*** Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) ***

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    How much value is put in the blue tiles he creates? I would love to have a red active and a blue creator for ant man, but I have a feeling rag will just let me down.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    barrok wrote:
    How much value is put in the blue tiles he creates? I would love to have a red active and a blue creator for ant man, but I have a feeling rag will just let me down.

I use rags a lot. Not as good a blue battery as MnMags, but a better tank to protect your blue user with. Since each use only creates 3 blue tiles, I pile up red until I can spam Rags red 3 times, to make 9 blue tiles. If there's any blue on the board, some matches will be made.

Probably better off with a different tank and a stealer to snag some blue?
    I thought it made 4 blue tiles at max level? Hope they didn't nerf this (6 AP - 4 tiles) before Iron Fist's purple (5 AP - 7 tiles). icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    barrok wrote:

I use rags a lot. Not as good a blue battery as MnMags, but a better tank to protect your blue user with. Since each use only creates 3 blue tiles, I pile up red until I can spam Rags red 3 times, to make 9 blue tiles. If there's any blue on the board, some matches will be made.

Probably better off with a different tank and a stealer to snag some blue?

Pretty sure that if I went to the effort of gathering 18 red AP, I'd want something else than 3k+ damage and the chance of 1 or 2 blue matches. For comparison, Hulkbuster would deal over 10k damage; with 2 AP more Cyclops or 4hor would deal 8k+ damage; for 4 less AP, Human Torch would deal 6k+. If you really need blue that badly, then focus on gathering it rather than on gathering 18 red. Most of the best blue abilities in the game cost 10 or less, anyway.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rags needs a buff, and needs it bad.
    Only if they stop putting him in PvE
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Rags needs a buff, and needs it bad.
    Only if they stop putting him in PvE

How about they let us have him as a 4*, like the AI always has him? icon_lol.gif
    Wow, the idea of playing PvE vs. characters the same level as our own, is pretty radical! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Not that it matters, but my rag should be 3/5/5 right?
  • There is no poll for him so I was wondering too what the best Ragnarok build is? Mine is currently 553 and I'm about to get 2 blue covers so was wondering if he should be 454 or 355 or just keep him the way he is and sell the covers?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dw316 wrote:
    There is no poll for him so I was wondering too what the best Ragnarok build is? Mine is currently 553 and I'm about to get 2 blue covers so was wondering if he should be 454 or 355 or just keep him the way he is and sell the covers?
    I moved mine to 3,5,5 for the charged tiles. If you run 5,5,3 make sure you bring a big blue user like Fury, or Cmags. The reality is his green just does too much self damage to use and not enough AOE team damage for 12AP. His red is a great blue feader, so depending on your build you either need a big blue user or a big green user to take advantage of the charge tiles.
  • wymtime wrote:
    dw316 wrote:
    There is no poll for him so I was wondering too what the best Ragnarok build is? Mine is currently 553 and I'm about to get 2 blue covers so was wondering if he should be 454 or 355 or just keep him the way he is and sell the covers?
    I moved mine to 3,5,5 for the charged tiles. If you run 5,5,3 make sure you bring a big blue user like Fury, or Cmags. The reality is his green just does too much self damage to use and not enough AOE team damage for 12AP. His red is a great blue feader, so depending on your build you either need a big blue user or a big green user to take advantage of the charge tiles.

Thanks wymtime. I agree, I'm not too happy with the green damage to allies, maybe I can move to 355 as well and let him tank while producing extra green via charged tiles to go with patch/hulk/widow/green character?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I personally run the big battery in a team with a lazy thor and a daken.

Blue makes sure Daken has plenty to eat, and getting 3x damage on your greens plus the double daken strike pump, coupled with the 9-convert and CotS from LThor isn't too shabby.

Not the best team (because it has rag on it in general) but I personally really like the feel of it.

Daken 5/5/3
    LThor 3/5/5
    Ragnarok 3/5/5

Covers the full rainbow, Daken gets the strong sustain and doesn't provide competition for the blue, Thor can freely throw his yellow and green, and Rags can make full use of his inexpensive red and blue abilities.

I could be wrong though.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    few slight tweaks would make me love this rag's since they took away what I loved to do with him which was the column blasting over and over

This is more a power i'd be willing to take team self damage for

Godlike Power - Green 12 greentile.png
    Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a wave of electricity that scars the battlefield. Deals 203 damage to all enemies and 137 to allies. Destroys 2 random columns. Does not generate AP.
    Level 2: Deals 266 damage to enemies and 137 to allies.
    Level 3: Deals 331 damage to enemies and 137 to allies, destroys 3 random columns.
    Level 4: Deals 461 damage to enemies and 137 to allies.
    Level 5: Deals 719 damage to enemies and 137 to allies, destroys 4 random columns.
    MAX Level 5: Deals 2276 damage to all enemies and 435 to allies.

and then touch up the blue's base charge tile amount and max by 1

Lightning Rod - Blue 8 bluetile.png
    Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the thunderclouds, where it absorbs the power of the storm. Creates 2 Green Charged tile. Catching the hammer charges the cyborg with electricity, giving him a burst of 312 health.
    Level 2: Creates 2 Charged tile. Ragnarok heals 371 health.
    Level 3: Creates 3 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 371 health.
    Level 4: Creates 3 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 480 health.
    Level 5: Creates 4 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 552 health.
    MAX Level 5: Creates 4 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 1754 health.
  • few slight tweaks would make me love this rag's since they took away what I loved to do with him which was the column blasting over and over

This is more a power i'd be willing to take team self damage for

Godlike Power - Green 12 greentile.png
    Ragnarok slams his hammer down, releasing a wave of electricity that scars the battlefield. Deals 203 damage to all enemies and 137 to allies. Destroys 2 random columns. Does not generate AP.
    Level 2: Deals 266 damage to enemies and 137 to allies.
    Level 3: Deals 331 damage to enemies and 137 to allies, destroys 3 random columns.
    Level 4: Deals 461 damage to enemies and 137 to allies.
    Level 5: Deals 719 damage to enemies and 137 to allies, destroys 4 random columns.
    MAX Level 5: Deals 2276 damage to all enemies and 435 to allies.

and then touch up the blue's base charge tile amount and max by 1

Lightning Rod - Blue 8 bluetile.png
    Ragnarok hurls his hammer into the thunderclouds, where it absorbs the power of the storm. Creates 2 Green Charged tile. Catching the hammer charges the cyborg with electricity, giving him a burst of 312 health.
    Level 2: Creates 2 Charged tile. Ragnarok heals 371 health.
    Level 3: Creates 3 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 371 health.
    Level 4: Creates 3 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 480 health.
    Level 5: Creates 4 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 552 health.
    MAX Level 5: Creates 4 Charged tiles. Ragnarok heals 1754 health.
    considering rag was much better before he was "buffed", I just hope they never touch him again. We're lucky 1* spidey wasn't hot garbage
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When Rags got changed, I was going to go 3/5/5, but after I re-read blue, I realized that he just converted already green tiles, for some reason I thought he overwrote basic tiles. So while a 3/5/5 is I guess a fast accelerator, he doesn't increase your chance of making a match. Putting charged tiles up for grabs with no other benefit other than hoping you match them is a bad idea in my book. At least with Thor you hit harder with more charged tiles, plus you can at least stun the guy who would benefit most from those colors.

Rags is a good blue battery, that can hang around in a fight, and when buffed his green hits very, very hard. I think 5/5/3 is the better way to go. To completely destroy greens dmg for some extra fake heal points and putting an extra charged tile (only going to get you 2 more AP) no thank you.

If blue changed basic to green charge or made 4-5 charged, well maybe, but as is, no 5/5/3.
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    considering rag was much better before he was "buffed", I just hope they never touch him again. We're lucky 1* spidey wasn't hot garbage

can't leave him like this though, its painful to watch.
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    I miss the old Clodlike power (yes that was on purpose) because it immediately shredded most of inferno and I HATE OTHER PEOPLE's INFERNO!!
    However I have found pairing Ragnarock with Stretch Marvel to be reasonable.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options
    frostCoH wrote:
    I miss the old Clodlike power (yes that was on purpose) because it immediately shredded most of inferno and I HATE OTHER PEOPLE's INFERNO!!
    However I have found pairing Ragnarock with Stretch Marvel to be reasonable.

Ditto, and, ditto. I wish they'd just change Rags' green back to his original. Easiest and least thought-needing solution, devs!

And I do tend to use him only to tank green for Kamala Khan. His cheap red & blue will have her passive heal firing quite a bit. Rags/KK/Hood are a pretty fun/effective team in the DDQ or general PVE.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    When Rags got changed, I was going to go 3/5/5, but after I re-read blue, I realized that he just converted already green tiles, for some reason I thought he overwrote basic tiles. So while a 3/5/5 is I guess a fast accelerator, he doesn't increase your chance of making a match. Putting charged tiles up for grabs with no other benefit other than hoping you match them is a bad idea in my book. At least with Thor you hit harder with more charged tiles, plus you can at least stun the guy who would benefit most from those colors.

Rags is a good blue battery, that can hang around in a fight, and when buffed his green hits very, very hard. I think 5/5/3 is the better way to go. To completely destroy greens dmg for some extra fake heal points and putting an extra charged tile (only going to get you 2 more AP) no thank you.

If blue changed basic to green charge or made 4-5 charged, well maybe, but as is, no 5/5/3.

Don't overlook the usefulness of the charged green tiles when you pair him with LThor. Only use red and blue for rags, then yellow and green for LThor and spam 6 red when you've got 12 ap so that gives you 8 blue (do it when there are enough blue already on the board to cause a match 5 cascade if lucky).

With blue stocked you can save the blue till needed and deploy tactically to make LThor get those much needed greens for CTS. Cast Rags blue when modest greens on the board followed by thunderstrike which hopefully again causes cascade with green, but this time since there are charged green tiles the damage is increased and the cascades will definitely accelerate collection of green to 20+ (I've done this many times). Let loose with CTS twice in a row if you have enough and you've got a powerful duo, and team them them with Hulk/RHulk/Cage/Sentry/SHulk/KK.

For me I'm going 4/4/5.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since he's boosted this week and I have him championed I paired him with Patch and IM40. IM 40 Yellow - Patch Green - IM40 Blue - Rags Red/Red/Red seems to clear the board. On a perfect board (Yellow matches on first and second turn) I've won on turn 6 (2 to gather, 2 for recharge, 2 for IM40 self stun to wear off).
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Honestly I have been using him a lot he is kinda fun, now that Quicksilver is fixed. Run Rags with QS and KK, extremely fast and very hard to take down due to that speed and healing. Give it a try especially this week while they are both boosted, I have been using them all week for the high level nodes in scaling events.
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    Was just thinking today, would Rag be more enticing to use if charged tiles added more damage to Godlike Power like how 4* Thor's Smite gets bonus damage with charged tiles?