Avengers Elite Training

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polkio wrote:
    thereck has got 90lvl Spidey 100 IM40 (recharge at 6ap - only red ap gained) and 128 hulk (5level at black)
    30 seconds win with boost against over 8k life hulk... how ? icon_e_smile.gif
    Yeah, I'm not seeing how that's possible in 30 seconds
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    edited January 2014
    Nemek wrote:
    (DC is referring to player DCisBetter, who I've never seen before today and is doing rather well in the tourney.)

I've seen him countless times since I started playing this game. He's been around awhile and he's had natural progression.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Sorry, didn't mean to imply it was shady with DC. But I can see that I kind of did.
  • Polkio wrote:
    thereck has got 90lvl Spidey 100 IM40 (recharge at 6ap - only red ap gained) and 128 hulk (5level at black)
    that's close to my actual numbers, I'd like to know how I did it in 30seconds too ;p
  • now 7th please report on the other 5 that came out of nowhere to take the lead. Did you get them qued before they shield like I did?
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Nemek wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    notreck wrote:
    >take out polkio not because he was easiest, but because he's been complaining
    >get no retaliations because you timed it to pve
    >get hammered above 500 by DC (for like the 6th time ugh muh team)
    >shield
    >get doctored results posted

Don't get your comment dude... I don't complain .... I don't give a sh.t about rewards ... I achieved all in this game. I am honest and just I don't like cheating

For anybody that doesn't catch it, he's saying he's thereck.

(DC is referring to player DCisBetter, who I've never seen before today and is doing rather well in the tourney.)

Now you're just pointing fingers for the sake of pointing fingers, and I no longer like this witch hunt. When it had an element of conspiracy it was intriguing because it was nice to know that other people noticed what I perceived as "suspicious behavior." Don't base a players skill upon when they signed up for these forums or how many posts they've commented on. Furthermore, I look forward to seeing your name in upcoming matches.

And I always do well in the tournaments icon_cool.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    notreck wrote:
    >take out polkio not because he was easiest, but because he's been complaining
    >get no retaliations because you timed it to pve
    >get hammered above 500 by DC (for like the 6th time ugh muh team)
    >shield
    >get doctored results posted

Don't get your comment dude... I don't complain .... I don't give a sh.t about rewards ... I achieved all in this game. I am honest and just I don't like cheating

For anybody that doesn't catch it, he's saying he's thereck.

Now you're just pointing fingers for the sake of pointing fingers, and I no longer like this witch hunt. When it had an element of conspiracy it was intriguing because it was nice to know that other people noticed what I perceived as "suspicious behavior." Don't base a players skill upon when they signed up for these forums or how many posts they've commented on. Furthermore, I look forward to seeing your name in upcoming matches.

And I always do well in the tournaments icon_cool.gif

Sorry I took it back in the next post! icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nemek wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    Like I suspected in one topic

Frame rate issue : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2614

I think that refers to the "lag" issue.
    Agreed, the acknowledged frame rate issue and anybody allegedly abusing clock speed (even if it's by altering frame rate) are unrelated.
  • Microtom wrote:
    Just like the tour de france, winner is always cheating.

As a cycling fan, I wish I could argue against this lol icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Oh, Nemek! I was just about to pass JacobPC and shield when you got me. I only popped out of shields for one match, too. Ah, well - them's the breaks. It's still early.
  • What are the scores like on top right now? And anybody know the # of entrants currently?

I hope this didn't replace this week's lr...need a good ISO build.
  • Nemek
    Oh, Nemek! I was just about to pass JacobPC and shield when you got me. I only popped out of shields for one match, too. Ah, well - them's the breaks. It's still early.

You know...I had remembered that you were shielded, so I thought why not! And then I saw that you weren't afterwards....and eek.

(Looks like you just went unshielded again, I have you queued up for later tonight...though I'll probably do a better job of checking next time.)
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Nemek wrote:
    Oh, Nemek! I was just about to pass JacobPC and shield when you got me. I only popped out of shields for one match, too. Ah, well - them's the breaks. It's still early.

You know...I had remembered that you were shielded, so I thought why not! And then I saw that you weren't afterwards....and eek.

(Looks like you just went unshielded again, I have you queued up for later tonight...though I'll probably do a better job of checking next time.)

It's all good - just bad timing. got a few of those points back now that you're shielded again. I'll keep an eye out for when you're shielded/unshielded as well (I've got you in the queue as well). I'd rather either of us win it than JacobPC.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Polkio wrote:

Takes almost as long for the recharge animation to finish.

Lol. I wish I could shorten or cut out the animations and do away with the pop-ups.

Agreed. It's annoying every single time a passive goes off. Also the recent lag issues are quite frustrating as well.
  • Nemek wrote:

It's all good - just bad timing. got a few of those points back now that you're shielded again. I'll keep an eye out for when you're shielded/unshielded as well (I've got you in the queue as well). I'd rather either of us win it than JacobPC.

I have both of you qued too, dumdumdum
  • Exciting new tournament type arrives! It's exactly the same shonky-**** duct-taped code, but now you have to pay us to join, and it's unbracketed, so most of you haven't a whelk's chance in a supernova at decent placement! But look: 10k HP for cheaters and sufficiently determined round-the-clock players willing to spend a couple thousand on shields! Not entirely feeling it.

Allowing Thorverine when they still aren't fixed is smart, though. Means anyone who's been playing a fortnight should feel like they have a shot. I'll giggle so much if they patch them a day before the end. On a similar nerf-queue note, though, I doubt people without a 5 blue Spider-Man really need apply. Given the potential pay-off, though, I can see some just burning health packs, boosts and 3-hour shields trying to compete without him.
    I think it's beneficial for everyone to join. At minimum you are gonna get at least 2 heroics and some ISO with that team and you'll gain ISO while playing even if just from the dumby targets early on to use on your 3*'s.
    Absolute piffle. You gain ISO playing SHIELD Training if all else fails or, better yet, waiting for a new rotation of LRs. With a couple of reasonable characters you can also get freebie Heroics. It doesn't cost you 300HP up front and certainly isn't going to be any harder than this to get anything worthwhile out of, with the outrageous ka-ching prizes for highest placement and novelty value. There's a PvE event running that gives you a good chance at covers, ISO and tokens if you tank the levels or just can do it without perma-boosting, and there's more or less always a regular tournament if you want to grind ISO and maybe shield up for decent placement which, critically, gives HP progression and placement awards that pay for a modest amount of shielding. If you want a Bag-Man, a Captain America and a Modern Hawkeye for 300HP that badly, you can have them over three days in a much more straightforward transaction.

300HP plus shield expenditure is not trivial for someone still scrabbling to complete a few 3*s, never mind level them. For people binning Patch covers because they don't want to slack too badly in Thick as Thieves subs in case they have a shot at main bracket placement, I don't think this tournament style is objectionable, but I'm against encouraging people who could be playing for free in events where they actually stand to win something they could use to waste their time paying to be soft low-rating targets. That's what LRs are for, because being the squishy who's just in it for the ISO and easy progression awards there actually profits you.

Make every match award 140/280 ISO instead of 70/140 and it'd be worth 300HP.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Exciting new tournament type arrives! It's exactly the same shonky-**** duct-taped code, but now you have to pay us to join, and it's unbracketed, so most of you haven't a whelk's chance in a supernova at decent placement! But look: 10k HP for cheaters and sufficiently determined round-the-clock players willing to spend a couple thousand on shields! Not entirely feeling it.

Allowing Thorverine when they still aren't fixed is smart, though. Means anyone who's been playing a fortnight should feel like they have a shot. I'll giggle so much if they patch them a day before the end. On a similar nerf-queue note, though, I doubt people without a 5 blue Spider-Man really need apply. Given the potential pay-off, though, I can see some just burning health packs, boosts and 3-hour shields trying to compete without him.
    I think it's beneficial for everyone to join. At minimum you are gonna get at least 2 heroics and some ISO with that team and you'll gain ISO while playing even if just from the dumby targets early on to use on your 3*'s.
    Absolute piffle. You gain ISO playing SHIELD Training if all else fails or, better yet, waiting for a new rotation of LRs. With a couple of reasonable characters you can also get freebie Heroics. It doesn't cost you 300HP up front and certainly isn't going to be any harder than this to get anything worthwhile out of, with the outrageous ka-ching prizes for highest placement and novelty value. There's a PvE event running that gives you a good chance at covers, ISO and tokens if you tank the levels or just can do it without perma-boosting, and there's more or less always a regular tournament if you want to grind ISO and maybe shield up for decent placement which, critically, gives HP progression and placement awards that pay for a modest amount of shielding. If you want a Bag-Man, a Captain America and a Modern Hawkeye for 300HP that badly, you can have them over three days in a much more straightforward transaction.

300HP plus shield expenditure is not trivial for someone still scrabbling to complete a few 3*s, never mind level them. For people binning Patch covers because they don't want to slack too badly in Thick as Thieves subs in case they have a shot at main bracket placement, I don't think this tournament style is objectionable, but I'm against encouraging people who could be playing for free in events where they actually stand to win something they could use to waste their time paying to be soft low-rating targets. That's what LRs are for, because being the squishy who's just in it for the ISO and easy progression awards there actually profits you.

Make every match award 140/280 ISO instead of 70/140 and it'd be worth 300HP.

1. Shield tourney got old months ago.

2. You can play Advanced Training and the other events, get this, at the same time!!! I know like walking and chewing gun, can be difficult for some people.

3. Need a tissue?

4. Your not forced to play Advanced Training not MPQ in general if your unhappy :p
  • 9 out of 10 guys don't win anything on the WSOP main event too. Doesn't stop people from participating. Unlike WSOP main event, you also have better data about your chances of doing well if you've been an active player to make a decision on whether this is worth it or not.

If you place top 1000 then it's basically like taking 300 HP to buy 3 daily deals of heroic tokens and getting some Isotope 8 on the side. I'd consider that a neutral outcome or slightly below neutral, but are people really expecting to have a positive gain in such a tournament for just placing top 1000?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    9 out of 10 guys don't win anything on the WSOP main event too. Doesn't stop people from participating. Unlike WSOP main event, you also have better data about your chances of doing well if you've been an active player to make a decision on whether this is worth it or not.

If you place top 1000 then it's basically like taking 300 HP to buy 3 daily deals of heroic tokens and getting some Isotope 8 on the side. I'd consider that a neutral outcome or slightly below neutral, but are people really expecting to have a positive gain in such a tournament for just placing top 1000?
    Out of the whole population? That's like top 10%, which is about 1 3* range for the other tournaments that are actually bracketed
  • Hm... I am thinking about joining tonight but my Avengers are pretty sub-par. My Thor/wolvie are at Lv 60 and there is no sense in leveling them before the nerf. My model 40 is at level 40 but I don't really know how to play well with him. My best avenger is Spidey at Lv 100. If I had a hulk black cover then I would put iso into him for the tourney but he only has 5 greens so I don't think he would be very useful... I have black widows Grey suit Lv60 and original Lv85.

To those who have entered and seen the competition, do you think it is worth it to join even with a sub-par avengers roster?