**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Comments

• nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    It seems in pvp px can win any match on offense but is squishy so will get targeted a lot on defense. Of course you win a bit more defensively but not nearly enough to matter.

So I think it's good for initial push and final push but not to rest on long unshielded anywhere near the top.

Still debating the build. Thanks for the advice on builds for pve or pvp
  • nwman wrote:
    I have mine 5/4/4 I like it, but am thinking about switching to 4/5/4 but I'm not sure how much that extra 2 ap is helping, so I want to gauge that over the next while before I switch. Any thoughts?

I generally win either because the blue damage or boosting tiles while invisible, if he doesn't tank any colors I know you can't boost, but if he ends up alone it can be crazy powerful.

What to do. icon_e_smile.gif

The majority of my alliance members were in the 5/3/5/ camp but now they are saying 4/4/5 just because of the huge jump in the boost on purple and the only real difference between 4 and 5 blue is the 2 extra ap.

I think 5 yellow is non negotiable because its free tiles just by using abilities. Definitely a well designed character as there is no 1 clear-cut build.

445 PX proponent here. IMO 445 is the sweet spot for his build since you don't loose that much by having 4 in Blue and Purple (versus having 5 in them). I also agree that 5 in Yellow if a must. i built my PX 445 from the start and i haven't ever regretted it. It is a great all around build for both PVP & PVE.

easy...marc
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    My PX is now 5 blueflag.png 3 purpleflag.png 5 yellowflag.png and teaming with GSBW(and 3* Thor). But i start to consider shifting my PX's power to 445 and max him. Is that a good move?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    TOFU3 wrote:
    My PX is now 5 blueflag.png 3 purpleflag.png 5 yellowflag.png and teaming with GSBW(and 3* Thor). But i start to consider shifting my PX's power to 445 and max him. Is that a good move?

For PvE or PvP? Honestly, I would never use him in PvP except climbing early on, as he is horrible on defense (especially with GSBW), and you will make an easy target. And to get the most out of him in PvE, you want 5 in blue to max his AP return for match 5s to get that near infinite loop going.
  • notamutant wrote:
    TOFU3 wrote:

For PvE or PvP? Honestly, I would never use him in PvP except climbing early on, as he is horrible on defense (especially with GSBW), and you will make an easy target. And to get the most out of him in PvE, you want 5 in blue to max his AP return for match 5s to get that near infinite loop going.
    i saw alot of gsbw/charles teams in BoP, but that may have just been a BoP thing. Seems like ppl like climbing with him.
  • notamutant
    raisinbman wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    TOFU3 wrote:

i saw alot of gsbw/charles teams in BoP, but that may have just been a BoP thing. Seems like ppl like climbing with him.

If people are using GSBW with Prof X, they are using him for his blue, not his purple or yellow. So it still wouldn't make sense to respect him.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    So I've been using my 5/4/3 Prof X with GSBW and SW. Man I can finish a match in 1-2 minutes easily.

As you get over 1000 in PVP, IMO, the biggest factor in hopping is time. I can only get 2 matches (if I'm lucky) before I start getting hit hard. I'm thinking about running PX and GSBW with the featured on my hops. Yes I won't win a single defensive battle but I THINK I can get in 3 matches with that team. Thoughts, anyone who's tried this?
  • notamutant
    Cylaali wrote:
    So I've been using my 5/4/3 Prof X with GSBW and SW. Man I can finish a match in 1-2 minutes easily.

As you get over 1000 in PVP, IMO, the biggest factor in hopping is time. I can only get 2 matches (if I'm lucky) before I start getting hit hard. I'm thinking about running PX and GSBW with the featured on my hops. Yes I won't win a single defensive battle but I THINK I can get in 3 matches with that team. Thoughts, anyone who's tried this?

Time is definitely very important, but remember that on defense that team will also get defeated quicker and be more likely to be attacked. Even if you can finish more matches quicker, you are more likely to get more attacks coming through against you quicker. Also, you couldn't use SW in PvP, just GSBW and Prof X. Compared to HB/Fist team, that is like 7k less health and a lot less deterrence power.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    notamutant wrote:
    Time is definitely very important, but remember that on defense that team will also get defeated quicker and be more likely to be attacked. Even if you can finish more matches quicker, you are more likely to get more attacks coming through against you quicker. Also, you couldn't use SW in PvP, just GSBW and Prof X. Compared to HB/Fist team, that is like 7k less health and a lot less deterrence power.

Thanks for the feedback, my IF is built out but not my IMHB yet. icon_e_sad.gif

Your point was still made, I may try my next hop to do two matches with the aformentioned team, and then go for a third with my defensive team.
  • notamutant wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    TOFU3 wrote:

If people are using GSBW with Prof X, they are using him for his blue, not his purple or yellow. So it still wouldn't make sense to respect him.
    you know better than me i'm just commenting what i saw
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Okay, having used him longer, if you want to buff a color and use him with gsbw for instance 5 blue is a must so I think that is the best build so he is a pve tank.

He pairs well of course with gsbw and sw, but also with sw, and jean

Arcane creates enough purple as is, and if you get a match 5 you get 4 more purple so its easy to get to 20 purple and then cast jeans purple twice...

Now I just have to finally decide on 5/3/5 or 5/4/4
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    To comment on this:

I'm seeing a shift with PX recently. In fact, looking at some top player builds, many have him 3/5/5. As of now, unless PvP changes to where we can select all 3 characters, PX will be very limited in his role. If you have your PX maxed then he is really limited to when GSBW, KK, Thor, IF, etc...the ones that can create reliable cascades are buffed.

I really broke this guy down, maybe this can help you.

Of all his skills, the only one that always works no matter what is yellowflag.pngPsychic Convergence. This to me is the one skill I know that should always be maxed. With the attack and strike tile you are doing at least 136 per turn and taking 75 less.

purpleflag.png Blindspot and blueflag.png Masterplan both have lots of what if clauses, yellow is somebody just has to use a skill, so unless everyone's dead, it will always work. Now Blindspot always works in that it makes the Prof Invisible, but it does that at level 1. The bonus as it goes up is that it boosts your special tiles to amazing levels but under these 3 circumstances.
    1.) Invisibility tile is out
    2.) Special tiles are out
    3.) Prof X makes the match

Masterplan is much simplier--you make 5 match you do X.

This logic runs you to 3 builds at this point
    3/5/5
    4/4/5
    5/3/5

because as it goes yellow is the one skill we can always count on so it should be the one skill we always max IMO. Now both 3/5/5 and 5/3/5 take an extreme and abuse it. 3/5/5 by trying to put 952 worth of strength into special tiles and 5/3/5 by hitting you for 4408 dmg and getting 4 AP. Both those builds require a special team set as 3/5/5 really needs a teammate that can spit out attack and strike tiles while also cheap skills, anything that speeds purple is a bonus. 5/3/5 needs a partner(s) to max a chance of match 5's.

Now 4/4/5 tries to draw the line and live in both worlds, and I'll admit PX on paper is where it appears that a hybrid works, but in reality, you are losing 298 dmg on blue and 2AP, if AP is dmg and say the average skill is about 400 dmg per AP, it's really a loss of 700 per use, not to mention many of the match 5 combos can hinge on a single AP to break a chain. And then you are also given up 476 in strength for special tiles on purple. So because attempting to get the most out of blue or purple requires a specialized lineup than don't have much cross over yet (by I crossover I mean someone that can facilitate loads of special damage tiles and cascade potential) you can throw out the 4/4/5 build IMO.

Thus 5/3/5 and 3/5/5 are your only remaining options.

So when it's all said and done, there are 2 builds for PX 5/3/5 and 3/5/5. One likes a stable board full of special tiles, the other wants a cascading board or colored tile creators. They are complete opposites of the same character which is cool. I opted for the more PvP build of 5/3/5 because I don't find board stability to be the case in PvP.

Hope this helps.

Note: In attempt to preempt 2 arguments.
    One. C.Mags actually does both, special tile and cascade, but defense doesn't win matches.
    Two. I get that 5/5/3 is potentially more apt to color tile creators because it doesn't plug up the board, however in cases of Thor, IF, KK etc it sometimes can increase a cascade chance by blocking an option at the same rate as decreasing it so it is a wash. Generally it seems to be GSBW where special tiles start to cause match 5 problems, but her Green can usually rectify the problem if placed correctly, which is why I don't even consider 5/5/3, plus why **** the only skill that always works.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3 is where it's at if you want to abuse GSBW and SW in PVE. All those special tiles from 5 Yellow really clogs up the board.

Personally, I'm building two PXs--a 5/5/3 (to leave at level 220 so purple is the strongest team color) and and 3/5/5. I see no point in settling for a 4/4/5 which **** PX's only two uses. (pun intended)
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    If you're going to leave him at 220 and use with Scarlet Witch/GSBW, then I'd highly recommend that you just spec him as 5/5/0. Works a lot better than clogging up the whole screen with special tiles.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Guys thanks a lot! Now im gonna settle it and remains 535. I miss the point that actually purple has quite a number of circumstances to make it work significantly well.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Huatimus wrote:
    If you're going to leave him at 220 and use with Scarlet Witch/GSBW, then I'd highly recommend that you just spec him as 5/5/0. Works a lot better than clogging up the whole screen with special tiles.
    Can you get up to level 220 with a 5/5/0 build?
  • notamutant
    vudu3 wrote:
    Huatimus wrote:
    Can you get up to level 220 with a 5/5/0 build?

Yes, I did it on my sandboxed account.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone know how high I can level PX until his blue becomes the strongest colour (over maxed GSBWs purple) when he is weekly buffed. I will be getting my 5th blue cover from rags pvp and the idea is to use charlies angels team in the next pve and he is buffed next week.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    If GSBW isn't buffed, but is at level 166 (what level is your GSBW?), then her purple is 79.

Prof X blue hits 79 at level 222 ... if he's is at 170 he will buff to 221. So 170 should be the answer.

Thanks aes. I will level PX up when he is boosted to make sure I will not accidentally overlevel him.
  • So you can make a lv170 550 PX for pve bombing only, even when he's essential. Interesting.