you were really itching for a different 4* token, or were planning to clear out the vault, both options are similar enough in value that there's no real difference. Even then, the benefit is in terms of overall certainty, not in terms of value per token.
  • Jack0fAllGames
    Jack0fAllGames Posts: 65 Match Maker
    4 vault tokens, 4 daken 2*

You guys that want a vault can have mine. I'll take regular tokens that generally give me around 30% gold.
  • 4 vault tokens, 4 daken 2*

You guys that want a vault can have mine. I'll take regular tokens that generally give me around 30% gold.
    sample size too small
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's really funny how the human mind works. Because now the chances of obtaining a desired reward are visible, people feel cheated when they don't get it in a few tries, then clamour to have back the old system where rewards were invisible, even if the chances of getting something good were lesser.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thread is out of date again, we are past those DPD's! Also, why no gauntlet to end the season? Re-running EoTS so soon is.. well.. hooray tokens i guess.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    It's really funny how the human mind works. Because now the chances of obtaining a desired reward are visible, people feel cheated when they don't get it in a few tries, then clamour to have back the old system where rewards were invisible, even if the chances of getting something good were lesser.
    No, the chance is variable. You can increase the chance with the vault, but it isn't an out right better chance, and this is magnified in something like Juggernaut where you can't just stockpile them.
    - Unreall
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    so there are 2 4 stars incoming if so that uninstall is getting closer and closer

2 4 stars a month are bad enough now 3
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Update: Added next PVEs, next Versus Tournies, upcoming Deadpool Dailies, next buff list
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim wrote:
    No, the chance is variable. You can increase the chance with the vault, but it isn't an out right better chance, and this is magnified in something like Juggernaut where you can't just stockpile them.
    - Unreall

Uh? You have 1/20 chances of opening a 4* in Juggs vault before you start opening tokens, thus increasing the odds every time you don't get one. The only time ever there were better odds for that was in the Independence, say with me, Vault.
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Played Slice 5 for Heroic Juggernaut and really not happy that my last 3 tokens went to a new post event vault which means I lost the increased % to pull the 4*s that I gained by earning and purchasing tokens.

Additionally, the vault reset after using each of the tokens which completely defeats the purpose. Seems like a penalty for playing Slice 5 if this didn't happen to everyone else.

The Vault should stay static retaining the previous pulls after the event has finished.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    - Unreall

Uh? You have 1/20 chances of opening a 4* in Juggs vault before you start opening tokens, thus increasing the odds every time you don't get one. The only time ever there were better odds for that was in the Independence, say with me, Vault.
    I didn't want 'a 4*'. I wanted 4P, and there was only one., so I'm looking at 1/(Num_Covers), not 3 or 4. The overall point of those featured types are increased odds at the featured character.
    - Unreall
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    There are 3 characters star.pngstar.pngstar.png that never get a weekly buff: Beast, Vision & Bullseye.

I understand about Vision & Bullseye because they are the last star.pngstar.pngstar.png released, but what happens with Hank? too much blue? icon_eek.gif
  • Malcrof
    So why are we repeating events like this.. this is our 2nd EoTS and now will be our 2nd Unstable in the past month and a half, no gauntlet to be found anywhere...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    - Unreall

I didn't want 'a 4*'. I wanted 4P, and there was only one., so I'm looking at 1/(Num_Covers), not 3 or 4. The overall point of those featured types are increased odds at the featured character.
    - Unreall

Alright, then. 1/80 = 1.25% (slightly improved with each "failed" draw). Without the vault the featured 4* character has a fixed 0.7% chance. The vault is still almost twice as good.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    So why are we repeating events like this.. this is our 2nd EoTS and now will be our 2nd Unstable in the past month and a half, no gauntlet to be found anywhere...
    PVE doesn't deserve accessible 4* is their answer
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    Alright, then. 1/80 = 1.25% (slightly improved with each "failed" draw). Without the vault the featured 4* character has a fixed 0.7% chance. The vault is still almost twice as good.
    I couldn't see it, but with JG it was upwards of 4.3% for 10 packs. Like 'entertaining the idea' levels. I am making an assumption due to proximity, but I figured the non-vault for a 10 pack would be similar, which is more than 3 times better...and doesn't burn out, so at 4.3, a percent I doubt will be matched for a VERY long time - I could 'whale out' on getting 4P. with the vault you can.not.whale. I could get (1) purple. No red, no black, no second purple.

I'm not disregarding the perks of the vault, but for a 'featured' character, they should put at LEAST 2 if not all 3 covers in the vault. I've got no 'real' qualms with the percentage either, but I'm looking at my behavior...

I saw Jean Grey, with a ten pack I had a 50% chance of landing a JG cover, very possibly multiple covers, so all of a sudden the idea of throwing money at hero points to get a ten pack grows substantially larger, for someone who only periodically will throw money at the game. I don't pull on it because no matter how I slice it, spending x dollars for a chance at a single useful cover, just doesn't compute, but its crazy stimulating.

I then see 4P, blends well with my only useful 4* (lvl 200 XFW), true heals, and frankly I've been a DP fan since before it was cool to be a DP fan[/Hipster] and was NOT happy with 3* DP (I hate his black considering he has the same healing as Wolverine, and it was shoehorned into a defensive power, and his red while strong, can easily suck too), but all that and I'm like, I need this guy in my life. If I'm going to throw money at a character its going to be DP. I open it up and its a vault, that's fine, I can reduce percentage, but what's this...only one cover? I already have a fairly developed 3* roster, 80% of 3* covers I get are sold now if not more (keep some due to respecing *shrug*) so literally the vault is full of nothign BUT covers (no HP or ISO), and I only really care about '1'. I'm not throwing money into that situation.

So if they did somethign like this again, the percentages are fine, but they sure as heck need to add more covers of the featured, not changing ratios or anything, I'm not saying make it a 20% chance to land a 4*, just give me a reason to really go at the vault. I'd also go for swapping some of the 2* for trivial amounts of hero points. Give me back like 25 hp instead of some of those 2*s...
    - Unreall
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Malcrof wrote:
    Enemy of the State was used as a stopgap because some retrofit changes to a different Event weren't testing well, so we went with something that worked and that people are generally happy with (Tokens and Iso!). Unstable Iso is being run because of the story ties to Captain America.
  • Malcrof
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Enemy of the State was used as a stopgap because some retrofit changes to a different Event weren't testing well, so we went with something that worked and that people are generally happy with (Tokens and Iso!). Unstable Iso is being run because of the story ties to Captain America.

Well, that is actually very reasonable.

Now for the fun/Sarcastic response.

You finally made a Gauntlet node not even you guys could beat, didn't you?? (not testing well!)