Possible exploit found

Hi, I run Marvel Puzzle Quest in a virtual windows environment on a linux machine, and after messing with some of my drivers and the nvidia control panel, made a discovery that probably requires a bit of attention. If something is causing the game to run at a higher than usual framerate, the ui animations are sped up, significantly. This can occasionally lead to some amusing glitches (like what appeared to be an unused pve mission select screen displaying while assets were loading), but I fear it could also be used to complete matches much, much faster than intended. I suspect this could also be accomplished by playing using an android emulator like bluestacks, but I'm not actually certain if it's possible to connect to the MPQ servers through an emulated android environment.

Comments

• Oh lord, I had this issue when playing Ducktales Remastered. Refresh rate is 144 Hz, suddenly I'm playing a game on impossible mode with everything going waaaay too fast.This is, hopefully, something easy to fix, but given how it still hasn't been patched in DTR, it might take a bit to remedy.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Haven't tried, but it's probably possible with enough tinkering. That being said, our servers would pretty quickly flag someone who is getting through matches *far* faster than the average for the level of characters used. One of our team would look at the flags and act based off a review of that user's data. So yes, it could be an exploit. But it wouldn't gain you much for long.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Haven't tried, but it's probably possible with enough tinkering. That being said, our servers would pretty quickly flag someone who is getting through matches *far* faster than the average for the level of characters used. One of our team would look at the flags and act based off a review of that user's data. So yes, it could be an exploit. But it wouldn't gain you much for long.
    two names: jacobpc and thereck.

exactly when are You going to do something about them?
  • Emeryt wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

+1
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Burn them! Burn the witches!
  • Emeryt wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

There are good reasons why game companies don't publicly reveal who they ban and why. If jacobpc and thereck are still in the game after many complaints then it could be for the following reasons. No evidence of cheating might be the first reason to look at. Another reason is that they want to continue investigating the nature of the cheat so that they can learn more about it. Because of their in-game purchases (I believe jacob pc said he purchased $600 worth of premium content), they may wish to have ample evidence of wrongdoing to warrant a ban. The developers might wait to ban the cheater after months of knowing the player is cheating. They don't want the cheater to know what what was detected.
  • And do they compensate all the other folks who fell victim? Of it's just case of sucks to be you?

I guess the count of potential paying customers lost to the non-addressing behavior is > 0.

IMO the behavior you refer to is common for cases that are still under cover, so come with no PR penalty while sitting on the fence.